Bucket Vent

Hey guys, i will be starting my tk build soon. But I am starting to stock pile a list of tuts, forum posts and pretty much anything I can find to help me out. I like in QLD in Australia, and it gets hot (Even hotter in the cons as they dont seem to have any functioning a/c). Someguys have said they have a vent in the top of there bucket so they have a fan blowing the face and a fan sucking from the back. Any idea on how this would work and where it would be placed?

Hey guys, i will be starting my tk build soon. But I am starting to stock pile a list of tuts, forum posts and pretty much anything I can find to help me out. I like in QLD in Australia, and it gets hot (Even hotter in the cons as they dont seem to have any functioning a/c). Someguys have said they have a vent in the top of there bucket so they have a fan blowing the face and a fan sucking from the back. Any idea on how this would work and where it would be placed?

I read somewhere on here about someone cutting out the back vents where the vertical black lines go, and putting fans on them.

...and dont seal the eye lenses , but to be honest this is the sort of thing you have to try ..your lid might not steam up ... why jump to conclusions ?

I troop in Hawaii, and it does get warm and muggy. I use a regular FX helemt for routine trooping, and have an AP on the way for detailed look :) I did just like above, and cut the black lines with my dremel, then have an exhaust fan pushing air out of it.

I use fans to simply avoid the lens fogging when I am doing indoor air conditioned trooping, outdoors I have no problem here in South Florida but I don't worry about the bucket being cool lol. I don't think that is really possible unless you install some air conditioning :lol: