Naatsirhc's ANH Blasterchop

naatsirhc

Well,

I have been out of the loop for awhile due to personal reasons( loss of our newborn ). But, now I am back and ready to go ANH. I like the new centurion program, but I am bummed that my blaster will not be acceptable. I think an extremely modded hasbro should be acceptable if it looks nearly spot on. I am doing this mod because I can and plan to be able to upgrade the electronics down the road. So here are some pics of my blaster at present

blasterchop.jpg

blasterchop1.jpg

blasterchop2.jpg

blasterchop3.jpg

blasterchop4.jpg

I started off with the idea to have the whole blaster split, but I have another idea that will work better. It will allow me to access the electronics and keep the integrity of the barrell. A few more shots of my progress.

blasterchop5.jpg

blasterchop6.jpg

blasterchop7.jpg

blasterchop8.jpg

That's all for now :D

loooking forward to watching this!

looks nice so far...

:popcorn:

Thanks Vern, I hope you enjoy it. I have enjoyed your many blaster builds!

popcorn.gif

:smiley-sw013:

Nice one!

Thank you!

I figured out how to seal my blaster so that the barrell will be seamless, while allowing me access to upgrade the sound board later. I will be using a small speaker that will be housed in the barrell and the sound will project more forward, this will be the only component sealed in.

The :0Lighten: went off and here are the pics

blasterchop10.jpg

blasterchop11.jpg

blasterchop12.jpg

blasterchop13.jpg

blasterchop14.jpg

blasterchop15.jpg

I tried to leave some support inside to maintain integrity. The inside has the support pieces coated in white epoxy. Some more shots

blasterchop16.jpg

blasterchop17.jpg

Lastly, a pick of the 5/8 wide extension piece for the barrell and the 5/8 Diameter pipe for the folding stock

blasterchop19.jpg

I am in the process of locating materials( speaker, leds, misc..) Once I have everything I can seal the barrell and bondo.

Here are some pics of my tools. I have machining experience and have found small endmills very useful. The thing that makes these mods easy is my band saw. It work great on plastics, wood and metal. The other important tool is the almighty exacto, for scoring.

blasterchop20.jpg

blasterchop21.jpg

blasterchop22.jpg

blasterchop23.jpg

The cutter head is a favorite, removes material nice and clean

blasterchop25.jpg

Hope to have more progress soon :ewok1:

My first blaster was ESB, and did not need a counter. I did not care for the doopy-doos, so I used it for scale and parts. I tried to make mine more accurate with the addition of prongs, which I will solder the cylinder wires to.

Prongs

blasterchop26.jpg

blasterchop27.jpg

blasterchop28.jpg

Just need to bondo and clean up, should turn out nice :D

The PICS

blasterchop29.jpg

blasterchop30.jpg

blasterchop31.jpg

blasterchop32.jpg

blasterchop33.jpg

blasterchop34.jpg

Here is my attempt at scratch building the power cylinders. With a cheap bolt pack from WalMart, a couple binding posts, some ABS and a 4pack of markers from the dollar store I completed this.

blasterchop35.jpg

blasterchop36.jpg

blasterchop37.jpg

blasterchop38.jpg

blasterchop39.jpg

blasterchop40.jpg

blasterchop41.jpg

Feedback is welcome B)

While working on my counter, I made the decision to fabricate all of my doopy-doos parts. This will allow me to do as many hasbro mods as I want with out ever needing another kit :D Here is my first try at building the magazine, I am happy so far. Need to go to ACE and get the set pin to attach to the back and it will be ready for clean up.

Interior shots of the prototype structure.

blasterchop42.jpg

blasterchop43.jpg

Fitting

blasterchop44.jpg

blasterchop45.jpg

blasterchop46.jpg

blasterchop47.jpg

Full mag fitting

blasterchop48.jpg

blasterchop49.jpg

blasterchop50.jpg

Parts side by side

blasterchop51.jpg

blasterchop52.jpg

blasterchop53.jpg

blasterchop54.jpg

blasterchop55.jpg

blasterchop56.jpg

Better get back to it! :dancing-trooper:

only thing I noticed was the hengstler face bolt should be a flathead countersunk 6/32 bolt, just like the ones used for

helmet ears!

very nice job of fabrication!

:popcorn:

B)

i am always floored by people with talent like yours. Any one can take a doopy-doos kits and slap it on, but wow...you are an artist! I applaud you!

Julie

Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated :D Congrats on your 501st status.

Nice Juno Eclipse, BTW.

Looking awesome Christiaan!

By the time your finished, it wont resemble a Hasbro blaster at all :dance:

You Know it Brother! :dancing-trooper:

Looking forward to seeing more progress mate!

Thanks, I have a small update below!

only thing I noticed was the hengstler face bolt should be a flathead countersunk 6/32 bolt, just like the ones used for

helmet ears!

very nice job of fabrication!

Thanks for the compliment! Thanks for the screw size, I have one that is close. The one in the pictures is for me to be able to handle the small part I cast. A big thank you to you for posting such nice photos of your real counter box, those are great to reference :salute:

Small Update!

I have been working on the folding stock and am nearly completed with the prototype. I have extended the length to account for the barrell extension and am working on the functionality. Here are the Pics

blasterchop57.jpg

blasterchop58.jpg

blasterchop59.jpg

blasterchop60.jpg

blasterchop61.jpg

This small part will eventually be what attaches the 2 parts together and allow movement

blasterchop63.jpg

blasterchop64.jpg

blasterchop62.jpg

This last shot is the of the side of the Mag which I had not completed earlier.

Hope to have another update soon ;)