Armor History Discussion

This thread is turning into a joke.

What's the point of spending valuable time and effort writing this crap out if no one is going to read and absorb it?

None. So either show something that proves SOMETHING you've said, or lay it to rest. In fact, don't reply again without proof, actual proof to back up what you have stated here. You have repeatedly said that you can PROVE where the TE2 molds come from that conflicts with the facts of the matter.

So do it.

Now.

Don't post ONE more thing until you have proved that Dan did not make the TE2 molds using old ROTJs at his disposal.

The burden is on you now, you keep saying you can prove it. DO IT.

NOW.

Prove where the TE2 molds came from,

NOW. Not one more complaint, insult, or allegation. Because if you say one more thing about people being liars and thieves or ripping someone off without ponying up what you have been "threatening" to let loose, everyone here will be able to see in high definition that you are not telling the truth. And you aren't telling the truth.

This is not a bash thread, nor a self-plugging thread or a "buyer beware thread."

PONY UP YOUR INFORMATION, or be silent.

J

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None. So either show something that proves SOMETHING you've said, or lay it to rest. In fact, don't reply again without proof, actual proof to back up what you have stated here. You have repeatedly said that you can PROVE where the TE2 molds come from that conflicts with the facts of the matter.

So do it.

Now.

Don't post ONE more thing until you have proved that Dan did not make the TE2 molds using old ROTJs at his disposal.

The burden is on you now, you keep saying you can prove it. DO IT.

NOW.

Prove where the TE2 molds came from,

NOW. Not one more complaint, insult, or allegation. Because if you say one more thing about people being liars and thieves or ripping someone off without ponying up what you have been "threatening" to let loose, everyone here will be able to see in high definition that you are not telling the truth. And you aren't telling the truth.

This is not a bash thread, nor a self-plugging thread or a "buyer beware thread."

PONY UP YOUR INFORMATION, or be silent.

J

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah........

You know this thread is NOT about settling the debate between you people. Its about the history of the armor. You guys pissed all over something that could have been so cool. Now you are showing everyone why they should NEVER purchase anything from you.

Why cant you talk about the history?...... WHY?

How come we havent had ANY progress since page 9?

I used to think that at least, at some point you would get over this petty crap and divulge something for us all to see and enjoy. Now I am pretty sure that is never going to happen.

At least Gino showed us a pic of his molds. Matt you are wimping out!!! Dan show us the goods man!!

Please. I am begging you one last time. Please tell us how you came upon this stuff and show us pics! Why not??? What could it hurt?

Honestly there is BETTER armor out there than Gino or TE armor now. I am not kidding. I have seen pics of better armor than yours. You dont have an advantage or edge to protect. I am not saying this to insult you. I am saying it because you REALLY do not need to be concerned about each other stealing anything, because you are not exclusive anymore.

The thread is about what is and was great about the ROTJ recasted armor that has become TE, Gino, and AP. Can we keep it positive? Can you put aside your 5 year old selfishness and share with everyone what you guys went through when you found the armor and began working on it. TE, at least tell us how things went when you started the project.

I really am not trying to be insulting although it may seem that way. I am getting very frustrated though.

If you cannot talk about the beginnings (Matt?) then I am requesting that this thread be locked, because this is gettin' stupid...

Because Gino and Matt (and their camps) disagree on that very history. Unless and until their dispute is settled to everyone's (except maybe theirs) satisfaction, the history of this particular lineage goes something like "there may or may not have been a complete or nearly-complete ROTJ suit that someone cast moulds from that ended up somewhere and may or may not have had something done to them and may or may not have ended up in someone else's hands and may or may not have been modified into something else..."

You get the idea. There are two rough family trees forming out of this thread, mutually-incompatible, depending on who one wants to believe, and in the absence of proof. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but exactly where is probably impossible to determine without aforementioned proof.

--Jonah

Because Gino and Matt (and their camps) disagree on that very history. Unless and until their dispute is settled to everyone's (except maybe theirs) satisfaction, the history of this particular lineage goes something like "there may or may not have been a complete or nearly-complete ROTJ suit that someone cast moulds from that ended up somewhere and may or may not have had something done to them and may or may not have ended up in someone else's hands and may or may not have been modified into something else..."

You get the idea. There are two rough family trees forming out of this thread, mutually-incompatible, depending on who one wants to believe, and in the absence of proof. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but exactly where is probably impossible to determine without aforementioned proof.

--Jonah

We just need to get back on track an redefine the most important elements.

What does the forum need to know to make the history complete?

Yeah, this forum doesn't need to be locked ;) it will sort itself out eventually...But, beside that, look at what else has spawned because of this thread...we now have a thread on the history of TM armor, RT mod armor, and an original ROTJ armor set from the person who actually owns it...we have also attracted alot more master prop builders B) ...so, I would say that there has been several positive result's of this armor history thread :D

Yeah, this forum doesn't need to be locked ;) it will sort itself out eventually...But, beside that, look at what else has spawned because of this thread...we now have a thread on the history of TM armor, RT mod armor, and an original ROTJ armor set from the person who actually owns it...we have also attracted alot more master prop builders B) ...so, I would say that there has been several positive result's of this armor history thread :D

true, true... Yeap. it has spawned a few more threads. Whats funny is they other threads have like 3 pages and have 3 times the info :D that this one does.

Ok. So... I would like to know what happened on Matts side. The story that I have been able to come up with is that the ROTJ armor was bought on ebay. I saw this on SCgarrison.com. He has a small blurb about it there. There is alot of innaccurate info on that site, so its probably incorrect.

What happened between the discovery of the armor and the GF thing? For now lets put aside the Gino part. We can get back to that later. Not to say that Gino cant be involved. Please feel free to tell us what you know about this part of the timeline if you know anything Gino. Matt, you were at least a part of the "obtaining" of the armor so........ Can you tell us? OR if anyone else out there knows, please offer up. :) Mr. Laws?????

You know.... I was just checking out the ROTJ armor on the other thread. I noticed how nice and sharp that pull was in comparison to the crap armor that TE and Gino started with. This makes me wonder if their armor molds are actually the product of an old recast. That would explain missing parts and being in parts as opposed to being glued together. Seriously. The chest plate doesnt even have shoulder strapping marks on it that I can see. Something to think about....I am really starting to think that they are recasted parts!!!! They show no signs of ever being assembled and I doubt they were ever screen used in ANY way. Oh my God.

You know.... I was just checking out the ROTJ armor on the other thread. I noticed how nice and sharp that pull was in comparison to the crap armor that TE and Gino started with. This makes me wonder if their armor molds are actually the product of an old recast. That would explain missing parts and being in parts as opposed to being glued together. Seriously. The chest plate doesnt even have shoulder strapping marks on it that I can see. Something to think about....I am really starting to think that they are recasted parts!!!! They show no signs of ever being assembled and I doubt they were ever screen used in ANY way. Oh my God.

While this opinion may be factual it will also become a reason that we don't get any real information out of these individuals. You've asked several good questions that continue to go unanswered & beginning to insult the people that you/we want to get information out of is not going to get them to pony up info, it will just continue the derailment of this topic & cause more drama for the next 1000 pages.

Let's get back to the 4 questions that were asked a few pages ago & stop w/the pettiness.

TK4205 said:

I guess I should have taken more pics.

As Vader once said...."what do you mean?"

And to reply to tk0084.... I am not insulting anyone, I even stressed that. I am not being petty. Its a valid observation. Does anyone have better pics of those armor parts? Maybe we an get in closer..

Dan you can you tell us what you know about the armor and molds that you worked on please?

The original suit was obtained back in 1996 by me and NOT off of ebay. The suit was actually in the ownership of Cameron Oakley at the time and we did a deal to obtain it. Thats the how the original suit got here.

The suit was a dumpster dive outside of ellstree studios and was not the most crisp pull on some parts. Most are ok, but the back plate was a bit soft. (this matched some suits at the LFL archives) The suit DOES have evidence of the epoxy used on the inside of the armor of the strapping used. The chest strap areas on the outside of the armor has the evidence of the adhesive as well. It is very light but you can see it. One thing that keeps the suit I had from looking like a sharp pull was the amount of clay or whatever was used to make molds for CO's fiberglass masters that was not cleaned up immediately after the molding process was done. I never removed it either as it didnt hurt the overall look really.

So there you have it. Price will not be discussed so please dont ask. Also when I posted that i have bigger fish to fry, I dont have all day long like some people do to sit and post and answer questions. I am in a custody battle for my boys with my wife against her ex, so I am telling you all now, back the hell down. There is more to life than this crap and finger pointing and trying to stir crap up without a shred of proof offered the other way. You have the history of where the suit came from. Dont ask anymore questions about it. There it is above and move on.

T*E

As Vader once said...."what do you mean?"

I forgot the rest of my post.

When I built this kit I wondered why the missmatched parts. I've heard a couple different reasons for this, but nothing certain. Thought Armor History would be a good spot to ask this question.

Dan you can you tell us what you know about the armor and molds that you worked on please?

I just spoke to Matt and he wanted me to clarify that we packed original ROTJ parts as well as styrene parts. Now before anyone in particular jumps in, the set of molds I remeber making from the original parts was bondo. That was after the resin ones were made by Mike. I also made bondo molds from recast styrene parts as I stated ealier - Matt had several projects going at once. Do not ask me which molds went to who; I was just the mold maker. I was paid to make molds; I had no say in what happened to them. If you want specifics, please as Matt. I'm not sure what else I can add to the history other than the fact that I didn't recast any GF parts.

uh, what do you mean by packed? I dont get it.

According to this link. the original molds came from a guy named Steve Johnson.

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-armor.html

So does this mean that Cameron Oakley actually recast the armor he got from Steve Johnson. Did he buy the armor from Steve. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Cameron?

uh, what do you mean by packed? I dont get it.

According to this link. the original molds came from a guy named Steve Johnson.

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-armor.html

So does this mean that Cameron Oakley actually recast the armor he got from Steve Johnson. Did he buy the armor from Steve. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Cameron?

Packed with bondo.

Are you talking about molds or parts?

"Steve moved to Australia and took the moulds (or original suit) with him so he could make a few more complete suits" So he actually is THE guy. right?

Did the bondo hold up very well, when you guys packed the armor with it? It seems more brittle than say ultra cal

I had no idea that the TE armor originated from Cameron Oakley. That makes sense though. Wow, its a small world. I gotta get ahold of Cameron Oakley somehow. :)

More goodies

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-helmet.html

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-trooper-close.html

So if Cameron had the whole set. Why did Matt only get a few parts?

I had no idea that the TE armor originated from Cameron Oakley. That makes sense though. Wow, its a small world. I gotta get ahold of Cameron Oakley somehow. :)

More goodies

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-helmet.html

http://theswca.com/images-repli/cameron-trooper-close.html

So if Cameron had the whole set. Why did Matt only get a few parts?

Cameron did in fact get the armor from Steve, but some parts were missing. I was told he only grabbed one side of the arms as he did not know there were different parts. Also missing in that pic was the shoulder as Cam forgot to send that to me in the package but arrived later. The lower left inside leg was destroyed as they trued to get the parts undone, an the sniper knee, so they tossed them in the trash (DOH!) The belt and knee was never present. I eventually replaced the belt knee from the tour suit to take over for the fabricated one we did early on.

T*E