Specific color for tube stripes

OK, I have acquired a file and have cut my first set of tube stripes. These are a basic blue, and do not seem to be 100% accurate in color. With all the experts floating around here recently, can anyone give me an accurate idea regarding the color? I believe my shape is good. Let me know what you think:

OUBkmhh.jpg

Feel free to provide other feedback as well. I felt these look more accurate compared to the others I have seen, but again, I want to get your feedback.

Once I get the blue down, I will be making these available in an accurate blue, as well as any other color people can think of.

Let the opinions roll!!

:trooper:

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Scott!!!

two threads about This can only find one....

------------

But Humbrol midnight blue was mentioned......

Hope this helps :)

But fromm what i can see tthey look right... I might suggest u get a pic of it with noon sun over head, that would give us the closest to true color, but i would get thous, right now if i need a pair!!!

My opinion....

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks,

My biggest issue is matching that with the colors of vinyl I have available. Funny thing is Humbrol Midnight Blue is not an option in Vinyl.

I am actually working with TC on this, so maybe he has an idea.

Thanks again,

:trooper:

Humbrol Midnight blue is too dark, in fact no Humbrol color matches the tube stripes.

Most vinyl cut stripes use 3M/Gerber vivid blue. There is no vinyl that will match the correct color. See starwarshelmets.com for pics of the real deal to get an idea of the actual color.

I was working on a paint color mix that matches (it's been put on the back burner for awhile too many irons in the fire at the moment), when done I can spray the vinyl then cut the stripes or use it to hand paint if desired.

Doug