flamethrower speed build

i cranked this one out in an afternoon, i needed a new one fast for an event Friday :blink: i just went crazy with the glue gun and threw a ton of greeblies on.. its got parts from a laptop, PlayStation, xerox machine.. and air conditioner

qrRFecA.jpg

VViMBrK.jpg

Urnp9o1.jpg

h10yvQS.jpg

nThl7Ri.jpg

DLZmlYE.jpg

mLvxcGe.jpg

it has super lound sound, lights, a laser pointer/spotlight and illuminated scope..... but i pretty near destroyed my workshop in the process :P i miss my old one, but this one will do for now :P

normally i use airsoft but i didnt have time to order one, so i used some no name space pistol from Kmart :P it was the only one that had a grown up size handle :lol: (only the handle/trigger section) the stock and barrel are all scratchbuilt, then about 100 glue-sticks later i had a flamethrower

Looks great! I hope to start on mine this weekend. I hope you don't mind if I use some pics of all your flamethrower builds for ideas and reference. If you don't mind me asking, what do you use as the "tube"? What I saw at Lowe's was some pretty thick PVC, and it has me worried about weight.

Edited by Wiggleplum

Looks great! I hope to start on mine this weekend. I hope you don't mind if I use some pics of all your flamethrower builds for ideas and reference. If you don't mind me asking, what do you use as the "tube"? What I saw at Lowe's was some pretty thick PVC, and it has me worried about weight.

I am pretty sure Mason used a 4" THIN walled pvc tube. You don't want the regular PVC as it is too thick and heavy.

Ask someone for the thin walled stuff. You may have to buy a 10 or 12 ft section though.

I am pretty sure Mason used a 4" THIN walled pvc tube. You don't want the regular PVC as it is too thick and heavy.

Ask someone for the thin walled stuff. You may have to buy a 10 or 12 ft section though.

i used 3" thin walled PVC, but the thick stuff looks better IMO and you cut away about half the bulk.. but it requires a more heavy duty base weapon

You should do this for a living Mason - that's pretty intense and the details really make it pop! Hope you have a great time at your troop :)

• 1 year later...

normally i use airsoft but i didnt have time to order one, so i used some no name space pistol from Kmart tongue.gif it was the only one that had a grown up size handle laugh.gif (only the handle/trigger section) the stock and barrel are all scratchbuilt, then about 100 glue-sticks later i had a flamethrower

Which model Airsoft do you use? I looked at their web site and there are literally 25 pages of similar looking weapons.

I believe Mason is still engaged in some personal issues that prevent him from currently frequenting these boards. (someone please correct me if I am wrong here) However, there may be some threads explaining this in better detail. Especially check the Incinerator section. BTW, I am originally from Ocala, welcome to the FISD fellow Floridian. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...