Who is VT and who has proof?

Runnriottt

Ill wear the black hat. All the accusations and not a thread started. So...

First off, I have read the other thread, and I thought off the bat that 4510 had a CAP helmet. However... I did not know he was thought to be VT.

I have some members here in Japan with VT stuff... its OK...acceptable but I could tell its AP recast. Some of the pulls are lopsided here... the helmet in general and the armor is kinda soft in detail... but better than FX...

My take...

If its really 4510, on one hand I could give a rip. We go back a long time and have done many a deal for troopers, charity and costumes in the past. His talent is way up there in assembly and teaching. I would hate to have a good mans name drug in the mud for no real reason.

I have been a staunch supporter of those that make armor available to troopers and a supporter of Fan made armor. AP is on the boards and as I recall has never allowed casts of his suit nor his helmet openly. CAP did, but CAP cast TE in a back alley post cast deal that TE played up to CAP. Take that or leave it, its why we have CAP W and ATA. I support both as I supported CAP at the time.

On the other... it would not look good to be playing both sides to the middle. Who is VT, how did he come into play and if you are here Mr. VT... please stand up.

Straight at the accusation... Bro if you are VT, really man, with the current market and care of the community for the CAP line, it seems to be accepted. Cast CAP original and leave VT behind. It was a means to an ends at the time you did it. I give not two pennies about recasting those that screwed the community and TE did just that. I am a recaster as well by the definition. Some will hate me for it outright, but I cast JB... and if any one did the history on that guy he makes TE look like a saint. JB stole thousands. Still people will complain and tell me I took a low road... I knew that off the bat and can deal with it. I am who I am.

Mikes current helmet looks good in the shots, and we have not seen the armor. This is (in the last few years anyway) a community that knows what is what, and I really hope that VT doesn't become new 4510. AP is still around...

I just hope that truth is told, and the community can have another armor worth getting. Not another mellow drama in the saga of " As the plastic burns".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put Nathan.

If Mike is VT, which i have now heard through a few people that VT is in fact Tk-4510, than so be it, so what, who cares. Im getting tired of all this debate about the same thing over and over. This all stemmed from a recast movie suit...to me...at this point in time, with so many TE linage makers out there...it shouldnt make a difference. One of the reasons i joined the 501st, was the good it does, the positive..if i were TE i would have let anyone recast my stuff. Why? Because this isnt supposed to be about money..its supposed to be about helping each other out, pushing the legion accuracy forward, and doing good for our communities wearing those suits. The more people offering quality accurate style armor the better. Cuz really all i see is arguments over money..cuz if someone recast "armor maker x", your cutting into his business.. (a busness that isnt even really legal!) At this point..does that really matter?The TK community now has TE,TE2, AP, Cap-W, and ATA ..as acceptable sellers, all from the same linage. Personally i think its great. Id like to see the legion filled with non-FX accurate style helmets, and the TKs of the legion look more uniform, as they did way back when only FX helmets were out there. We've come a long way..with lots of drama in there..but enough is enough...TE did something that pushed the community forward..whether we like him or not. If he didnt someone else would have eventually. im just happy we have what we do now.

I am i supporter of recasting? No. If anyone recast TM or RT-mod, THAT to me is not acceptable, as those suits were sculpted by the makers and years of work put into them from a hunk of clay to a finished product that is always getting revised. That is taking away from the artists hard work. Becuase if you sculpted a TK suit, you ARE an artist. Recasting a movie suit and making a few mods isnt an artist. If i ever got my hands on a movie suit to cast, i would do that, and guess what, i wouldnt care who recast it..the point is the community...not money.

So if Mike is VT..i personally honestly dont care. I do however feel he should come clean and say so himself. Honesty is what i feel is key in this community, and ive done many dealings with Mike and like the guy. Hes done plenty good for this community. Hopefully he will come clean and still be around for newbies to get decals and supplies from.

I love this community and i hate to see it getting all bent up over...as Scootch put it "bootlegged spacesuits" Did you see what happened in Japan...quite the reality check...im more concerned with Nathans, all the other Japanese Garrison members, (and everyone else living there) lives than some white plastic. I think its time to get over it and move along.

Thats all i have to say..love me or hate me for it.

I usually don't t take part in any discussion about recasting, because I don't know all that "behind the scenes" stuff.

But I've know Mike as an decent person who gave a lot to this community. Most of couldn't build or paint a helmet if he wasn't here. Enough said.

So, in tradition with ths small video clip, I confess:

I am VT!

My take on the TE-linage is that it's been recast so many times it doesn't matter any more. Let the honest deals from sellers and their moulds speak for them themselves. If the seller is an idiot and the moulds are crap, then nobody should by from them. Quite obvious. But if you're an honest seller and think you can do better than that idiot, give it a try. Honesty and sharp pulls are what matters in a linage that otherwise is littered with bad pulls and dishonest sellers.

Now, I'd promote any one of the regular sellers, as they are proven to be reliable and honest. And anyone recasting a fans sculpt will have my boot up their a very impolite person.

My take on the TE-linage is that it's been recast so many times it doesn't matter any more. Let the honest deals from sellers and their moulds speak for them themselves. If the seller is an idiot and the moulds are crap, then nobody should by from them. Quite obvious. But if you're an honest seller and think you can do better than that idiot, give it a try. Honesty and sharp pulls are what matters in a linage that otherwise is littered with bad pulls and dishonest sellers.

Now, I'd promote any one of the regular sellers, as they are proven to be reliable and honest. And anyone recasting a fans sculpt will have my boot up their a very impolite person.

i agree with everything you just said! :) thats basically what i was saying...but you said it simpler lol.

Correction on RT he recasted a TE faceplate and like CAP there was a deal struck after the fact. But I think that mold has been modified quite a few times.

Really? Didnt know that! I know the older RT stuff was "not quite right" looking so i thought it just progressed. I stand corrected on that.

I agree on the TE lineage being blurred, but the VT armor is AP through and through.

My bigger concern is that Mike the decal seller has flawless customer service there have been numerous complains about VT's customer service, communication, and quality. So which seller's personality will you get?

Obviously when you say armor you aren't including the helmet. But from what I have been seeing more and more of is consistent quality VT products..I know he had hurdles in the beginning and I'm talking years ago . I still have my original VT hero helmet that is circa late 08-09 before he didn't have the hero ears and yes the plastic is a lower gauge but as of late I've seen people praising his stuff. It's my 1st TK helmet and I doubt I will get rid of it. If pics are needed I can post pics. I just wish Mike would explain the sig inside. Even CAP couldn't lol

Edited by Amish Trooper

Cool if that is the sentiment... however...

Here is the thread... here is the chance to get all in the open. However, if nothing comes of it than nobody has a right to come at the guy ever again. I mean, if the drama is over, then I hope its over. Here is a great thread to point future accusations to if they happen.

Several people have told me they have "smoking guns" and complain when I didn't "do something" when presented to me. My position is that if they have "evidence" then it's their responsibility to share it, not mine.

If they really care they will. If they do not, then it seems that while some care, they do not care enough.

please remember rule # 2 of the FISD guidelines ;)

2. No baiting, flaming, shilling, or trolling. This includes using avatars or signatures to provoke other people.

all users should read this before posting http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3055

the only way to find out would be to locate who owns this email:

vacuum_dis@hotmail.com

i have tried email address reverse look ups but it point to redmond wa, to microsoft of course...there must be a way to get the name of the person who registered this email...

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies,

But I did compare as to how a VT looks next to other helmets and similarity, I thought the original question was about origin and lineage, and origin of maker and service provided.

I have deleted post anyways

Gra

Edited by tk7713gra30