RT-MOD Armor History

TK-4510

In my research for my build I decided to go with Rob's work, when I contacted him he was patient and courteous and to the point. I ended up ordering a torso set-up for my build and seeing all these great posts and reviews about him is making me anxious to wait for my order. He seems to truly be a great guy, I hope he's still here when my son is old enough to troop!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on Rob's wait list since late August.

Truly excited about the eventual arrival of the big brown box.  It is a pretty serious wait, but from everything that I've seen and read here at FISD and elsewhere online, combined with my dealings with Rob so far it will all be worth it when the time comes. 

Thanks to Rob for all that he does for TKs and (I imagine) TDs everywhere.  Thanks to all of his other customers and reviewers here at FISD for helping me to understand that he is the right armor maker for me.

Come on, 2014!  ;)

Edited by Dark CMF

• 3 months later...

I spent almost 3 years researching armor and I finally pulled the blaster trigger and went on Rob's wait list tonight. Thank you Rob and everybody here for posting such detailed and helpful information!

Edited by Izzy

I took the plunge last night as well and got on Rob's waiting list. Thank you Rob for providing such a great service to the community! I would also like to join Damon in thanking the members of whitearmor.net as well. All of the available information made it easy for me to pick the armor that is right for me. I can't wait to sign up for the 501st and start trooping for great causes!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rob will get back to you, usually about a weeks time, due to his day job, but he will. I am on his waitlist, with an ETA of October, but all the reasearch I've done the past 3 years, it's worth the wait!

• 1 month later...

I am to the point of tears right now. I'm currently saving up the funds for armor and I'm reading all these great stories that I'm just jealous of everyone that they get to play in their armor. Can't wait to place my order with Rob and join the ranks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I suspect, since it is January, that he will tell you that the list for 2015 is full and that you are welcome to stay in touch with him to be put on the list for 2016.

That is just my speculation. You might wind up with a more exciting and positive response though.

The kit is definitely worth the wait.

EDIT: I'm lost, clearly, it is February.

Edited by Dark CMF

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys are gonna love it! Rob is a fantastic guy. I've trooped mine for a little over a year now and it's held up great. The wait doesn't seem that long,maybe I'll grab another for a commander.hmmm

For those of you who have RT-MOD's kits: What's the real story on the optimal sized person for this kit? I'm tall (6'4"), with average/athletic build (237 lbs), with thicker thighs but fairly well proportioned frame (size 44 long sport jacket). I get that this armor will should likely give the length I'd want but will I be swimming in the waist/chest pieces? Am I better off with a different kit?

• Like 1

Both my TK and TD are from RT-MOD.  I am just shy of 6ft and weigh about 218 LBS.  I squat\deadlift and I need to trim the thighs to get them to fit.  Mostly everything elase fit me without having to trim but, I left extra room in the armor so I could layer clothing for cold events.  I can fit in my armor with a Lycra Wetsuit layered with underarmor type cold gear.  The COD piece I need to trim.  It overlaps pretty high under the AB piece.  You will probably not have to do this with your height.  If you have instagram, look up TK7186 and you can see photos of how the suit looks on me.

Both my TK and TD are from RT-MOD. I am just shy of 6ft and weigh about 218 LBS. I squat\deadlift and I need to trim the thighs to get them to fit. Mostly everything elase fit me without having to trim but, I left extra room in the armor so I could layer clothing for cold events. I can fit in my armor with a Lycra Wetsuit layered with underarmor type cold gear. The COD piece I need to trim. It overlaps pretty high under the AB piece. You will probably not have to do this with your height. If you have instagram, look up TK7186 and you can see photos of how the suit looks on me.<br><br>

This is most helpful, thank you! I'm on RT's wait list, scheduled for fourth quarter 2016. So I've got some time to think about how best to make this thing fit. ;-)