Jes Gistang - research thread

I just want to give a brief description of how the Fem Trooper Armor assembles compared to other similar types of armor.

The assembly is a mix of TK (stormtrooper), Movie Clone, Animated Clone and RMQ.

Tools: Pencil, Carpenters knife, Belt Sander, Sandpaper, Dremel, Zap-A-Gap CA glue and Spray Kicker. (Wear gloves when using the CA glue)

Lower Legs like RMQ (Glue in the front inner shin shim & clam-shell in the back)

Thighs like my Animated Clone (with the side connection flanges on the back of half of the thighs for easy assembly) (A Connection Flange is where you can apply the glue and over lap the corresponding part to make a seamless look without having to cut each end to a but joint and use a separate strip of plastic and glue it on the inside between the two halves.)

Mid section similar to a TK:

Butt to Kidney - 4 black 2inch elastic straps glued the butt and kidney together.

Ab to Kidney - Split Rivets with straps on the top & bottom left side & split rivet with strap top and bottom on the kidney with snaps on the right side ) No crotch strap!

Chest & Back (under the arms is like a move clone held closed with velcro and top bottom slightly rounder corners) Upper shoulder straps like TK glued to the front chest and hang over the back. Black strap inside with snaps holding them together.

Shoulder bells held on like TK

Biceps assemble like Movie Clone (the cut ends but together and use an extra strip of plastic on the inside to glue the two halves together, to make it look seamless all the way around.

Forearms- The outside wide simi-flat edge, over laps and glues together. (Over lap the inside over the out side so that the cut edge is less noticeable. Mirror this for each arm. The inner seam need to assemble like the Movie Clone with a but seam to look seamless with an extra strip of plastic glued on the inside.

Main belt is vac-formed- belt box connectors are screwed to main belt and belt boxes are then glued onto the connectors.

T/D is bolted to the Kidney just above the belt boxes.

Large side boxes are held on with bent metal clips and hang over the cut seam on the sides of the Vac-formed main belt.

Knees - 1inch white elastic is glued to the inside of the thighs, a slit is cut into the thighs, the elastic is pulled through and snaps to the inside of the knees.

4 side knee strap coves are glued over the cut slit at an angle allowing the white elastic to hang out from the larger flat area. (cut a notch there first)

Kevin W.

www.imperialsurplus.com

Edited by kwdesigns

Giovanni beat me to it... haa haa.. I was going to tell you that I'm the same size as your wife and to look at post #218 and #223.  :)  I'm getting some custom boots from him.

Awesome!

That's gonna help a TON Kev!!

Only bad thing is the boots ONLY go to a size 8... And my wife is a 8.5/9. DOH!!!!

- Berbs

Lol! Just realized the difference between UK and US sizing... They have a chart... I'll show my wife both boots and let her make the final call... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is femtrooper even something that should have it's own designation, shouldn't it be legacy TK?  What I mean from the legacy comics, the armor she wears is no different from the rest of the Joker squad soldiers.  The males and females wear the same designed armor, even the action figure for her, the armor matches pretty much to that of the males. 

Only with the GG statue did they alter the armor to be feminine in look.  Is there any other sources that it's actually a female armor besides a statue?  Cause going through the comics, action figure, and concept arts, it all looks uniform amongst male/female.

On 7/22/2014 at 2:53 AM, kwdesigns said:

Fem Trooper Model: Stacey Bender (Tk-6683)

Photo by: Mark Edwards

with Kevin Weir (KW Designs) & Michael Bender (Tk SixSix EightTwo)

First look.....

------------

Kevin W.

It's more than amazing to see this brought to life after all this time. Your talents are beyond a doubt, phenomenal. Well done Kev :salute:

Congratulations Jason!  Nothing more exciting than seeing the UPS driver bringing a box of new armor up the driveway.  I wanted to run out and help him bring it in, but thought I'd contain myself and let the nice man do his job.

I was at work when it arrived, so Val, who its for, grabbed it from the delivery guy. I couldn't believe she containted herself from ripping it open till I got home. Everything looks like it will fit her, she pushes the limit on the size, except the knee side of the thigh. Its very close, but I think I can trim off a 1/8 off the return edge and have it still look right and be able to fit her. No worries about that though, its a beautiful kit and we are happy to have it!

---------

It's here!!

It was very difficult to keep it a secret from Renee, but I succeeded, and she was home when the UPS truck pulled up and she's extremely excited!!

She's the love of my life, and like I said earlier:

One day, we'll be taking pics like this with us BOTH in armor!!
Thanks!! To all that are contributing!! Thank you!!

- Berban

- Berbs

On 7/26/2014 at 1:57 PM, Berbs42 said:

------------

It's here!!

It was very difficult to keep it a secret from Renee, but I succeeded, and she was home when the UPS truck pulled up and she's extremely excited!!

She's the love of my life, and like I said earlier:

- Berbs

You, sir, are an absolute genius.  Let us review:

1) You managed to keep this a secret

2) You correctly referred to the special woman in your life as the "love of your life"

3) You purchased her armor as an expression of the love between you

All signs of genius.

Well done.

Looking forward to seeing you both in armor!

• Like 1

I imagine its the same shirt that Kev have posted on his Facebook page ;)
Clones are cooler on the front and "something sexier" on the back...

I imagine its the same shirt that Kev have posted on his Facebook page ;)

Clones are cooler on the front and "something sexier" on the back...

I think the word you're looking for is "hotter" 

-Eric

Incredible! Man, I wish I was there. Hope to see these ladies at Celebration. Are they all 501st, or going to be 501st?

Incredible! Man, I wish I was there. Hope to see these ladies at Celebration. Are they all 501st, or going to be 501st?

I hope will be 501st. approved, there are a lot of Jess's info, sources and visual references, earlier in 2011 in this thread the possible CRL was discussed.

Gio