Latex drop boxes

My thought would be to cast the elastic strip within the box. That way theres no way its comin off!

@Matt..thats what i meant polycarbonite...or Plastoid if i remember correctly :lol:

I like the idea of the foam filled boxes as well. That way the look is still accurate and the sound would be toned down. Not a bad idea.:)

hmm.... how bout that. all i ever knew was he was looking into being able to do it or w/e... then nothing, but then again i did disappear from the boards for a while. lol. :P

I thought this was common knowledge: There were NO rivets at all used on ANH armor ;) (like kneeplate, torso, TD)

Funny that even in that exact archive pic of yours, rivets are clearly visible on the belt (well, not on those specific drop box elastics, but still...). No rivets at all for ANH armor, huh?

I also wonder how those rivets found their way into all those ANH helmets! ;)

But yeah, touché, Karin.

Here's a pic of something looking very much like a rivet holding the elastic to the drop box (at least not only glue on this):

5599573485_afbac91081_b.jpg

Could it be possible that the method of attachement varied between suits? :P

Also, I noticed the belt Karin shows from the archive is a hero belt with 4 rivets for the holster rather than two.

Touché aswel, Dennis :)

I want to specify: NO pop rivets on ANH original armor (helmet s a differnt story). Maybe the belt

Of course, there seem to be pop rivets as "on set" repairs, like the metal brackets

but with 50 suits, there are countless variations. I guess we're all right :)

having a latex drop box would be a bad idea... the silicone or latex is not strong enough to take the abuse that a drop box

has to take.

I have karin's wonderful handguards, but even those are not a strong material. my left glove's wrist tore about 1/4"

from one day of trooping for 3.5 hours. not that I'm complaining... but it will have to be glued again.

the best way to handle the noise when dealing with drop boxes would be to listen closely to the original release

of episode 4. you can hear the ABS clinking and popping as troopers walk.

I would do it like mason suggests, inner drop boxes, and foam to keep the sound down.

you should attach your drops with white webbing, and keep them close to the belt!

Well, Mr. Smartypants: The LFL archive pics and I have to disagree

Belt_01.jpg

I thought this was common knowledge: There were NO rivets at all used on ANH armor ;) (like kneeplate, torso, TD)

As for the all latex armor: I'm working on that :)

in that photo you can see clearly the rivet in the center of the belt. there were 3 rivets used on the belt and 2 snaps.

there were rivets used to assemble the helmet cheeks, and I have a photo here of the Sci-man armor with a rivet on the

thigh power cell.