MATT now pestering Andrew A on his FB page..

It's very easy to see how that "cleaned up" side was made. Outside mold, splash in some resin or filler, plop it onto the rough grounded mold, let it cure and you have clean, somewhat accurate looking shapes. Not proving anything with that shot, as that is so simple to fake.

And it's note-worthy how the face buck is only roughly finished on one side and not at all on the other, even with a sharp dividing line between "rough face shape" and the blank side... and the same sharp dividing line is seen in the cleaned up version, again, suggesting the use of a mold even for making the initial rough face shape side and again for the cleaned up version.

Too easy to spot how he did that.

Edited by Too Much Garlic

Well the instant he starts pulling them from his new mould then BANG goes any claim he ever makes that's pulled from the original moulds

If his claims weren't flakey enough he's now showing the world on FB he's making new moulds

What would be a judges stance on that?

Is he simple?

I could understand if he were taking a cast from his original mould. But he's not

Here, he's showing us that he's constructing a new mould. Why?

Edited by john danter

Well the instant he starts pulling them from his new mould then BANG goes any claim he ever makes that's pulled from the original moulds

If his claims weren't flakey enough he's now showing the world on FB he's making new moulds

What would be a judges stance on that?

Is he simple?

I could understand if he were taking a cast from his original mould. But he's not

Here, he's showing us that he's constructing a new mould. Why?

To prove that he can "sculpt" and that he "sculpted" the original helmet the same way.

To prove that he can "sculpt" and that he "sculpted" the original helmet the same way

or he is confirming what most of us already knew ( he really can't sculpt )

i mean if after all these years this is how far his so called sculpting skills have advanced can you imagine the Crap he was capable of producing back in 76 :lol:

how people can believe his story baffles me :wacko:

Edited by geordietrooper

how people can believe his story baffles me :wacko:

I'd go as far to say that nobody really does.

There are a few people who take objection to people challenging him on his claims but there's no direct support for his fairy stories.

I just think it's more a case of a few people who have fallen for his marketing line ("original stormtrooper armour from the original maker") and to be fair they have received a decent replica costume and don't want their enjoyment of the project spoiled by uncomfortable truths.

As the owner of SDS armour it's then more comfortable to ignore the evidence presented which proves it's a TE recast, so you pretend that you have no interest in the origins. Otherwise you are faced with having to admit you have paid over the odds for a product which isn't quite what the originally believed.

I've not seen anyone post anything in direct support of his claims to have sculpted the original parts. The argument is always along the line so "my armour is great ... he malkes a great product ... who cares? ... you have a problem! ...." etc.

Edited by Rick330

Well, it's original armor in that he made the current set of molds, so if you look at it that way he's not lying. In fact, every recaster can say the same thing along those lines. But, it makes one think he's offering replicas of the original suits. Replica and copy are not entirely synonymous.

Geee. I understand your 'hatred' for Mr. AA, but saying all his followers are...well basicaly you're calling them idiots. Again, I have to point out the blatantly obvious - or at least it is to me. 99% of his followers are NOT members of this forum or any 501st based forum. They don't know any better. Going to AA fabebook page and ranting and raving like some loony isn't going to convince them. Use the brain and knowledge contained within to educate people in a calm and respectful manner. I understand that AA has a tendancy to delete posts, but if you DO post, make sure it isn't the usual "AA you are a lair and I hate you!"

Another fact is that most people who buy costumes for a collection piece/fun buy them from either ebay or they find out about AA through a google search. That's how I stumbled upon the guy's website. If it wasn't for the fact I didn't have the money, I'd have bought armour from him and I'd be none the wiser. AA is pretty professional looking and he says on there he made the original armour, so THAT statement alone makes you ooh and ahh.

Again, I understand the utter frustration - hell I was collecting latex and fiberglass/ABS hocks before most of you even joined the 501st or the thought even crossed your mind. I know all about re-casting and claiming sculpts are yours when they really arn't. It's a sad fact of the business.

I bought a hock that was allegedly cast from the mould of a screen used mask. Turned out years later that it was BS and it was a re-cast of a re-cast of an original sculpt and had nothing to do with the movie.

Our job (so to speak) is to educate people and point them in the right direction. You catch more bees with sugar than you do with vinegar.

But what do I know..I'm just a 'noob'.

Bah Humbug!

He charges way too much for his stuff anyways and when the simon suit will come out and the word is spread he is gonna fade away...

also sometimes if you do something that is shady and you advertise yourself too much, you run a chance of doing an Hara Kiri and by him running a facebook page to argue with people is just the way this guys is gonna do himself in.

People are not dumb and from facebook will go to other page and to ohter pages and finally end up in places like this place and find out that the man might not seem what he seems to be.

that is how i eneded up here...i started on his page and went from page to page and found this site and now i know what he is up to...that is a "possible sale" he lost even tough i would not have bought from him anyways....

if you are smart you are gonnae do more research before forking almost a 1000$ on a repro helmet.

the only thing he can claim to himself as legit is to have worked on the original movie...just because of that should his helmet command premium prices juste because he was part of the original movie making process...

i think that is the question we should debate and i think this is whole philosophy.

"I worked on the original movie and my hands touched the screen helmets so you can consider that if my hands touched your helmet therefore they are as genuine as the screen ones"

some people actually think like that you know...

if they participated in something they feel they are entitled to charge a hefty price from you to get a sample of themselves on whatever they are selling...look at the celebrity autograph industry...go to a convention and you got to pay thru the nose to get an autograph on a cheap photo from a celebrity...

i seem to recall that captain Kirk once got some awful bad publicity when someone asked him for his autograph and he said to that person,

"if you want my autograph, its gonna cost you 50$"

actors charging for autographs

of course the person asking for this did not appreciate that kind of attitude at all and probably thought that the celebrity was "cool" enough to sign a piece of paper just because he likes his fans...but like i said some people who are famous will try to cash in in any way they can for different reasons good or bad...

i think Andrew suffers from this type of problem...whatever a shrink may call it...

it was in the news for a bit...

Edited by LittleOne

I understand that AA has a tendancy to delete posts, but if you DO post, make sure it isn't the usual "AA you are a lair and I hate you!"

We have, he deletes them anyway. He keeps asking how "we" would make molds , so thosre with the knowledge have detailed the process step by step. He deletes the posts and then belittles us for not answering his question. :blink:

Another fact is that most people who buy costumes for a collection piece/fun buy them from either ebay or they find out about AA through a google search. That's how I stumbled upon the guy's website. If it wasn't for the fact I didn't have the money, I'd have bought armour from him and I'd be none the wiser. AA is pretty professional looking and he says on there he made the original armour, so THAT statement alone makes you ooh and ahh.

Then were better than on his sales tool FB page to educate them. B)

Our job (so to speak) is to educate people and point them in the right direction. You catch more bees with sugar than you do with vinegar.

:salute:

Geee. I understand your 'hatred' for Mr. AA, but saying all his followers are...well basicaly you're calling them idiots.

i take it you mean my comment

if so your wrong

Although going on the majority of their reponses made on his page, the argument could be made. ;)

i take it you mean my comment

if so your wrong

No I was not referencing your comment. It was a broad generalisation based on several comments.

Also how am I wrong? Have people not refered to the AA followers as 'blind fools' Or words to that effect?

Must admit I fell for the whole "orginal maker" thing ("ooooh, ahhhh") and am a little pissed off with him saying that he made it all blah blah blah. I'm happy with what I got however, just gutted that it seems to come with baggage.

I agree with the realier comment that going on the AA page renating does nothing for the person ranting, as just flaming someone makes the user look like a 12 year old.

Gutted about the whole thing really. Needless to say I wont be buying from him again.

now i get the whole thing as to why Lucas is suing or was trying to sue him...

at one point i was like, why is George trying to sue this guy and i was a little dissed but now that i get the whole story i see why... Lucas is a man of principles and it makes me admire him that much more!

Must admit I fell for the whole "orginal maker" thing ("ooooh, ahhhh") and am a little pissed off with him saying that he made it all blah blah blah. I'm happy with what I got however, just gutted that it seems to come with baggage.

I agree with the realier comment that going on the AA page renating does nothing for the person ranting, as just flaming someone makes the user look like a 12 year old.

Gutted about the whole thing really. Needless to say I wont be buying from him again.

I wouldn't feel too bad brother. You did get a decent set of armor. It looks nice I'm sure. The joy it will bring to the young SW fans when you wear it will be the same as everybody else's armor. AA is a douche bag, but you didn't know it at the time. No harm, no foul. At least you got your product and are part of the club. Cheers! B)

I wouldn't feel too bad brother. You did get a decent set of armor. It looks nice I'm sure. The joy it will bring to the young SW fans when you wear it will be the same as everybody else's armor. AA is a douche bag, but you didn't know it at the time. No harm, no foul. At least you got your product and are part of the club. Cheers! B)

yeah, the helmet I got is cool. Everyone ooooohs and ahhhsss at it. But hey, you live and learn. Besides,, I ain't bitter. Spent my second evening outside as its warm, made afire and drank lots of wine. There may be gramatical errors in this post...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, the helmet I got is cool. Everyone ooooohs and ahhhsss at it. But hey, you live and learn. Besides,, I ain't bitter. Spent my second evening outside as its warm, made afire and drank lots of wine. There may be gramatical errors in this post...

Amen,

I too have a set of his armour and I must say Im pleased as punch with it.

Granted in hind sight a little more research on my part I might have gone with a different set of armour such as TM or the new CFO (which looks the nuts by the way) but it was super easy to build and always brings a smile to my face.

The more I read etc I do believe AA is a little (well a lot) miss guided on is claims of origin however I can honestly say that his origin claim was never a part of my purchasing decision (I just wanted own some armour). I have spoken to him a couple of times and comes across as a really nice bloke. But the alternative was Jedi robe and less said about that the better me thinks or christ, even worse the Rubies. All the other armour is not easy to buy (for obvious reasons) its all friend of a friend "under the table stuff".

Another thing if it wasn't for AA I wouldn't of been introduced to this amazing world which Im welcoming arms wide open so for that I thank him.

Brian Muir I think your a legend working on some of my all time fav movies such as Krull and others I cannot mention as it might effect my masculinity!

Don't suppose you have ever entertained re-making the armour from scratch and selling it on as I know must of us here would jump and buying a set. also im a relative newbie to the whole thing so thanks for info...

Sorry for this post didn't want to tread on old ground but hay ho

Peace & Love...