Jes Gistang - research thread

Every edit to Kev's kit that we had to make (to get the first couple approved) was based on feedback consistent with the comic. There's only really one black, so it's just the differences in the greys. I think Michael used Testors 1138 with Stacey's. I used a darker gray with Shannon's - I'll verify the Model Master # when I get home.

I don't see what you mean by light years. All three are very close to each other with regards to the front and the colors used. The back is where the debate was.

If you're really going to stick with the statue, then the teeth shouldn't be cut out. But again, the comics are the "source" material for approval, currently.

To be very clear: I did the same thing as you (obviously, since I went with a different gray than is used on a standard TK) but I went with the comics since the backplate and everything else we were asked to change were in reference to the comic panels.

I'm all for making sure it's close to the source, but don't lose sight that this is a TK. Choosing a single "source" for an ANH TK would be impossible :) Of course, all this discussion is moot once (read: if) the statue-based CRL of Jes is ever approved.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know if Kevin has been around recently? I've tried email and PM, but haven't gotten a response so far. Realizing it's the holiday season, but my wife would like to order her armor. (We'd prefer to go to the source for the full kit, but I have seen a set on RPF recently as well.) Anybody have any suggestions for ordering or getting in touch? Or, for that matter, know if he has armor ready to ship?

Sorry if off-topic, but she's getting impatient :)

Anybody know if Kevin has been around recently? I've tried email and PM, but haven't gotten a response so far. Realizing it's the holiday season, but my wife would like to order her armor. (We'd prefer to go to the source for the full kit, but I have seen a set on RPF recently as well.) Anybody have any suggestions for ordering or getting in touch? Or, for that matter, know if he has armor ready to ship?

Sorry if off-topic, but she's getting impatient :)

My guess is he is on Vacation :D Or at least taking time away from the hustle and bustle of orders.

It is always best to go to the source if you are in the same country as the source. The export and reimport fees will kill you.

Thanks everyone. I am here and just been very busy and took some time to spend with the family. I made a post on my facebook as heads up on any delays that might occur keeping me from getting back to any emails or pms. This year is going to be a busy year for me so I will do my best to get to any messages as soon as I can.

Happy New Year!!! 2015!!!

Kevin W.

• Like 2

Kevin, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry if I seemed impatient but....well, the wife was. :) She happy now...and impatiently watching my email for tracking number. What can I say? When she wants something, she goes all in. And she's ready to build!

I procrastinated on getting the boots off of www.newlook.com, and now they're sold out! Any suggestions on what to do about boots now? I really liked the boot with the heel, even though it's not approvable.

I was asking the same question on facebook, here is the link to the thread: https://www.facebook.com/FemaleStormtrooperJesGistang/posts/331653770368202?comment_id=331738460359733&reply_comment_id=331920130341566&offset=0&total_comments=6&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

I am working on my TK right now and my wife is interested in the legacy armor for trooping (she is very interested in the charity aspect). She is funny and thinks she will get beat up (figuratively) because she doesn't have the same affinity for Star Wars. LOL how goofy is that? 

I am working on my TK right now and my wife is interested in the legacy armor for trooping (she is very interested in the charity aspect). She is funny and thinks she will get beat up (figuratively) because she doesn't have the same affinity for Star Wars. LOL how goofy is that? 

"That person is not really into Star Wars" is not a thing that was ever said to someone wearing a 501st approved Star Wars costume.

-Eric

• Like 2

Looking for some advice here.

------------

I am ever so short on getting the tops of her shins to close in the back. This is the last hold up before we submit. Any thoughts on what I could do to get them closed and still be good for approval? Would a cover strip that is tapered to be a little wider at the top be good?

Bare in mind this is a old picture and does not reflect the new TD and back plate.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Since you're going to have to go the route of shimming, I would say shim the "bottom" piece that goes under the integrated cover strip, rather than doubling up a cover strip.

My wife has been on a half dozen troops now. It's not something that ever comes up.

She's not into anything beyond the OT and her own armor (and its backstory). And to be honest, I don't think she's even watched all the OT in one sitting, she just sees bits and pieces when me or the kids watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I know CRL is WIP at the moment.

But was wondering if the LMO clearance on the costumes already cleared - allowed for clearance WITHOUT a helmet?  Or was is Bucket On only?

Nate

Bucket only currently. they have not allowed to be a face character.

• 1 month later...

Looks that both kind of heels (low and chunky) femtrooper boots could be approved on the CRL and some ladies writted me saying the Canadian chunky provider not always have stock, I decided to make a chunky under possible CRL specs, this is a long central tongue, as usual full leather and velcro to sujection inside the armor, here the chrono pics:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2