Armor History Discussion

So what matt sold Gino was the original molds, but not the only molds. Then he sold the newer molds to Guns. That makes sense. I am not taking sides here, I dont favor anyone. Just trying for clarity

So Gino has pretty much got the most un-messed with molds that Matt sold him and a set that he is still working on for ANH.

Guns has the set that Matt sold him that he reworked with Dan in 2000 from recasts of his original set over the years.

GF had the soft pull set that Matt sold him and he reworked to make and then sold to AP

hmm.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt include TM because his armor is not the armor we are discussing here. We are only discussing the armor that has evolved from the original ROTJ armor on the first page. If TM's armor included some part of the TE, GF, AP, Gino stuff then yeah, I woulda brought that in too. Some say that TM recast the face for his, but in my opinion and many others that is not true.

I know :lol: your with the so cal garrison aren't you 4510?

So what matt sold Gino was the original molds, but not the only molds. Then he sold the newer molds to Guns. That makes sense. I am not taking sides here, I dont favor anyone. Just trying for clarity

So Gino has pretty much got the most un-messed with molds that Matt sold him and a set that he is still working on for ANH.

Guns has the set that Matt sold him that he reworked with Dan in 2000 from recasts of his original set over the years.

GF had the soft pull set that Matt sold him and he reworked to make and then sold to AP

hmm.

Yes, they were the only molds and there was no duplicate set owned by anyone.

What Dan worked on with Matt was not directly from the original molds.

Dan, Matt, do you deny using GF's parts as a basis for your re-working? Because we can directly show that here as well as get GF directly involved to verify.

WHHHHHHHOA, is that what you think? Oh dude, I am sorry.

You're off the map.

I've known Matt since 1999 and he's never been without a set of molds til he sold to Guns. NEVER. My suit is a ROTJ from his set, made by Dan. My suit was assembled in March of 2002, after nearly a year of my having the pieces in a box in my closet. Same set of molds I'd seen in the ol shop since I met him.

metrooperjp3.jpg

I don't know where you got the idea that he was without, but that couldn't be more wrong. Wow, I'm seriously stunned by that statement. Had no molds...I've personally SEEN a hundred suits being made during all those years, AND I saw him make Dan a suit for making the TE molds. Yes, I actually saw it. So unless you have a witness to debunk me at that particular moment in time? Well. Maybe we should move on.

JJ

Matt hasn't had any armor molds since he sold them back in 1999.

It wasn't until he sourced a set of vac formed GF version ANH armor (not molds) that he began to further re-work new "improved" anh armor molds.

Sorry if that sounded rude. I just meant that this thread was for the TE armor origins. At least thats what it has become. I do love TM's armor and I hope to get a set some day :)

no worries Bro! ;):duim::pint1: This thread is exciting, I have a new bag of popcorn now :D

Damnit. I cant stay up any longer. :( Peace out! I LOVE THIS THREAD, ITS THE BEST THING I HAVE READ IN MONTHS!!!!!!

Please continue. I would love to see this debate cleared once and for all. I also think we should sticky this when all is said and done! :)

Nonsense.

If he would have made a new set of molds, they would have been made from his poorly vac formed parts. The same problem that GF had when making his molds. It is impossible to restore those soft poor vac formed parts back to what the actual original molds produce.

Either way, it still doesn't account for the recast GF anh pieces that Matt/Dan used for their TE2 armor.

Even further, if he did make a new set from those vac formed pieces, it just goes to show what a snake he was by not honoring the $xx,xxx deal that he made not to ever make parts again.

This happened to myself, GF, mverta, T. Guns, and from what I hear, has plans to turn stuff over to Dan Laws to make yet ANOTHER version of molds.

The line of people who keep getting screwed over by Matt is getting loooong.

You're next Dan. Although unlike all the other people on that list, you've been warned.

I'm sorry, I'm too busy laughing right now :lol: After all the yakyak on this thread you have done, you lacked the most BASIC POSSIBLE KNOWLEDGE about Matt during those years. i mean every newbie RPFer knew Matt was making ROTJ suits, everyone!

Nothing you say has any credibility, nothing. How can you when you accuse a guy of not having what everyone else knew he had? That makes you far too ignorant to state a case, my friend.

GF got molds from Matt and nearly got the prop world shut down by LFL, his fault.

Guns has not been cheated or ripped off in any way.

Mverta? I guess you missed the fun on the Prop Den. He admitted that he had no rights over the scan of the helmet, publicly.

You're running out of windmills to fight, gino.

"Either way, it still doesn't account for the recast GF anh pieces that Matt/Dan used for their TE2 armor."

Be.......cause..........they......didn't........use.........recast.......parts. :lol:

So you admit he had molds? Wow, big of you know that I'[ve told you about them. Very impressive that I've educated YOU. Well not really.

I'm sure you don't know this,but the ROTJ suits looked like crap before they were molded. Mold of crappy thing is a crappy mold, it's funny you trying to make that Matt's fault too. :P poor vacuum forming...jeez.....any insult you can fit in.

Dan did the work, and made them what TE2 is today. Like it or not, you have nothing to site here as a grievance on anyone's part. Warning Dan? That's just desperation, shameful.

Anyhew, this thread will go on with posts you're just going to hate. Tough. Your slander and hateful comments are nothing more than that. I dismiss your expertise and testimony, you have nothing to add to this thread. But I'm sure there is no amount of napalm in the world that would stop your tirade from continuing, so have a great time. The facts that you loathe will continue even more strongly.

When you say something true, I'll give you a compliment, I promise. Just don't hold your breath.

JJ

Well, if Matt sold the molds to GF, and kept a set,...... then to Gino and kept a set,...... and then to Guns..... He probably still has a set still. Thats what Dan must be getting.....another set. If he in fact is planning to start selling the armor as Gino has claimed. I gotta admit, that right there kinda sounds bad. Leave the he said stuff out of the picture completeley and that just looks bad. That just looks like Matt ripped everyone off.

So my question now is: Who has the old armor now? Its gotta be around somewhere. Does Brian R still own his helmet that started it all? Why didnt Dave M use his sharp helmet for a mold, was it just not possible?

WHERE ARE THE SUITS AND HELMETS YOU AND DAVE PROMSIED?

and for the record and this will teach you a lesson here. You and Dave asked if I was going to make anything AFTER you were caught in the lie about the ANH molds, you asked if I was going to make HELMETS. I said not at this time, maybe down the road. But since you stole them, well... the armor story is another all together. To make it short, your agreement with Mike I had nothing to do with.

dave did not buy the molds. the email he sent to mike saying 'I know the molds are matts and they will be returned to him 'proves he did not buy them. and for the record, the molds were sol to dave and not you, for not $xx,xxx.xx. but x,xxx.xx.. its funny how you like to contort everything to match your needs. dave agreed to BUY the molds from me when I found out they were at his house in dec 99. I sent off the paperwork he asked for to complete the sale TWICE at his request and he faltered on that as well. The only reason I was meddling in his life as you say was to get my property BACK from him. He called one day and said, 'this is just how business is done, live with it.'

I lived with it and had him serve with papers and the email. His response, ' molds will be sent back monday'.

So much for buying the molds... :rolleyes:

you dont think you can add to molds? are you stupid or nuts? you dont know the material that was used so we could re surface them nor add to them to augment the details to make them sharper. your sad legacy to disprove everything is getting really old.

put up or shut up an then we will talk. otherwise get off the ride. And I am not bipolar.. you call me that again and I will rip your nuts out your a very impolite person. Get me? You were smart not to come to C4 and get your an impolite person kicked after threatening me, its still on the table though. So watch your step... expect a phone call from me today or tomorrow though.

T*E

Well, if Matt sold the molds to GF, and kept a set,...... then to Gino and kept a set,...... and then to Guns..... He probably still has a set still. Thats what Dan must be getting.....another set. If he in fact is planning to start selling the armor as Gino has claimed. I gotta admit, that right there kinda sounds bad. Leave the he said stuff out of the picture completeley and that just looks bad. That just looks like Matt ripped everyone off.

So my question now is: Who has the old armor now? Its gotta be around somewhere. Does Brian R still own his helmet that started it all? Why didnt Dave M use his sharp helmet for a mold, was it just not possible?

Nope, see.. gino THINKS about things.. I know.. but I will let him make more of a fool about himself and sit back with a beer and enjoy the comedy show.

seems gino knows everything. dont worry little one, I will leave.. and you should care.. the stuff I will release later will make you look like a indeed, silly monkey on a bicylce and you will have to back track further than you already have to.

Bye gino.

Oh yeah I ripped off everyone all right.. YOU FOOLS! LOL

Get serious. Where did the rip off begin. WITH dave and gino. HE fails to answer the questions about how he and dave negated on the agreement they made. answer that gino. if you dont, and dont send the product.. well.. who is the rip off artist? We already know it is you gino...

Again, molds were not sold to GF.. if they were you would have to prove it. I never received a dime for what GF has done. NOT ONE DIME.

So nice try there folks. And I never sold the molds to Dave and gino. That was done by my partner at the time Mike.

See the lying pattern here from gino? Keeps claiming I sold things.. I didnt sell molds to GF and to dave.

My question to gino is the same one we posed to verta. if there was such an ego issue to you about this, why are you only now almost 10 years later crying and whining about this and that? Are you now the morality police? better hand back your badge since you are guilty of not honoring your agreements to me.

T*E

So if you sold the molds to Dave, then where did you get a set?

oops sorry. So if Mike sold the molds to Dave, where did TE armor come from?

again, I am not going to answer until gino gets with it and answer the questions as to where my 2 suits promised to me are going to arrive after almost 10 years. I think it a fair questions since no one wants to acknowledge he creating all the problems with false information and slanderous comments.

I will say only this: GF's suit and parts WERE NOT used for the TE molds. Yes some tour parts were used and I had Laws pull those misssing parts from it. What gino has more than likely done is taken his 'keen' eye and poured over pics for the last 10 years and tried to compare the TE and GF suits in pics, called GF to convinced him I cast his suit and now his GF saying I did. Which is not true, I had no reason to cast a GF suit. I walked away from the GF suit when it showed up all modified and I ended my relationship with GF. Yes we had a deal but I walked away when the suits he was making had the helmet all symmetrical for the cap and back.

Still waiting for the answer to the question that has started this armor war.

Waiting gino.. been waiting for 10 years. If you fail to aknowledge this in your next post I will ask the mods to shut down this thread based on your inability to answer the issues at hand. I could care less if you like me gino, but the fact remains you owe me and mike.

T*E

Where did the current TE2 molds come from if Gino has the originals? Why didnt you have him send the molds back with the Cap n back and faceplate? If you had a back up set, then why didnt you have a back up set for the cap n back and face plate too?

Where did the current TE2 molds come from if Gino has the originals? Why didnt you have him send the molds back with the Cap n back and faceplate? If you had a back up set, then why didnt you have a back up set for the cap n back and face plate too?

wow, you dont read everything do you?

I DIDNT SELL HIM THE MOLDS. Get that through your head. the ROTJ armor molds were not sold by me to dave. gino did not buy them. dave gileda did.

I am not going to answer anymore questions until I get some answers myself from gino.

if gino wants to play a sneaky game about 'tell me and I will slam' you , it gets old. I proved many things in my past, time for him to do the same. If he doesnt offer anything, then too bad for you all. In the dictionary you will see a picture of gino under: manipulator

I for one am done with his bullshucks and lies.

And read the frigging posts. And you as well call me nuts one more time and I will tear your balls out through your an impolite person as well.

To make it short, your agreement with Mike I had nothing to do with.

dave did not buy the molds. the email he sent to mike saying 'I know the molds are matts and they will be returned to him 'proves he did not buy them. and for the record, the molds were sol to dave and not you, for not $xx,xxx.xx. but x,xxx.xx.. its funny how you like to contort everything to match your needs. dave agreed to BUY the molds from me when I found out they were at his house in dec 99. I sent off the paperwork he asked for to complete the sale TWICE at his request and he faltered on that as well. The only reason I was meddling in his life as you say was to get my property BACK from him. He called one day and said, 'this is just how business is done, live with it.'

I lived with it and had him serve with papers and the email. His response, ' molds will be sent back monday'.

So much for buying the molds... :rolleyes:

T*E

Calm down people. Dave and Gino were in the deal together. So to have you picking over that everytime it comes up and say "YOU DIDNT BUY THE MOULDS GINO" is getting old. Dave actually paid for the moulds, Gino being the man with mad skills to make use of those moulds.

So they are one in the same as far as where the moulds ended up. The original moulds went to Dave and Gino as I have heard it. Money WAS paid. Matt has stated that and given a *,*** figure that Dave (Gino's partner) paid to Matt's partner Mike. And then in the same sentence says that those moulds were stolen from him.

It seems to me if Mike (Matt's partner) sold those moulds to Dave (Gino's partner) As has been said by Matt, than a completely legitimate deal went down. So no more of this "stole the moulds" crap.