Debater2nd's ATA ABS build[*ATA]

It's finally time to replace my old FX/whatever armor, so I decided to go with ATA's new ABS kit. After being on a wait list for a couple of weeks, ATA let me know that it was on the way, and it did indeed arrive within the week. Very fast shipping!

file.jpg

I opened the box and found that all of the items were in great condition. I have no idea how they all fit in there, since for the life of me I haven't been able to duplicate the process. The pieces are all wrapped in protective plastic film, and rough trimmed with extra ABS included.

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

I took all of the pieces out, and assembled the ones that I will be working with. I have a thermal detonator and canvas belt that I will be keeping, and I am moving to get latex handguards and TK boots. I will also be using a HIPS ATA bucket...the color match seems ok to me.

file-3.jpg

I will be building this to the EIB "Should-Have's," so I'll be adding in all of the little touches that are required. I have done some preliminary measurements, and I think that I'll be able to make the sides work without adding anything, which I couldn't do with my old kit. I still need to figure out how to do the ab plate and buttons, and how to attach the knee bandoleer and sniper plate, but I'm hoping that won't be too challenging. The only other concern that I have is that, based on what I'm seeing, there is no way that the bicep pieces won't overlap the shoulders. I'm 5'8, and unless I cut them WAY down, it's going to overlap, which seems to be something of a gray area right now.

Trimming starts soon...I'll post more pictures as I make progress.