Detachment Logo

Exodus

Team,

As we now have the official detachment name the logo has been created to follow along with the theme of our name and of what this group represents.

The intention of the Stormtrooper logo is to draw upon that the Stormtrooper is the primary military force of the Empire. This military is rich in tradition and history and thus is very symbolic.

The symbolism of the detachment logo draws upon this history from the original concept of the Stormtrooper to the evolution of clone trooper to Stormtrooper.

I am very pleased this logo and I hope the team is as well as this is our logo. Please feel free to comment (either PM or on this thread).

Many thanks to our 501st LCO for his graphic talents in taking the vision and making it into reality (thank you again M'Lord!)

I present to you the (proposed) Stormtrooper Detachment logo:

Thx, Ed

TK4878

XO Stormtrooper Detachment

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like about it, is how it some how it looks remotely similar to the clones logo, as to say "Years of Tradition Serving the Empire since the Clone Wars" or something.

Doesn't mean that TK's are clones or anything, just means that TK's have been around for ages.

Thanks Ed for all the time and effort you put into this project. I know it wasn't always easy trying to please everyone, but I think the end result is something we can be proud of.

Great job :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the warm responses.

At this point I'd say the first logo for the "First Imperial Stormtrooper Corps" aka Stormtrooper Detachment is closed and completed. Thanks for all of those who provided feedback and suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I think it's waaay cool, but I did notice you mirror imaged the E-11's and you see the ejection port on both sides instead of the magazine on one of them , if that was intentional then cool, if not... oops! NOT a criticism, JUST an observation!! :D

We're still awaiting final artwork from Mark since the Legion Council has stated that we must include the text "501st Legion" somewhere. Ed - this is a great catch that hopefully can be incorporated in with the other change.

At least six months out. Legion policy is no detachment merchandise runs while we're in our probationary period, which will expire at the end of April 2007.

Yes, both are slated for being updated.

Ed (XO) is working with MF to get the logo updated, as it also needs to say "501st Legion" on it.

Carl (S@A) is reworking the sig banner.

Both should be able to file current status reports.

I'm working with MF on the logo, no eta at this time. But will update again when I have at time table established. He is buried Legion activity that is keeping him very busy with some great stuff coming out in a few months.

MF will update the logo to the requested legion standards. He hopes to have a new revision to me in a couple of weeks (after all the fun starts on Monday noon pacific).

Once that draft is completed he will render a high res log that will become the new face for the "First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment."

Changes will include:

- Revision to name

- Addition of 501 Legion to bottom of shield following the curve shape

- Clean up the blasters

- Rendered logo will combine all elements so it appears as one

Question or comments, please send me a PM.

I think it's waaay cool, but I did notice you mirror imaged the E-11's and you see the ejection port on both sides instead of the magazine on one of them , if that was intentional then cool, if not... oops! NOT a criticism, JUST an observation!! :D

I see nothing wrong with that, left handed firing weapons are common in any armoury!!! :D