EIB thighs question

hi all (sorry for my english ...)

a quick hello to Toulouse in southwest France

I'm changing my armor (sds) for EIB statut and I spend a question about the thighs. I am forced to closed the back by glued or the use of Velcro it is allowed? (Design of the rear similar to the kit RT / FX / AM from one side juxtaposed to the next) same question for the shins home I use velcro is this good? thank you in advance

P.S for the status of Centurion I think it's an obligation for cons I am a bit lost here

you can glue the thighs closed, or you can leave them velcro.

the centurion status is basically a screen used style of fitting and assembly.

using the proper brads for the thigh power cell and glue for the shin knee plate is the way to go.

Like Vern said, you can do either. Personally, I think gluing the thigh backs shut results in a cleaner, more streamlined look.

• 3 months later...

Here's a good question...

My thighs are a bit thicker... and so I could use the normal 1/2 shim on the front, and in the back, can I use a bit bigger shim? LIke a 4 or 5 inch shim to give me the space available?

That's a great question Ryan. For EIB we've really not made a point of having a finishing strip in the back, and while one would think Centurion would have it we've not crafted language yet that would cover it, though I suspect we will at some point in the future.

As for velcro vs. glue - as Brian said this is your call - we don't enforce it either way but would agree it looks far better glued. The advantage of velcro is you can do a few troops to validate the trimming before permanently gluing shut, but someone else pointed out that they just use a less permanent glue or glue in just a few spots for the first few troops to allow easier de-bonding for re-trimming, then fully glue once they are 100% confident of the fit. This seems to make more sense to me, really.

OH I see what you did there. You got some extra plastic, made a v shape in the back and regular finishing strip in the front. Makes sense.

Now to find someone that will have some extra plastic to do that with me. Time to go to my armor supplier.

THANK YOU! That is seriously a great idea and gives me the space I need to make this portion of my quest happen.