Armor History Discussion

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm posting pics, here's a pic of the v2 armor test pulls. It's not finished, some parts are still rotj, and some just need redone altogether.

Forearms and handplates are rotj, box knee and sniper knee need re-done.

These pieces were made partially off the anh mold duplicates as well as the original rotj ones. I used the rotj molds for the pieces that aren't finished yet.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

GINO said:

Since I'm posting pics, here's a pic of the v2 armor test pulls. It's not finished, some parts are still rotj, and some just need redone altogether.

These pieces were made partially off the anh mold duplicates as well as the original rotj ones. I used the rotj molds for the pieces that aren't finished yet.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now that's BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing.

Ā 

T :salute:

GINO said:

Ā 

Ā 

Agreed - man that is quite beautiful.

sorry to go slightly off topic though i'm sure it'll be of interest but can i see a little detail on Ginos photo on the kidney plate that isn't present on any other armour out there save one, which happens to be an original sculpt?

i know there are probably a number of little details on an ANH suit that are missing from all the armour kits available today, one such detail is the kidney plate. on my AP and AA kits the kidney plates are too shallow, they lack about an inch and a half of depth (when wearing it being the same height as the actors it's obvious where the belt should sit, above the kidney/butt join but the belt wants to sit over the join and the butt is really too high, this extra inch would allow it to sit perfectly)

cant remember where i found this photo but notice something about the kidney plate thats not present in any kit except TM (cos he's done his research ;) )

Ā 

if i could remeber where i found this photo i would ask for permission to use it, but i cant so to whom this photo belongs- i will remove if deemed out of line.

rfAU8xO.jpg

just wondering if Gino had adapted the kidney plate on his armour to reflect this oversight by other armourers.

Ā 

okay, back on topic.

or has it finished for a bit ;)

TK-4935 said:

sorry to go slightly off topic though i'm sure it'll be of interest but can i see a little detail on Ginos photo on the kidney plate that isn't present on any other armour out there save one, which happens to be an original sculpt?

i know there are probably a number of little details on an ANH suit that are missing from all the armour kits available today, one such detail is the kidney plate. on my AP and AA kits the kidney plates are too shallow, they lack about an inch and a half of depth (when wearing it being the same height as the actors it's obvious where the belt should sit, above the kidney/butt join but the belt wants to sit over the join and the butt is really too high, this extra inch would allow it to sit perfectly)

cant remember where i found this photo but notice something about the kidney plate thats not present in any kit except TM (cos he's done his research ;) )

Ā 

if i could remeber where i found this photo i would ask for permission to use it, but i cant so to whom this photo belongs- i will remove if deemed out of line.

Ā 

just wondering if Gino had adapted the kidney plate on his armour to reflect this oversight by other armourers.

Ā 

okay, back on topic.

or has it finished for a bit ;)

If your talking about the notch in the lower corner of the kidney plate it's on my V1 Gino armor.

Sorry, that was unclear, he started a thread on the Prop Den declaring matt a thief etc and the man who claimed so admitted he was wrong there.

JJ

Ā 

Did I - can you show me that thread?

Ā 

Jumpin Jax, you seem to leap to Matt/TE's defence every time someone dares question the motives of your master

Ā 

FACT - TE screwed Mike V over the 3d Scan. Mike confirmed this.

Ā 

FACT - TE threw his toys out of the pram when AA decided to ditch him and bitched about it on all the forums. TE then acts as witness for LFL against AA in the US Default Court case. LFL drops TE's evidence from the UK case when they realise what a liability the guy is to their case.

Ā 

FACT - TE accused Gino and Dave G of "stealing" his moulds on the RPF until the weight of evidence forced him to fall on his sword and admit he was wrong, then blame his medicine or something. Got himself banned.

Ā 

TE now says he started legal action against Gino. Gino says "untrue - show us all the docs to prove" so TE slinks away, his bluff called. He cant post anything as he LIED about the legal action.

Ā 

FACT - TE sold his first helmet to Brian R WITHOUT telling him he'd recast it (and that almost every helmet out there is a direct cast off it) AND that he'd replaced the brow with modern trim. Nice!

Ā 

FACT - TE is banned from RPF, RPB, Mos Eisley, Prop Den. On the RPF this may have been self-imposed but on the others it was not. People are tired of his lies and immoral attitude to the hobby and he is banned.

Ā 

FACT - TE tries to convince Stormtrooper John that his original RotJ armour and helmet were not real. Offers $15k and 2 suits to let him buy it instead. Brandon Alinger, Andy G and myself all check the suit out and confirm its provenance. John releases the emails from TE to show the depths the guy will go to.

Ā 

FACT - TE has "sold his moulds and left the hobby for good" about 3 times now and every times he comes back, polishes off his "NEW" set of moulds and goes back into production. Leaving the previous buyer bemused that he's been sold a pup.

Ā 

So I say it again. HOW COME ONE PERSON CAN BE INVOLVED IN SO MANY DEALS THAT HAVE GONE BAD????

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

Ā 

Jumpin Jax, you seem to leap to Matt/TE's defence every time someone dares question the motives of your master

Ā 

Ā 

FACT - TE threw his toys out of the pram when AA decided to ditch him and bitched about it on all the forums. TE then acts as witness for LFL against AA in the US Default Court case. LFL drops TE's evidence from the UK case when they realise what a liability the guy is to their case.

Ā 

FACT - TE accused Gino and Dave G of "stealing" his moulds on the RPF until the weight of evidence forced him to fall on his sword and admit he was wrong, then blame his medicine or something. Got himself banned.

Ā 

TE now says he started legal action against Gino. Gino says "untrue - show us all the docs to prove" so TE slinks away, his bluff called. He cant post anything as he LIED about the legal action.

Ā 

FACT - TE sold his first helmet to Brian R WITHOUT telling him he'd recast it (and that almost every helmet out there is a direct cast off it) AND that he'd replaced the brow with modern trim. Nice!

Ā 

FACT - TE is banned from RPF, RPB, Mos Eisley, Prop Den. On the RPF this may have been self-imposed but on the others it was not. People are tired of his lies and immoral attitude to the hobby and he is banned.

Ā 

FACT - TE tries to convince Stormtrooper John that his original RotJ armour and helmet were not real. Offers $15k and 2 suits to let him buy it instead. Brandon Alinger, Andy G and myself all check the suit out and confirm its provenance. John releases the emails from TE to show the depths the guy will go to.

Ā 

FACT - TE has "sold his moulds and left the hobby for good" about 3 times now and every times he comes back, polishes off his "NEW" set of moulds and goes back into production. Leaving the previous buyer bemused that he's been sold a pup.

Ā 

So I say it again. HOW COME ONE PERSON CAN BE INVOLVED IN SO MANY DEALS THAT HAVE GONE BAD????

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

wow, the stuff you can post when all the facts are wrong! LOL... Nice try on all fronts. Especially the LFL stuff... You have no idea what you are talking about.

Ā 

NONE. Its a good read, and totally untrue.

Ā 

But a good try.. and BTW, I offered John $25K for the tour suit on the phone, so again.. you are misinformed. The brian R thing really has you baffled. I didnt sell the helmet to Brian R. And it doesnt matter if he knew it was copied even if I did, an no the brow is still the same.

Ā 

But agian you show your skills for the elaborate an misinformed all too well.

Ā 

gino, goo try.. but you are still WAY off from making the armor even CLOSE. Keep trying!

Ā 

T*E

I also helped John authenticate his suit and was the one who discovered that his canister piece was actually an ANH canister.

Ā 

I can't believe that anyone, especially one who calls themselves an expert, can't see (admit) that John's suit was totally authentic. In fact, probably the most complete trooper suit outside of LFL.

Ā 

To offer $25k for a tour suit is ridiculous.

Ā 

Wow, if you think MINE is far off, then YOU haven't got a prayer.

I think the swearing and name calling adds to the atmosphere :pint1: It makes this thread that much more exciting to read...it kinda reminds me of watching Jerry Springer in a way B)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

my reply:

Ā 

1. Verta admitted he had no rights to the scan to call his own. FACT..

Ā 

2. SDS offered me 30% of the sales and then lied. You steppe in and took over his sales. FACT.

Ā 

3. dave and gino were proven to have NOT bought the ANH molds with daves email admittance the molds were mine and woul be returned. FACT.

Ā 

4. You dodnt know what I have done nor will I show you. When he gets the paperwork he can show you. I ont have to prove anything to you.

Ā 

5. I did not sell the helmet to Brian R. The brow is the same as when I owned it. Same as the SFS helmet that was sold too. Doesnt matter if he was told or not. The helmet was not in my hands when he took possesion. FACT..

Ā 

6. Johns suit is a tour suit and I passed as well as others did back in 1999. It was not screen used and the strapping does NOT match the other 45 ROTJ suits I worked with in the archives an I offered him $25K over the phone. I had 3 different suits at the time, all real and well, I wanted this one for my collection. When i say real, it means they are LFL suits.. screen used is another matter altogether.

Ā 

7. Who cares I am banned? Know why? I write what I feel and the language is like me: harsh abrassive and explosive (and gets edited or deleted here in this forum). Lies? hardly.. wait til you are called on the carpet for telling people AA/SDS stuff was off the real molds. The backlash will have your offspring still feeling the backlash you will get from all RPF members you hack. Doesnt matter if you are now not with him, you WERE... and THATS the truth! :)

Ā 

8. well since I didnt sell dave and gino molds.. nor gf! you are so misinformed it aint even funny.. Retire? LOL! I cant leave because you wont let me with your incorrect stories. Go and try your hand at something else. SW doesnt suit you...

Ā 

How can one person post so much incorrect information that it is not even CLOSE to being accurate and not be banned? (ed: because we might learn something in all of this... as strange as it may seem... kind of like a cross-examination... besides... we are not banning YOU either!) :huh:

Ā 

As for the LFL thing... LOL... just wait... you will find out as to why, and it will blow you away at what I am capable of.. LEGALY. (ed: if you have something legal to transact, please do it through legal representation. threats like this on the costume club/fan boards are kind of pointless. thanks!)

Honestly, after all the swearing and name calling, how is Matt not banned yet?

Not banned. The CO said no f-bombs. So selected editing has occurred. In several posts. Mainly the crude 3-stooges style "oh yeah?...take THIS" banter. That adds nothing to the dialog, since we are all about armor history in this thread.

Not banned. The CO said no f-bombs. So selected editing has occurred. In several posts. Mainly the crude 3-stooges style "oh yeah?...take THIS" banter. That adds nothing to the dialog, since we are all about armor history in this thread.

Oh I am sorry.. I thought this was bash TE thread... Then tell the others to work on the history and stop with the in accurate stories.

Ā 

:rolleyes:

Ā 

T*E

I also helped John authenticate his suit and was the one who discovered that his canister piece was actually an ANH canister.

Ā 

I can't believe that anyone, especially one who calls themselves an expert, can't see (admit) that John's suit was totally authentic. In fact, probably the most complete trooper suit outside of LFL.

Ā 

To offer $25k for a tour suit is ridiculous.

Ā 

Wow, if you think MINE is far off, then YOU haven't got a prayer.

Ā 

Shows what you dont know.. Why would an ROTJ suit have an ANH canister gino? with an ESB gun gino? Ever seen the strapping of a real ROTJ suit.. NOPE.. I have.. 45 of them in the archives when I was doing my work there. The $25K was chump change after I sold off somethings.. arcade games, other collection stuff so it was not a big deal. They are off of the same molds as the ROTJ screen used suits. To me it was like, sure.. I would take another LFL suit.

Ā 

Yes, your suit is WAY off. Wanna see? I dont think you have a clue to the images I have nor the measurements either.

Ā 

I am offering this as a one time shot, so you better think long and hard about how much back pedling you will be doing.

Ā 

Show me your cod up close (no the armor people!) and I will show you how far off you are. Deal?

Oh I am sorry.. I thought this was bash TE thread... Then tell the others to work on the history and stop with the inaccurate stories.

Ā 

Ā 

T*E

Nope. it is the "armor history" thread... and thanks for your contributions! :salute:

P.S. I am trying to edit both sides but let you still make your claims.

Then tell the others to work on the history and stop with the in accurate stories.

Ā 

Ā 

T*E

Frankly, I have no idea which stories are inaccurate or not. So letting the charges and counter charges sort themselves out is informative... I think??? :unsure:

Frankly, I have no idea which stories are inaccurate or not. So letting the charges and counter charges sort themselves out is informative... I think??? :unsure:

Yeah Steve.... :duim: yes, yes...role with that B) ...let this thread play itself out :D