RT-MOD Armor History

TK-4510

• 2 months later...

I am in the same boat as you guys (6' 2", 235 & athletic build). After reading and reading and looking at armor pics, I am also on the waiting list for one of Robs RT-MOD kits.  He was extremely helpful in providing information and did not take very long to get back to me.  The only bummer is he said it is looking like early to mid 2017 for delivery!  Apparently business is good.  I guess I will use the long wait time to  gather the necessary materials for putting the armor together and maybe build an E-11 blaster....time is on my side.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got on the wait-wait list in April of last year and I took delivery Feb of this year. Worth the wait. My armour is almost done, Rob is great to deal with, and it's a blast putting it together. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

For those of you who have RT-MOD's kits: What's the real story on the optimal sized person for this kit? I'm tall (6'4"), with average/athletic build (237 lbs), with thicker thighs but fairly well proportioned frame (size 44 long sport jacket). I get that this armor will should likely give the length I'd want but will I be swimming in the waist/chest pieces? Am I better off with a different kit?

At 6'2" and about 225-230, with an athletic build (Career Soldier) the armor fits me like it was sculpted to me.  I wear a 46L sport jacket, for common reference.  Depending on your waist size, it may fit properly, may be a little large, but you'll be able to trim the abdomen parts down if necessary.  However, unless it's really large, you should be fine out of the box.

Darth Aloha also wears an RT Mod kit, and he is 6'5".  That's probably about as tall a person as the armor will fit without much modification, and without too much black showing.

I am in the same boat as you guys (6' 2", 235 & athletic build). After reading and reading and looking at armor pics, I am also on the waiting list for one of Robs RT-MOD kits.  He was extremely helpful in providing information and did not take very long to get back to me.  The only bummer is he said it is looking like early to mid 2017 for delivery!  Apparently business is good.  I guess I will use the long wait time to  gather the necessary materials for putting the armor together and maybe build an E-11 blaster....time is on my side.

Ben, that is pretty much the exact same route that I took.  Both of my build threads are in my signature below, for reference.  Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Hi all...new trooper here...just starting. After much research...I think with my 6'2 frame...Rob's armor is my best option. I do have a question, however.<br><br>

I am around 170-180 lbs / thin frame. I am curious as to what mods need to be made to "reduce down bulkiness" being so thin. And if so...do I run the risk of becoming approval ineligible if I have to mod it too much? I am learning as I go...and am not afraid to tackle projects...I just want to be sure I am not sacrificing height fit vs. Body-style fit.<br><br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!<br><br>

Many Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RT-Mod is fantastic.  My second suit (when my first finally bites the dust) will be (hopefully) an RT-Mod.  It was my first choice originally, but then long story short, it didn't work out and I snagged an extra AM 2.0, which I'm also very happy with.  But a friend's got an RT-Mod and it's still my top choice.  

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, jimbotron said:

Where is this RT-mod list?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are you just referring to how you get on RTs armor list?  Or is there another list you are looking for?  

To get on his list you will have to email him at the email that’s posted a couple of posts above. I’m not entirely sure what his wait time is currently. 

Are you just referring to how you get on RTs armor list?  Or is there another list you are looking for?  

To get on his list you will have to email him at the email that’s posted a couple of posts above. I’m not entirely sure what his wait time is currently. 
I thought there was a separate list because I already contacted that email and don't seem to get very much reply so how do I know if I'm even on the list

The only way i can say if you are on the list, is if Rob has confirmed you are. Have you made a downpayment?  Payment?
No I'm pretty sure I'm not on the list I was contacting for replacement parts and then said I would probably just get the whole thing since that was challenged to get anyone to reply now I need to figure out how to get these parts or I get on some list from whole new set of armor. It's been almost a year since I've owned my armor that is not yet approved because a few parts are too small and you know how frustrating it can get.

So do you currently own a RT?  Or do you own a different kit but certain pieces are too small and you want to replace them with RT parts?
I own a different set of armor that just doesn't fit my body right so I need bigger. I was looking for Replacements but now I've considered just getting a whole new set and this is one of the recommended sets. how do I find the information. I looked in the past comments and the website listed doesn't give me a valid link?

Rob only builds kits part time. It might take a bit for him to respond. How long since you emailed him?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I had conversation with rtmodpanda@gmail.com who copied the email listed above in July (16-18). Then I think it was just with rtmodpanda@gmail.com after that. July 20, Aug 24, Sep 30....all no response. Are these two emails not connected? Please just get me in the right direction so I can get the proper information and possibly get on the right list if parts are not available. I have a feeling a new set is probably the route I will take anyway.

Thanks For all your feedback guys. Just frustrated here,

• 1 month later...

My chest and back...I've decided I may just want a whole new set but can't figure out how to get any details and pricing for the rt mod set. How do I get this info so I can get on some list wherever that may be too....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk