Screen used armor at the 1997 Wonderfest convention

Bill

I was wondering if any body has any pictures of the 1997 Wonderfest convention in Kentucky. Because I remember talking to an older gentleman and a young kid there that had set up a booth with what looked like a set of complete TK armor. I remember asking them how much they wanted for it and they said that it wasn’t for sale that they were trying to find some one to make moulds of it for casting.

What made me remember all of this is that I just found out that the film used helmets had a piece of foam and a chin strap in the bucket, and I remember that when I was putting on the helmet that it had it in it to. So if anyone has any pics from this convention or knows anyone who does I would love to see them. Thanks

In that case then it wasn't screen used. None of the real suit's were made in fibreglass or thick plastic so I'm guessing here that it was a cast of an ROTJ screen suit or maybe a TE ROTJ? I'm looking forward to seeing any pics that may turn up :)

If it was a screen cast set that was made of fiberglass, then it was a Cameron Oakley set. I did not make the first Screen copied formed armor until lat in 1997 and the first two sets were sent to Pennsylvania and the third set was sent to Colorado in time for Dragon Con in 1998. All the other sets we did ended up on the west coast. Nothing was sent to the midwest, and we never did chin straps in them either.

Still fun to see the pics, but wasnt one of my sets.

TE