Jes Gistang - research thread

I read and got confirmed the same thing from a few weeks ago.

The biggest problem is the backplate changes each time it is seen. There is 1 super clear shot of the backplate in the comic, but other then that, there is only the statue for a clear shot. So the question is do you pick one vs the other.

I keep hoping I will see something on the legion forums, like a public vote or something.

Edited by Dday
  • Like 1

Is it a matter of this being the appropriate place for this CRL?  Should it be with the EU folks instead?  I know over at SLD, they only really take care of the movie Sith...

Is it a matter of this being the appropriate place for this CRL?  Should it be with the EU folks instead?  I know over at SLD, they only really take care of the movie Sith...

We tend to be the caretakers of the white EU stormtrooper-esque costumes. We have more resources than most detachments to do so. FISD certainly has the largest body of experts. 

-Eric

I don't think the problem is which detachment it should go to.

My guess is it will fall within the FISD, since it is a stormtrooper, just a legacy one.

• Like 1

Gotcha.

So really, the hold up is some folks worried about the back plate details?  That kind of nitpicking seems inconsistent, considering we allow FX armor to be approved.

1. Closed like clone armor with plastic tabs and a strap

2. Havent begun on the belt yet

2. He comes and goes sometimes. Give him some time and try writing him again in a week or two ;)

Can you detail #1 a little more?  I'm not familiar enough with clones to have any idea on that method and have been digging a little too much on this... I figure you probably have a link stashed :)

I don't think the problem is which detachment it should go to.

My guess is it will fall within the FISD, since it is a stormtrooper, just a legacy one.

Correct, that's typically been the split for FISD vs. SpecOps.  We keep the white armor based TK's...

Will be re-submitting for 501st new costume approval this afternoon...

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2014 at 10:40 PM, TK6682 said:

Will be re-submitting for 501st new costume approval this afternoon...

------------

Michael, can we get some detailed shots of the helmet? I haven't seen one fully finished yet.

Thanks!

On 9/11/2014 at 10:42 AM, TK6682 said:

Here is a video of the gals messing around in armor.

Some will like it. Most will hate it.

-----------

Annnnd, another question!

Velcro on belt to torso?  The belt seems to stay in place pretty well with all the wigglin...

Need a little advice here.  Do I reshape the entire edge of the butt to match up at the point where it meets the ab plate?

454B3BE4-8F05-4A3D-9E65-3FD5A4C12A98_zps3856d4ca.jpg.791a0aa067890ba85c05e2c2a78ae7ca.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I used elastic on the butt/kidney connection so once the girls got in it it stretched to the appropriate location. That being said, some of it is covered by the belt.

Edited by TK6682

Thanks Michael - so you just left the butt plate as-is without really trimming/reshaping it?  

I guess I can just take off the return edge where it may be overlapped...

I had the same question, and a few pages back, you will see Kev advised against cutting anymore of the butt plate. So just leave it as it is and let it overlap the torso on the outside ;)

• Like 1

Appreciate it.  Yeah, I had to go back a few pages, need more angles or something, maybe!  After watching Michael's video again (creeper alert!  annnnnd this thread takes a turn)  I decided to straighten the butt plate edge somewhat.  I think I got it, but I may still remove the return edge at the corner.

Wife wouldn't let me take pics of her butt last night :(  But she's happy with the fit - and getting quite excited that it's starting to come together without tape!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed