acronyms?

ctankep

Ok, seriously, that's it! :D

No more pretending...

What does the acronym "TK" stand for? I mean, sure it's stormtroopers but T and K, does it have a meaning?

Also wondering about "SE" and "HWT", both mentioned in THIS Thread...

Hey, while i'm embarrasing myself i can go ahead and ask about every other acronym used to id different troopers! tell me :D

I am guessing:

TD = Trooper Desert

TS = Trooper Snow

TB = Trooper Batman :D

Thanks for the help.

/Varg

According to Google:

TK stands for Teras Kasi. The number is the serial number for the Stromtrooper. By giving them a number designation it basically removed the "humanness" of the Stromtrooper and made it easier for them to rationalize the evil that they did.

Sounds very nerdy EU to me though! :D

HWT stands for "Heavy Weapons Trooper" something already mentioned in the title of that forum. ;)

SE usually stands for "Special Edition" - the remade original trilogy (OT) released back in 1997

TK is NOT Teras Kasi! :angry: (That Jedi Dude is an a**hole)

It means nothing. It comes from the TK-421 designation in the film, which was probably randomly selected by Lucas (as THX 1138).

TB= Trooper Biker

HWT= Heavy Weapons Trooper (as mentioned)

HWT stands for "Heavy Weapons Trooper" something already mentioned in the title of that forum. ;)

SE usually stands for "Special Edition" - the remade original trilogy (OT) released back in 1997

My god... special edition indeed. : (((((((((((((((((

UCAH is more closely describing my feelings for the SE of A New Hope (Unforgivable Crime Against Humanity) :D

TK is NOT Teras Kasi! :angry: (That Jedi Dude is an a**hole)

It means nothing. It comes from the TK-421 designation in the film, which was probably randomly selected by Lucas (as THX 1138).

TB= Trooper Biker

HWT= Heavy Weapons Trooper (as mentioned)

Funny you mention that, because I was flipping thru my old Star Wars novel the other day and in the novelization it was THX-1183 and not TK-421!

On 3/30/2011 at 9:06 PM, DarthVeach said:

Funny you mention that, because I was flipping thru my old Star Wars novel the other day and in the novelization it was THX-1183 and not TK-421!

Yes, the THX 1138 name was a homage to Lucas first film in the novel.

TK-421 was also known as TX-421 in the radio drama.

Also, when you think about it, in the film the trooper is referred as "Tee-Kay-421", but as the empire uses Aurebesh it should better be "Trill-Krill-421".

But, it's not important really.

TK is just a random acronym. It was funny, so it was used for the 501st. And then expanded for other designations.

Edit: two funny TK-421 pics.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Here's a list of common acronyms.

And here's a whole discussion on this topic... B)

On 3/30/2011 at 9:17 PM, Dmian said:

Also, when you think about it, in the film the trooper is referred as "Tee-Kay-421", but as the empire uses Aurebesh it should better be "Trill-Krill-421".

Yes... but, "Trill-Krill" is pronounced "Tee-Kay" in basic — the spoken language.

Just like the western alphabet has different pronunciations for many letters... especially if you're talking to someone other than an American. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 3/30/2011 at 10:52 PM, Bluey said:

------------

Yes... but, "Trill-Krill" is pronounced "Tee-Kay" in basic — the spoken language.

Just like the western alphabet has different pronunciations for many letters... especially if you're talking to someone other than an American. :D

Thanks Noel!

I was looking for that thread, but I didn't find it, so I ended up repeating the whole thing... :P

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks Noel!

I was looking for that thread, but I didn't find it, so I ended up repeating the whole thing... :P

You bet!

I'm actually getting pretty good at finding things... that time it only took me like 15 minutes. :D