ANH Behind the Scenes or Original Armor Reference Photos

Guest Bezerkus

Guest Bezerkus

While many have posted nice HD screen grabs from the movie for reference, I'm very much interested in the behind the scenes photos that people have accumulated or grabbed from making of videos, or just photos of original Stormtrooper ANH armor/helmets. Let's post pics and discuss whatever you want about them. I'll start...

----------

Very interesting, the difference in the neck seals (especially the trooper behind Leia).

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Another nice thing about this photo is that establishes Stormtrooper Officers with: belt boxes, equestrian (instead of jack) boots, gloves, and slight jodhpur on the pants.

Thats cool.... the only thing i find wierd are the 2 stormys that are holding the "Real" sterlings with one Finger.......

Really dout that holding a 6 pound gun with one finger is easier then useing both of your hands.......

Guest Bezerkus
spidee said:
Love the Hair Styles :D

If ya liked those hair styles, check out these...

--------

I know, I know, PUT THE HELMETS BACK ON!! :blink: But, check out the cheese grater handplates on the TD 2nd from the left and on the right.

Edited by gmrhodes13

look at the guy with th MG-34 he's just chill'n with it like it weighs 5lb's haha :lol: ...I could never do that with mine its to damn heavy...I'd be resting the butt on my foot like the guy with the MG-15 B)

Really dout that holding a 6 pound gun with one finger is easier then useing both of your hands.......

It depends on what you're used to and how long you'd be doing it. I've been fencing since high school, and don't really notice the weight -- but I probably have better-than-average grip strength by now. Also, for a few minutes between takes, I wouldn't have a problem. Not something I'd do to carry it for any distance, though. *heh*

--Jonah

Bezerkus said:
If ya liked those hair styles, check out these...

---------

That's TD's for you . They are an uncouth bunch ;)

Keep up the photo's !!!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Guest Bezerkus

----------

The trooper you see pointing to the Falcon when being pulled into the Deathstar. Making of says something about that at this time ILM only had one of two suits that they had due to one being stolen, so they just placed Joe Johnston (trooper) in the matte shot there twice, so he looks like two troopers watching the Falcon enter the landing bay.

Note: Handplates on wrong hands.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bezerkus
I'm curious, is that Luke arm props at your home? Cause there's no way that helmet is a movie prop right?

Is that your helmet Kirk?

Nope, not mine, from a Lucasfilm Archive Exhibit...

The caption on the photo at Flickr says:

"From the Lucasfilm Archive Exhibit: an original stormtrooper helmet, plus the prosthesis Mark Hamill wore in Empire to simulate his hand replacement."

Maybe some experts can weigh in on the origins of it.

Bezerkus said:
Nope, not mine, from a Lucasfilm Archive Exhibit...

The caption on the photo at Flickr says:

"From the Lucasfilm Archive Exhibit: an original stormtrooper helmet, plus the prosthesis Mark Hamill wore in Empire to simulate his hand replacement."

Maybe some experts can weigh in on the origins of it.

That photo is from the exhibit at Celebration IV. The text said, if I remember correctly, that the bucket was from ANH and was a Hero style bucket. Here is a pic of me comparing my bucket to the exibit:

uYNnowN.jpg

I am about 95% sure about all that, but I reserve the right to be totally off.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

That is so weird .. please enlighten me ..

All pictures of screen used helmets I've ever seen were missing pieces or with a lot of paint chips and paint runs. While this one looks almost flawless .. super nice paint job, ears cut to actually fit real nice etc ...

Am I on crack or this thing looks way too good?!?