TKC thermal det

ok, so the crl says fo centurion you have to have a ROTJ thermal det, however, looking at some screen caps, it looks like the detonator is just white with no detail on the control panel.

The thermal detonator control panel needs to have correct ROTJ details, not ANH/ESB.

dXO5VHA.png93R6FDg.jpg

any thoughts on this?

As this is ROTJ armor as a base, the main item we wanted to ensure of was that we did not see ANH/ESB style detonators. There is a question on if the control panel should be omitted per the game or else chalked up to a lapse on the game designer - they are not always 100% on details after all.

take note of the thermal detonator in battlefront 2. it also has no details and it is only 1/2 of a canister.. also it was left on the HWT and they just slapped the pack over it.. i think the game details are lacking in this area because the game programmers probably didnt think people would focus the stormies butts? :P

ZfjZclj.jpg

ANH/ESB TD

TK_anh_stunt_detonator.jpeg

many troopers in ROTJ didn't wear a TD at all and some were worn up-side down

Hmm, I would think that the lack of detail was just as Dash said. It just wasn't something that was import to them in programing. They had other things to dedicate memory too. Not sure that there is really that much of a difference when watching the movie pausing and zooming in on the TD. Most of the ones I could see really well look just like the ANH/ESB. I think this is a case once again of using what they had and slapping together things at the last minute. My thought would be as long as it is an accurate TD for any of the movies then it should be good since the lack of designing in the game and that you would have to imagine that the TD would be the one used in ANH as this is set just before that time frame.

• 3 months later...

after some thought i made the TKC thermal detonator to match the game model just to see how it would look. i remember originally it was to be painted all white, but IMHO that would look pretty plain and really wouldn't match the game model.

this is what i did (it has a bit more depth than painted on details)

5sXVXFr.jpg

qN6drPU.jpg

gxU6WbB.jpg

game model

b11tHqj.jpg

what do you guys think? it is looking like this style will be on the centurion level as it is a bit more difficult to make.

the center detail is made from 3" PVC drain pipe formed over the 2" PVC ;)

• 5 months later...

So what is the final word on the TD that Dashrazor made without the details. I plan to build one if it were acceptable for centurion status or will I need to build a ROTJ detonator?

Thanks,

Dan

TK-3967

It should be good. I have one and have had a series of comedic errors that are preventing the picture for hitting the CRL. Both game & regular versions are approvable.

On 4/18/2011 at 9:14 PM, dashrazor said:

take note of the thermal detonator in battlefront 2. it also has no details and it is only 1/2 of a canister.. also it was left on the HWT and they just slapped the pack over it.. i think the game details are lacking in this area because the game programmers probably didnt think people would focus the stormies butts? tongue.gif

Actually,

4H7zFaU.jpg

wGDaM6o.jpg

There were some details on the Battlefront cans (even thought they were only half-round).

It might be because my screencaps are taken at 1920x1200 SUPER HI-DEF.

EDIT: I'm going to try and get some ultra-crisp TFU screens in the near future.

Edited by Darth Furious

I've talked about this many many times. the screenshots of TKC stormtroopers are coming out of different

renders.

the scratch pattern and layout of the weathering ARE NOT the same on all consoles.

I did my pattern based upon the first renderings shown, and then we show a different set

of renderings and people are basing their designs from completely different lighting situations

and patterns of damage.

it kind of makes me a little upset that we have 2 different helmet lines, and patterns to follow.

Having two differnt patterns to choose from could be a good thing.

After all, if you get two TKCs standing next to each other, it'll look better if they don't have the exact same weathering. More realistic.

My $0.02, anyhow.

On 2/7/2012 at 6:15 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

I've talked about this many many times. the screenshots of TKC stormtroopers are coming out of different

renders.

the scratch pattern and layout of the weathering ARE NOT the same on all consoles.

I did my pattern based upon the first renderings shown, and then we show a different set

of renderings and people are basing their designs from completely different lighting situations

and patterns of damage.

it kind of makes me a little upset that we have 2 different helmet lines, and patterns to follow.

all the posted renders share the same skin files so are all identical as far as the placement of the paint details and weathering patterns. the main problem is perspective (the angle of the photo) and lighting/shadow effects in the game changing the color tones.. but that is exactly why i enlisted Corey to make the new 3D renders that have no external lighting/shadow effects or wonky in game camera work ;) --------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I was able to get you a really, really, really large view of the Thermal Det. This image is from the model of the Stormtrooper from the forces unleashed.

Download for a larger image, the resolution is 3276 x 2403 24bit RGB non stretched Uber Hi-Def :)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 2/7/2012 at 10:23 PM, dashrazor said:

all the posted renders share the same skin files so are all identical as far as the placement of the paint details and weathering patterns. the main problem is perspective (the angle of the photo) and lighting/shadow effects in the game changing the color tones.. but that is exactly why i enlisted Corey to make the new 3D renders that have no external lighting/shadow effects or wonky in game camera work ;)------

well there is a complete difference on the eye line of the TKC helmet.

from console to console I see variations.

compare this rendering here:

----------

with this one, and you can plainly see that they are different!

hSITGfo.jpg

brother I personally believe that there is a lot of difference between the renders when you compare the

felucia renders with the darker render.

see how the eye line changes shape, location and scratch pattern?

you say it's the same, but it clearly is not sir!~

U1HlLzv.png

there is no angle to the eye line in this rendering, and it's even a different distance from the eye center.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

1. This topic is de-railing.

2. The variation of the Stormtrooper Commander should be based on the PC game. It is the most accurate. (Taking a picture of a TV from the xbox should not be allowed as each tv shows a different color differently... Same with taking a picture of it...)

--> This being said, maybe a standard can be made so that all TKs follow the same color code (IE. HEX Code)

3. The variation of the Stormtrooper Commander TKC Thermal Det. should be based on the PC Game model, not another character from a different game. That being said, I think both versions would still be acceptable.

Offically, the Stormtrooper Commander (Blue Variant) can be seen in: The Force Unleashed (Multiple Console).

This is my view.

Edited by Star Raider

I would be inclined to agree it's better to reference from PC than from consoles, as PCs are capable of higher resolution and detail (with the obvious proviso that you be running said PC at higher res than the console ;) ).

Be it the BD releases of the films or higher-def screens of the games, I firmly feel we should always be using the best references at our disposal.