Jes Gistang - research thread

Word is, that the KW Jes costumes are approved as long as you have a helmet, the comic style backplate and sensible boots (?).

Like the one Michael posted:

backplatedetail_zps51d8dca9.jpg

OK here are the prices for the Jes Gistang Comic Style Backplate...

$10.00 USD each if shipped with a helmet or armor kit order.

$15.00 USD each shipped within the Cont US.

$18.00 USD each shipped outside the Cont US.

My Paypal is kwdesigns2@verizon.net
#1 Please list exactly what you are getting in the paypal message area when you pay.
#2 Please list your complete ship to address.
#3 List your email address so I can send you a tracking number from Stamps.com
#4 List your contact phone number so the shipping carrier can reach you if there is a problem.
#5 List what media was used to contact me? email, Facebook, If a web forum, "which one" and what is your user name there?
Orders normally ship within 12-18 days after payment is received.

Thanks
Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Is this information verified?

I don't really understand why the original, statue-based backplate isn't good enough for 501st Basic.

I certainly would like official word on that stance, considering FX helmets are still allowed for basic 501st.

And as far as "sensible boots" go... going to need that to be a little more defined. Otherwise, my wife is trying to convince me that these Louboutins are "sensible". Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Speaking of wifey, she had a blast this weekend at Zoo Atlanta. Dozens of little girls, moms, (and of course) dads came up to her asking her about the armor and being a Stormtrooper. Best part was hearing one of them say, "Is that your Stormtrooper husband? He's scary, but you're not."

She was a real trooper, lasting 4 hours in it with a short 5 minute break. I tried to get her out of the suit so we could enjoy the zoo, but she was insistent on staying in it together and we walked the entire thing in armor, chasing after our own kids and taking hundreds of photos.

IMO, this is a huge asset to Star Wars and attracting more girls to our nerdy world. Big thanks to Kevin for making this reality.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 3

The information is from Damian.

As far as what he means on the boots is not the chunky heels that most of the ladies went with. I suppose modified standard TK boots is what they are after, or something like Gio makes....

On 10/23/2014 at 1:11 AM, bzb said:

Is this information verified?

I don't really understand why the original, statue-based backplate isn't good enough for 501st Basic.

I certainly would like official word on that stance, considering FX helmets are still allowed for basic 501st.

And as far as "sensible boots" go... going to need that to be a little more defined. Otherwise, my wife is trying to convince me that these Louboutins are "sensible". Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Pardon, I think I am lost, where in the CRL say "sensitive" boots? I have this to make the Jess Boots:

Boots

For 501st approval:

Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.

Thick sole with lifted heel.

No buckles or laces.

For level two certification (if applicable):

For level three certification (if applicable): 

There shall be no seam on the front of the boot.

There shall be a raised strip down the front of the boot.

There shall be a raised strip surrounding the heel of the boot.

Gio

Gio, I believ they are talking about high heels on the boots. Yours are correct because yours do not have a tall high heel.

Edited by neoakaj
  • Like 1

FYI, it seems the TD needs to be 100% white.

What is this nonsense? And When are they going to tell me?

I submitted Stacey's gear in JULY!

What is this nonsense? And When are they going to tell me?

I submitted Stacey's gear in JULY!

Damian posted about it yesterday night. 

Quoteth the LMO:

The proper detonator is all-white with two end caps. 

It also has a narrow band at each of the ends, and a small rectangular plate attached to the middle top of the tube.

-Eric

Just Curious:

Is there by chance a place that we can track this discussion their having as well? Or is it only for the Council (or Officers or Staff or something) to see?

:)

Thanks!

- Berban

We need some clarification on what the "narrow band" is referring to on the TD. Apparently Shannon's is correct... but all it is, is the original tube with the stock end caps and control plate.

Just Curious:

Is there by chance a place that we can track this discussion their having as well? Or is it only for the Council (or Officers or Staff or something) to see?

:)

Thanks!

- Berban

It's in the GML area but trust me...  there isn't much of a discussion. 

-Eric

After pouring over the comic pages, I decided to go with the standard black tube stripes from Trooperbay.

http://trooperbay.com/standard-tube-stripes/

After these arrive, just gotta mount the new backplate and Shannon should be good to go!