Jes Gistang - research thread

I'm a big dummy - once we put the ab piece in place, the thighs made more sense as to where they should be located, and fit just fine.  Masking taped her up, and it's fitting really well.  So far everything has been cut directly on the indentations and fits beautifully.  

The arms are probably going to need to be trimmed down considerably, though.  I saw photos of one lady who had an almost-completed Jes Gistang at DragonCon.  My guess is the armor was assembled only on cut lines and not shaped to her tiny body... it was ill fitting and did not look "right".  My wife is going to be pretty annoyed at all the test fittings by the end of the week, I'm sure :)

I'm a big dummy - once we put the ab piece in place, the thighs made more sense as to where they should be located, and fit just fine.  Masking taped her up, and it's fitting really well.  So far everything has been cut directly on the indentations and fits beautifully.  

The arms are probably going to need to be trimmed down considerably, though.  I saw photos of one lady who had an almost-completed Jes Gistang at DragonCon.  My guess is the armor was assembled only on cut lines and not shaped to her tiny body... it was ill fitting and did not look "right".  My wife is going to be pretty annoyed at all the test fittings by the end of the week, I'm sure :)

She will get over it once she sees the finished product! Like a custom made dress, it can take a few fittings to get it just right!

-------------

Here's the photo I was referencing from DragonCon.  The torso looks like it fits well but the limbs look like they were rushed and are a little big.  My worry is that the forearms are going to do the same thing on Shannon... is it just a matter of trimming the wrist back and then heat bending a new return?  Or just leave them trimmed without a return like a TK?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Her belt is wrong and her knees are attached wrong and the shins don't fit because they are trimmed wrong.

However, when just looking at the forearms, the upper end is supposed to be extra long, and stick out beyond the elbows like a weaponized vambrace. I would say if you absolutely want to trip the forearms, how you describe should work.

Comparing the above to Stacy's submission photo... there seems to be a marked difference.  Maybe hands on the hips do that to the elbows?  Not sure.

I would really like to see some video of these ladies moving around so I can see how this armor moves in comparison to my TK.

Comparing the above to Stacy's submission photo... there seems to be a marked difference.  Maybe hands on the hips do that to the elbows?  Not sure.

I would really like to see some video of these ladies moving around so I can see how this armor moves in comparison to my TK.

My wife have already been dancing around in her armor, and it looks right. Will try and see if I can convince her I need to make a video of her dancing, so I can show you ;)

• Like 1

Here is a video of the gals messing around in armor.

Some will like it. Most will hate it.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

You made another butt plate for them?  :laugh1:

I'm giving Shannon plenty of armor "kisses"... just about ready to strap the torso together after some sanding and one last test fitting!  :smiley-sw013:

Did you all glue in the elastics on the torso, or use snaps?  My TK is a combo of the original strapping method (wire brackets + elastic) and snapped elastics to help pull other areas tight.

You made another butt plate for them?  :laugh1:

I'm giving Shannon plenty of armor "kisses"... just about ready to strap the torso together after some sanding and one last test fitting!  :smiley-sw013:

Did you all glue in the elastics on the torso, or use snaps?  My TK is a combo of the original strapping method (wire brackets + elastic) and snapped elastics to help pull other areas tight.

The butt plate they are using is the one used in the original Fem Trooper armors I'm pretty sure.

Three questions:

1. Chest to Back - I see in Kev's instructions to do Velcro, but would elastic/snaps be a better choice for movement?

2. Belt - attached together via Velcro?  Or elastic on one side, Velcro on other?

3. Anyone heard from Gio lately?  I've sent him multiple messages...

1. Closed like clone armor with plastic tabs and a strap

2. Havent begun on the belt yet

2. He comes and goes sometimes. Give him some time and try writing him again in a week or two ;)