New, ANH armor n helmet found.

Hi peeps,

Not sure if there is a post already, but has anyone heard of the Helmet & armor found in the UK.

is it suppose to be on the down low.

Or can it be discussed?

I know there is a post on the RPF, and the pics are not to be passed around.

Anyways how will this impact sellers of ROTJ derived armor.

Also will the helmet be "the" helmet of choice.

The Armor IMO is the best part offered.

*mods edit as you see fit, if I brought up stuff I can't

discuss.

Yes, it's old news. May I direct you to this thread?=========

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It's the Si-Man or RS armor, and they are indeed working on casting and then offering it. The makers/owners actually do not want the pics to be published in any other forum than the ones they are active themselves.

This is very exciting and will surely be the new jewel of screen lineage armor. No more reworked ROTJ/tour armor or the likes, they are going for warts&all original ANH. So yay! :)

Tbh, I think it will faze out the reverse engineered RotJ to ANH armor... and bring forth the untampered with RotJ armor, such as the CFO, next to the SiMan ANH armor - as the armors to strive for. No need for the reverse engineered versions anymore. Not meant in any derogatory fashion towards those armors as they served their purpose over the years.

Can't wait until they show off their stuff.

Very cool to hear that this suit will be cast. It's not my style, but I imagine that many troopers the world over will be drooling when this thing is ready to go.

Tbh, I think it will faze out the reverse engineered RotJ to ANH armor... and bring forth the untampered with RotJ armor, such as the CFO, next to the SiMan ANH armor - as the armors to strive for. No need for the reverse engineered versions anymore. Not meant in any derogatory fashion towards those armors as they served their purpose over the years.

Can't wait until they show off their stuff.

If you think the CFO is untampered then think again.

I would wait and see what this new kit from Simon will look like first before making these kind of comments (I know you don't mean any harm). Especially if they are casting it from the outside and forming over those moulds, just like CFO, and I don't see any show-off threads anywhere. This is not the way to make an accurate replica as you know.

Remember that these guys bringing you this ANH stuff have no love for Stormtroopers and no knowledge. It is purely business for them, nothing else. I can see that unless they listen to what people want then this whole project will be a complete flop (like another I can think of).

I hope I am proved wrong.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with. However the comment about it being cast from the outside has me worried. Is this factual? Where did you get this information? I think it would be pretty crazy to put all the effort into making moulds, yet make them from the outside. I hope this isn't correct.

Cheers

I'll hold to my comments about the CFO. It's not reverse engineered into ANH. It's RotJ.

If they molded the pieces from the outside, then they can make fiberglass/resin statues with the perfect fit and accuracy of the screen used suit and not bother with vac-forming.

That could be an option for the CFO as well... but I guess I may be the only one interested in such a thing.

BTW my comments were directed towards the NEW anh suit and NOT the CFO stuff, which I have no opinion on.

Simon has a perfect opportunity here, I pray he will take full advantage of its capabillities. Either way, we can't get too hyped up before we see a shred of anything. I guess we'll just wait and see..

My 'rolling eyes' was at Paul bitching again FON not you.

This is why I am gone from this hobby shortly...

At least the origins of this armour are not questionable or dubious. It is what it is. I am looking forward to what these bring out. As TMG mentioned it will knock everyone out of the ANH loop pretty much...

Joe

Simon told me personally that the armour was to be cast from the outside, same as the helmet. Hopefully that will not be the case and he does cast everything from the inside. That will not be easy to do seeing how most of the torso brackets are riveted to the pieces. No matter what they do, I think there will be some work needed to be done to moulds in order to make them into vac form bucks (or ruin the original strapping stripping the pieces down)

Joe,

You know for a fact that Mark has had to do work on these 'Cast From Oakley' moulds. He has been quite open about the fact whether you like it or not. I have shown proof that the majority of the CFO parts don't match the suit it was cast from. That is why I can say with confidence what I said above. But that is not the subject matter here, Simon's suit is.

Well he must be very ignorant of vac forming process if he's to make moulds from the outside

Anything he makes from that will be super soft and out in terms of end result size.......?

What's the point?

He'd have to sharpen them up. So then you have tampered moulds.....!

I'm not sure what the inside of his suit looks like, but thats the best way to make moulds from this suit surely?

I'm sure the insides cam be cleaned up to make good moulds

That said, it'll be better than what we have now I guess.

Just a shame they wont be doing it properly

Edited by john danter

if it was your original suit would you take it apart just so you can cast it from the inside i know i wouldn't

If I planned on making a fortune from it in making suits, I think I would

You can screw it back together, I hope :)

I see your point if it's riveted yes, that's a bit different.

Making moulds from the outside saves your suit, but taking moulds from the inside makes it more accurate

Depends what means more to you

The suit or the accuracy of your product?

I'd suggest everyone take a wait and see approach. I can think of a few reasons why it may not be "all the rage". While I do wish them the best in their endeavor, it's one thing to have the suit and the second to be able to do something of quality with it.

To wit:

1) What will the quality of the pulls be like? Will they be soft? Will they get every detail?

2) What material will they be offered in - HIPS, ABS?

3) What material thickness will it be offered in?

4) What is the cost?

5) How easy is it to build/assemble?

6) How available is it?

Even if you had a flawless copy if it cost $3000, took a year to get on the order list, an d was so thin/brittle/etc. that it didn't hold up to trooping - would it be worth it for most people?

As for "doing it properly" if money were no object I'd think you'd 3D scan the whole thing, no? Still, I'm sure they have their reasons.

In any event - it seems premature to speculate and make comment until there are real parts to evaluate, etc. People got pretty excited about Dan Laws armor too that never materialized.

Let's give Si-Man & crew the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, shall we?

Joe,

You know for a fact that Mark has had to do work on these 'Cast From Oakley' moulds. He has been quite open about the fact whether you like it or not. I have shown proof that the majority of the CFO parts don't match the suit it was cast from. That is why I can say with confidence what I said above. But that is not the subject matter here, Simon's suit is.

Ive seen photo proof (all you had were photos remember) that your helmet is an exact match for a T*E helmet, so if a couple of photos and comparissons are proof then does that mean that the accusations that you re-cast are true then?