Centurion Requirements : ESB Discussion

Daetrin

OK troops! This thread is to discuss the proposed Centurion standards for ESB. You can find them at

http://www.whitearmor.net/home/crl-overview/crl-esb.html

I've updated this based on the recently passed ANH Stunt requirements here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/home/crl-overview/crl-anh-stunt.html

Some of the questions that seem to be are still open are:

1. Helmet

Are there good reference shots of what the "hero" or six tooth helmet looks like, and should it be OK for Centurion?

2. Gloves

a. Should silk gloves be allowed for EI & Centurion?

b. Should having the hand plates be sewn on be mandatory for Centurion?

All other armor details match the ANH stunt for now, excepting the holster placement/attachment.

I think that sewn hand plates must be mandatory for the "stunt" configuration. And no rubber gloves, ESB should have fabric gloves.

Edited by v7sg

my ESB eib has 6 teeth, silk gloves with sewn on details. flat lenses...

I think silk with sewn fits the promo shot best, and they should be centurion status elements sure!

also having an E-11 with an m19 or the greeblie stunt version might be a may have alternative to the

e-11 with an m38/m40, as well the london prop store version with the m19 would be

a great "may have"

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I thi nk hero or stunt helmet choice should be there.

Also on gloves - rubber gloves should have hand plates on elastic over the palm..

Silk gloves with hand plates sewn on..

Both should be an option.

Mark, do you have any ESB screen caps or other ESB materials showing stormtroopers wearing rubber gloves as you describe? Not saying that they don't exist, but honestly this is the first time I've heard of it.

Pending that, I agree with Christian - fabric gloves with sewn-on handplates at the five pairs of attach points around the perimeter of the handplate. Note that I said fabric - not specifically silk. As Troopermaster put it, silk is an assumption as opposed to a verified fact, and satin would provide the same sheen as silk. As long as they are plain black gloves (no visible lettering, straps, etc.) it ought to fit the bill.

Also, should Nomex gloves qualify? And do we specify that the gloves must be short?

Here are you classic sewn on hand plates..

ESB-TK-38.jpg.2dfd34fd9552ccde132adc97b58a4d5e.jpg

Hand plates without holes..

ESB-TK-24.jpg.7bac95617a37c1c7755f50fc712ddde0.jpg

ESB-TK-21.jpg.9ac63d8f9a51697296c00aafb6b477c3.jpg

And if you look cloesely at the trooper to the right of Han, you can see the gloves are rubber, not fabric..

c0ee4688-Copy.jpg.ea187cc3ceab4380449b31ed4404ec66.jpg

gallery_14191_5_133734.jpg

Cool - thanks for clearing that up. So it looks like we have at least 3 options for gloves, with the common thread being snowtrooper-style handplates.

Cool - thanks for clearing that up. So it looks like we have at least 3 options for gloves, with the common thread being snowtrooper-style handplates.

I thought it was two:

* If rubber (or rubber like) gloves are worn, the hand plates will be affixed via an elastic strip over the palm.

* If silk (or similar material) gloves are worn, the hand plates should be sewn on at five points equally spread out with 2 on the sides and 1 in the middle front.

Thanks for the pointers Mark - we can always count on you to be the resident ESB Expert :salute:

I've updated the requirements page to reflect the above - please lmk about that 3rd option and I'll update again if need be.

I think the most important aspect of the glove configuration is that it looks correct on the outside.

For example, I have silk gloves but I do not have the hand plates sewn to the gloves because it's a little impractical. Instead I have them connected to elastic which is wrapped around my hand.

I do however have holes in the hand plates with thread sewn in the holes to simulate the stitching.

I'd like holes and visible stitching to be compulsary but not necessarily functional. It's a bit like the rivets/brads on the armour. They should be visible on the outside but don't necessarily have to be a functional part of the strapping.

I thought it was two:

* If rubber (or rubber like) gloves are worn, the hand plates will be affixed via an elastic strip over the palm.

* If silk (or similar material) gloves are worn, the hand plates should be sewn on at five points equally spread out with 2 on the sides and 1 in the middle front.

Thanks for the pointers Mark - we can always count on you to be the resident ESB Expert :salute:

I've updated the requirements page to reflect the above - please lmk about that 3rd option and I'll update again if need be.

Seconded :duim:

I think the most important aspect of the glove configuration is that it looks correct on the outside.

For example, I have silk gloves but I do not have the hand plates sewn to the gloves because it's a little impractical. Instead I have them connected to elastic which is wrapped around my hand.

I do however have holes in the hand plates with thread sewn in the holes to simulate the stitching.

I'd like holes and visible stitching to be compulsary but not necessarily functional. It's a bit like the rivets/brads on the armour. They should be visible on the outside but don't necessarily have to be a functional part of the strapping.

Excellent point - should we just specify that the holes need to be cut out but not necessarily functional?

I would say..

* If rubber gloves are worn, the hand plates will be affixed via an elastic strap over the palm.

* If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates will have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, at five points equally spread out with 2 on the sides and 1 in the middle front.

I would say..

* If rubber gloves are worn, the hand plates will be affixed via an elastic strap over the palm.

* If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates will have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, at five points equally spread out with 2 on the sides and 1 in the middle front.

Update made. :salute: