TKC paint color chart

dashrazor

i put this together when finishing up my current build. i noticed there are several different shades of blue. i took the colors directly from the game textures because the in game lighting can effect the colors (they appear lighter of darker depending on position)

enjoy ;)

here is an example

I used 4 different shades of blue and tried to match the colors as best as i could

paintchart.jpg

TKC001.jpg

I used navy blue,brilliant blue,royal blue and just a plain blue. i applied the darker shades first and went over with lighter

shades

(it looks much darker in normal lighting and brilliant in direct sunlight)

paintchart.webp

this is exactly what I needed to finish my TKC build!

I'm looking at using 3 shades of blue as well!

I have been testing different blues on my ABS and checking out the toothpaste, latex and sanding weathering concepts.

it would be fun to have printouts of the exact textures in real size! could act like a stencil for scratches!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

My question branches off of rapstertee's, sort of. What type of paint is best? Rattle can or brush. Latex (or Emulsion for those across the pond), water, acrylic, or oil based. Flat, Matte, Semi-Gloss, Egg Shell, etc. I might be over thinking this... :blink:

Edited by Rook470

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I have to agree with what was said up the top of the page about different lighting giving different variants of blue.

I myself have gone for a spray paint (rattle can) Vauxhall regatta blue,and is the nearest I have found to the blue in other photos and the game footage.

I would upload some photos but currently on iPhone and not sure how and if its possible to upload.

Also what techniques have people been using for the dirt scuff look.. Matt or gloss.. Hand painted or airbrush.. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks KNAWJK

Edited by KNAWJK

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...