high detail INC screens

dashrazor

i wouldn't recommend that.. for one that is a detail that is most likely changed for game programming (3D skinning) reasons. also you will have no way to strap your cod and butt plates together without a strap showing..

look closely at this artwork from the game (the trooper on the far right has a normal butt plate)

90-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-2.jpg

unlike the stormtroopers that come from the movies the ICN and other EU troopers from the game are digital art.. and like any form of art you need to interpret it.. this is why the CRL is set up with ROTJ style armor.. i believe that it was the artist intention for the armor to be in that style, that is why the butt,kidney should be one peice and the cod and ab plates should not be cut...

for example.. look at this piece of art

efe6e2d42de65f93dabbd3c24a6b722f.jpg

the details are obviously incorrect.. but you can see that it was the artist intent for this to be a stormtrooper..

make sense??? it is hard for me to to explain :P

No worries, I understand well ;)

But my point is to be as closely to the game as I can ^^"

For example when I started my ICN, I get an ANH kit because of the chronology of the game and I desagreed with putting trims like on a ROTJ armor. But, the game has them so let's go XD

i want to be close as well :P another intersting thing about chronology of the game... troopers from battlefront are 100% ROTJ :P perhaps the different types of armor were always there???? ROTJ,ANH,ESB

887-c.jpg

image from SW battlefront

battlefront is also set in the pre rebellion era

I have another question :

Is the belt made with leather ? or Canva ?

I think leather is better but i'd like your opinion guys before buying some leather (it's a little bit expensive)

Thanks !

i used a shiny rubberized canvas.. RTOJ belts are smaller in width, about 2 inches wide and have a glossy look..

leather of vynil or perhaps you could paint your canvas with a glossy fabric paint ?

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-09h40m11s112.thumb.png.913c2038569d89d20e9e25bab969edf7.png

one thing i noticed in ROTJ the belts color matches the armor perfectly.. i think the belts were painted to match the armor thus the glossy sheen.. but i cant be 100% sure on that.. they could have painted the armor to match the belts :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Well, the fact is that my canva is not really white and too wide (about as wide as the plastic front part).

I think leather (or leather like material) is good as I can find white leather belts in a store in Paris ^^

More over it's exactly the same white as my armor and the thickness seems to be the good one. Adding the weathering will make it perfect.

BUT ! I don't want to use a non canon material ;)

as long as it looks like the belts in the ROTJ screencaps you should be good to go.. i used rubberized canvas on my own ICN.. im not sure if it is necessary to use canon material.. the CRL does not specify material either.. it does specify the size, Belt must be 2.5" wide, not 3" as on ANH/ESB i cut mine to the width of my thermal detonator as shown on the screencaps above which is about 2 1/4"

another screenshot

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Ok thanks :)

I saw another thing about the belt : in ROTJ, the back part is fixed in the middle of the front part. In TFU, it's fixed on the top.

I think it's important, don't you ?

• 2 months later...

Hey All,

Here are the details about the ICN belt.

With the ICN, it has been pretty much standard practice that the suits would be ROTJ from the neck down, with an ANH Stunt lid. Then you would do the paint scheme details and add ons that make the TKC unique,eg. Flamethrower, lightsaber, Pauldron, etc.

After doing some research, I brought up the fact that the suit doesn't appear to be totally ROTJ, but has elements from ROTJ and ANH/ESB armor.

My analogy is that when the game designer/programmer started to design these characters, they needed something to work off of other than just flat pix, since the character is visible at 360 degrees in the game. Instead of them just trying to design most of the parts from sketches or pictures, they contacted someone in Lucas archives and had them take pix of each individual part, or possibly made a 3-D scan of the actual individual piece of armor. Either the designer didn't realize that certain parts went with certain suits or they thought it would be cool to mix and match to make a unique character. This is possibly why you see elements of ROTJ and ANH/ESB in the ICN.

ICN.thumb.jpg.cc343a1526d9ebfdb3b49fa31b570181.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I think this will be great to vote on in our next CRL updates. I know the back plate will come up as well - you should ping Brian (tkrestonva) when these are complete and we can do them in a single pass.

• 4 years later...

First off, let me say that I love these screen shots. But now I have a thousand questions. I'm new here so please forgive me if some of these questions have been answered somewhere else.

I'm going to see if I can open a new thread to discuss the lightsaber.

Ok, the armor has a different trim to it. This is especially noticeable in the upper thighs and cod. Exsposing more black and giving it another shape. Also a more rounded underside to the chest. Should I try to replicate this or would I be penalized in doing so?

In these photos you see only one dropbox and it's grey. In the other HD shots there is also only one box but it's white. Not that I'm complaining, I would rather have two but is this accurate?

More questions to come...

• Ripper_L changed the title to high detail INC screens