Jes Gistang - research thread

I think the proportions are perfect. I think it was just that particular photo.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The Joker Squad helmet does look to have a long face. It's more prominently seen in a 3/4 angle. Kev did a really great job at emulating the look in the drawings.

Shannon had her first troop as an approved member today. We did a 2nd Halloween Trick-Or-Treat for a little guy who's been in the hospital for the past couple months and missed his favorite holiday. Shannon was a HUGE hit with the little girls. I handled (had our little Jawas with us) and got quite a few questions from the moms and dads about the armor, costumes, and 501st. It was a great event, lots of positive feedback about the female trooper, and I'm so glad it's finally approved for the ladies.

Thanks once again to Michael, Stacey, and Kevin for all your work on this. I have a happy wife. Well, for

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I just want to make sure my Thanksgiving Sale post was noticed. Here is the link...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29260-thanksgiving-2014-sale/

If your wanting to get the Fem Helmet, Comic book style back plate and Comic style T/D smooth cover now is your chance to get free shipping.

Thanks

Kevin W.

Just wondering about something strange...

The approved Fem-TK is accepted with the Knee type, helmet and DLT, all directly from the GG statue, instead of the comicbook style(s), but they cant accept the backplate detail, TD canister and boots...??

What are they smoking in Legion HQ, and where can I get it??

• Like 1

Just wondering about something strange...

The approved Fem-TK is accepted with the Knee type, helmet and DLT, all directly from the GG statue, instead of the comicbook style(s), but they cant accept the backplate detail, TD canister and boots...??

What are they smoking in Legion HQ, and where can I get it??

I feel the concessions like the backplate and TD were a way to appease the people who didn't want to give it legion acceptance.

My feeling is soon enough we will see the comic style requirements removed in favor of the GG statue based on the other clone bust approval rule.

• Like 3

I feel the concessions like the backplate and TD were a way to appease the people who didn't want to give it legion acceptance.

My feeling is soon enough we will see the comic style requirements removed in favor of the GG statue based on the other clone bust approval rule.

Totally agree. Seems like there were some "fine, let's go with this then" type decisions that don't completely make sense. Whatever.

Based on how long it took to get this approved... I wouldn't hold your breath on the statue CRL. The mods are easy enough to get approved, we can easily switch back if there are any changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, anyone who has the GG statue, can you take me some detail shots of the helmet, front, sides and back? I'd like to paint it right and like basing my work on the source material and not what others have done.

Thanks!

The source material is the comics, not the statue.

Edit: The source material, for current state of approval.

Edited by bzb

The source material is the comics, not the statue.

Edit: The source material, for current state of approval.

The source material for the approval of the helmet can't be the comic, since the helmet in the KW kit is lightyears away from the one seen in the comic. So I'm looking for detailed shots of the GG helmet since thats what the kit helmet is based from.