player?

there are a few ways you can do this.

1: find an existing device that plays a sound similar to what you want and remove the electronics. (the easy way :P)

2: a scrapbook recording chip is very inexpensive---------- these will work, but the chips have a low shelf-life and the sound quality is lacking. it is very simple to use and modify for direct input from a PC.

3: build a circuit using a APR9600 or APR9301 Record and playback IC (the hard way :P )

4: if the gun is large enough you can use a sony PSP with my custom software-------.. but this method will require changing the WAV files to what you want and modifying the PSP's firmware, and is the most costly and time consuming method

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

yes that is a 9301 based chip, should work fine. but i have seen the cheaper in kit form. also the 9600 chips allow for multiple sounds but are a bit larger in size. the trick is to get a good line out signal from your PC or audio device to get HQ sounds, this requires a small modification to the PCB, you must replace the microphone with a 1/8" or RCA audio line in jack

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any recommendations and circuit diagrams on components to purchase to make something that can make multiple sounds? Those systems listed are pretty awesome but I was wondering if there's something more affordable.

And I may be crazy for using the word "affordable" when it comes to SW costuming! :D

cant get any more affordable than the APR9600 IC-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 5/25/2011 at 10:17 PM, dashrazor said:

cant get any more affordable than the APR9600 IC------------

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Edited by gmrhodes13