1978 Kenner E-11

Well,

I spent a long day at storage looking thru my collection of vintage toys searching for a box. That box had not seen the light of day for years, and I have been thinking about it a lot as I began my current Hasbro mod. The box that says Stormtrooper gun. I found it :D:lol::Laser: The reason I have a thing for Hasbro blasters, my first E-11 circa 1978. One of my prized possesions, is in great condition except for the broken tip.

1978KennerE-11.jpg

1978KennerE-11a.jpg

Rifle mode

1978KennerE-11b.jpg

1978KennerE-11c.jpg

Close-up date and sticker

1978KennerE-11d.jpg

So there you have it, the reason I do Hasbro mods

Hope you enjoy the nastalgia B)

i had one of these when i was a kid. Unfortunately my parents gave away or through away all my toys...ugh. Wish i still had mine, so cool it had the folding stock on it. Awesome piece, thanks for sharing!

That's awesome! It would be cool if they still sold them with the folding stock. I can deal with them painting it white and orange, but It doesn't really look right without the stock.

That's awesome! It would be cool if they still sold them with the folding stock. I can deal with them painting it white and orange, but It doesn't really look right without the stock.

Think its got to be because of the poor clips these things had holding the stock up. I let my kids play with my old blaster till they snapped these off. Ended up taking it off them and replacing it with a new Hasbro Fett Blaster, they can do what they like with that.

That said I ended up gluing them back on and putting a block between the two clips and it shaws them up somewhat.

NICE!

I always wanted this toy blaster. But I only got the Han Solo blaster. I was so stoked when Kenner rereleased it as the Batman Sonic Blaster. I immediately peeled the Batman sticker off & painted the orange tip & scoe lenses. Ahhh I fially had my Stormtooper Blaster :Laser:

So that is how the folding stock works! Too cool!

That's how it worked on the Hasbro,nice and simple. The real folding stock is way more complex. Always good to have you chime in B)

Wow. That's badass!

Thank you! :D

i had one of these when i was a kid. Unfortunately my parents gave away or through away all my toys...ugh. Wish i still had mine, so cool it had the folding stock on it. Awesome piece, thanks for sharing!

I am sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well. In 1984, we had one of my Uncle's living with us. I came home from school one day and half my toys were gone. He and my Stepdad felt I had too many toys, I lost 50 to 60 percent of my star wars collection. Until that day, I had every action figure and most of the vehicles and playsets. I miss the deathstar and vaders star destroyer playsets the most. :(

There will be a newer version of that folding stock coming soon! ;)

I think it was there way of making it easier and different than the original 78. I was bummed myself when they started selling these w/out the stock. Your absolutely right about the look.

Think its got to be because of the poor clips these things had holding the stock up. I let my kids play with my old blaster till they snapped these off. Ended up taking it off them and replacing it with a new Hasbro Fett Blaster, they can do what they like with that.

That said I ended up gluing them back on and putting a block between the two clips and it shaws them up somewhat.

I am amazed that my clips are still there and functional, I played hard with that blaster. Vintage toys and young children :blink: You are braver than I am!

Thanks for posting!

NICE!

I always wanted this toy blaster. But I only got the Han Solo blaster. I was so stoked when Kenner rereleased it as the Batman Sonic Blaster. I immediately peeled the Batman sticker off & painted the orange tip & scoe lenses. Ahhh I fially had my Stormtooper Blaster :Laser:

Awsome :D , I did not know they released it as a Batman toy! They do this quite a bit, apparently. When Robinhood came out they released the Ewok Village again as there wooded base camp. Thanks!

• 5 years later...