MATT now pestering Andrew A on his FB page..

Next UP: "Hear the incredible story of AA, how he helped save Star Wars from its certain death and shaped the look of the film we all know and love!"

AA: "Yes, the friend of a friend of a cousin of an ex-girlfriend told me Lucas was desperate looking for a way to get the money for his film, a western-in-space movie, but he had no idea where to begin. So, this person told him he had the perfect person to help you get the funding and the movie going, and this person was ME!. After the arrangements were made, he sent me an original script (I had filming experience from using a Super-8 camera to film canoe races) and read it. I thought it was decent, but needed corrections, so I made annotations all over it (I had writing skills from writing poeams for girls during my high-school years) and sent it back to Lucas. He loved it! He said it had the focus he was looking for. But now he needed the correct visual treatment to sell the script to big studios. I thought about it, and that night I had a dream about the movie, and the following day I had like thousands of images and characters in my head! So, I painted as much of those images as I could (I had painting skills from painting the doors at my studio) and got a ticket for the Concord to the States. I took the paintings with me, and convinced 20th Century Fox that the movie was going to be a blockbuster. So they gave it green light! George was so happy that he promised he'll allow me to have perpetual right to the characters. He only asked to keep the rights for merchandise to make toys and t-shirts and such. This was all verbal, no papers, you see? I trusted the guy. If only I knew! Then production started in London, as George wanted to have me near, but Mollo was clueless about how to create the costumes for the film, so I created the molds of the stormtrooper in a day (stopping for tea) and they were so impressed that kept asking for more and more characters, which I ketp producing at a faster and faster pace. I even grew and extra arm to make molds faster! (I lost this arm during a fire at my studio several weeks later). So, if it wasn't because of me, there probably woudn't be a Star Wars at all..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'll pencil this in for Version 5

Join the club guys.

Had to step away from his page for a few days as he is frakking me off so much with his BS.

As tempting as it is to face him with the facts I think he's lost the plot.

When being faced with the photo comparison of the chest plates on the original and his 'original' he's trying to divert the attention to the ammo belt, knee belt and shoulder straps (and parts for other characters :huh:) His arguement for the differences in the armour is that some moulds were made of wood.

No-one has ever suggested the additions to the armour were sculpted in clay (as he states Lucas claimed :blink: ) - I had no part in them - they were probably made by the carpenters at Elstree Studios.

What has that got to do with the line of the chest plate? Or has he got another dvd showing him carving the chest plate mould in wood ? :lol:

Stormtroopersaga3.jpg

This is the suit I sculpted - it didn't have the additions (just a large knee belt added but not sculpted by me)

stormtrooperandR2D2.jpg

Edited by vadersculptor

Brian, relax.

I've just found and old picture that proves Andrew sculpted the helmet

Hang on........ Here it is

angle.jpg

Here's he's working on the vocoder ;)

:lol: Yes this would be his self professed 'fine sculpting' stage using a grinder :lol: I feel you're not taking this seriously now John :D

Question posted on facebook to the pro-SDSers

"A nice question one can ask oneself with regards to "caring" about this controversy is how you Ainsworth-supporters would feel if I bought a suit from SDS, recast it and made molds. Then proceed to offer it at a much higher price than all others, while it is clearly a warped and lesser quality product than the original. Imagine then that I proceed to claim having designed not only the costume, but also designing 200 characters for the movie and being the sole reason to why Star Wars was green lighted at a studio. While at the same time never answering questions as to why the product differs so greatly from what I claim it to be."

Will let you know when it's deleted.

Several times when I've tried to write on the discussion board (which does not require membership in the group) I get the error "Board is not functioning right now" or something similar. Is that how it looks like when you're "banned"?

Question posted on facebook to the pro-SDSers

"A nice question one can ask oneself with regards to "caring" about this controversy is how you Ainsworth-supporters would feel if I bought a suit from SDS, recast it and made molds. Then proceed to offer it at a much higher price than all others, while it is clearly a warped and lesser quality product than the original. Imagine then that I proceed to claim having designed not only the costume, but also designing 200 characters for the movie and being the sole reason to why Star Wars was green lighted at a studio. While at the same time never answering questions as to why the product differs so greatly from what I claim it to be."

Will let you know when it's deleted.

Reposted it for you.

Will let you know when its deleted.

Again. ;)

I'll repost it when this goes down. If I'm not already banned that is. <_<

He posted earlier that he was going to ban me but.....

there is another. ;)

@ Brian: My cousin Jim says "Hi".

He's answering atleast! Not the question, but posting something.

He's always posting. Its just that its invariably BS and lies, or at the very least evasive of self contradictory.

Ainsworth is now showing a new and improved 'sculpted mould' on his Facebook site - stating it's the one he made for the dvd produced as evidence. Looks like someone's been busy putting plasticine on it :D

Stormtroopersaga4.jpg

New 'sculpt' left (the one produced for the dvd but now with a smooth coat of what looks to be plasticine on one side)

Finished 'sculpt' on dvd right

Quote from Ainsworth :This is the exact helmet mould that was made infront of the camera for our DVD,, It is continous, without editing and was made over the 7 hour period it took to make the mould to this state

Well I must have missed some of it because I saw the one on the right side as the finished version on the dvd when he'd finished with his fine sculpting with his grinder :unsure:

He now states the mouth pieces (wood) were embedded in the resin when in the dvd he clearly mixes up car body filler - (the tin of U-Pol is in shot) and shoves a whole load in the cavity :blink:

The final version is about 6 minutes in - the first 6 minutes are quite painful to watch :(

Edited by vadersculptor