Best time or temperature to paint?

Hi guys,

What would be your recommendation on the best time or temperature to paint?

I have to paint outside but there is snow outside here. The good sunshine days start only around May and the real hot days are in June and July around here.

I have to paint outside so going from experience what kind of temperature are you looking for....

thanks

Hi guys,

What would be your recommendation on the best time or temperature to paint?

I have to paint outside but there is snow outside here. The good sunshine days start only around May and the real hot days are in June and July around here.

I have to paint outside so going from experience what kind of temperature are you looking for....

thanks

Usually the paint you are using tells you the optimal temperature ranges. Read the can.

It was probably a bad idea, but since the winter is usually so harsh here I painted 3/4 of my kit in the spare room of my apartment. Drop cloths top to bottom with both windows open and floor fans in them. Turned out alright :laugh1: But yea, the can should tell you about temperature and humidity.

if it is really cold (below freezing) the paint can freeze on contact to the plastic creating a ugly speckled effect.. ideally i usually try to wait until it is around +35 degrees before painting anything with a large surface area. i also allow for extra dry times when painting in cold weather. 1-2 weeks :blink: i leave the painted parts outside in my garage for a few days just to allow the paint to partially dry before moving inside.. (this helps prevent condensation from forming on the newly painted surface) also be sure to do several very thin coats or you may run into problems ;)

Late spring should be best... unless it's humid there; that is the thing that will kill you more than anything — humidity.

But yes, the can should tell you.

Follow those directions as closely as possible.

Perfect conditions?

My house in the east mountains of Albuquerque, New Mexico about any time of year. :P

here it is odd some days are real humid and some are dry..i guess i will have to wait on the painting part...grrr....

i have bought krylon primer and krylon kakhi camo paint plus i have krylon white semi gloss and krylon white ivory...

i may have to wait until end of may to paint the helmet... boooooooo :(

here it is odd some days are real humid and some are dry..i guess i will have to wait on the painting part...grrr....

i have bought krylon primer and krylon kakhi camo paint plus i have krylon white semi gloss and krylon white ivory...

i may have to wait until end of may to paint the helmet... boooooooo :(

Be careful painting on humid days. The paint picks up the moisture in the air and can really mess up a paint job!

Better to wait for "ideal" painting conditions.

Edited by Ripcode