Centurion Requirements : ANH Stunt Discussion

Daetrin

OK troops! This thread is to discuss the proposed Centurion standards below:

http://www.whitearmor.net/home/crl2wip/124_Stormtrooper_ANH_Stunt/content124.xml

Remember the goal is not prop replication, but we are trying to get beyond EI.

Questions? Comments? Post away!

NOTE: please keep mind this is for ANH STUNT, so the requirements for Hero, ESB, etc. may be different.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the brad and two exposed snaps for the crotch strap. small detail, but i think it'd go along with the exposed right side snap... and i dont think a decal would really be the same... but that's just me... :unsure:

on the question about if the boots should be scuffed, i dont think scuffed should be a requirement. and on the one about rivets on the lower leg. i want to say no. otherwise i have no real thoughts for or against the other things asked... looks pretty reasonable to me. :)

Edited by Eric

Ok on this one i'm building a Mr no stripes ok ? (that's cause i want to save money)

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Er...

I am not a TK, but I think that many things that will come out of this could/should apply to the MEPD SWAT standards as well (and will eventually build an ANH TK too)... so, yes, I don't think decals can pass for snaps and rivets.

MHO...

Saludos

On 3/5/2011 at 3:43 AM, Quebectrooper said:

Ok on this one i'm building a Mr no stripes ok ? (that's cause i want to save money)

-------------

We're allowing people to deploy as SWAT on the MEPD without a pack because...

1) you have to already be deployed as a Police Officer... so you'll HAVE the pack...

2) everything else is about mimicking a trooper (ex: pauldron must match blaster much match pack) so why not allow it?

I don't think the TKs are as specific though.

I mean the TDs were really, really obvious that "this one" was "this one."

They were made to be different on purpose by the production team.

The Mr. No-Tube-Stripes (esq.) was just a mistake.

Not the same thing... that's my two credit chits at least. B)

Just a comment on the Side rivets & button. My GML would not clear me until I sent him pictures that I had painted the rivets & button white. I don't know if anyone else has ever been told this, & for me it really was a minor detail to fix. Just a thought.

Also I saw no FX, MRCE/eFX, or ANH v2. Does that mean all other makes of Lids are usable?

Also I saw no FX, MRCE/eFX, or ANH v2. Does that mean all other makes of Lids are usable?

That's a good question.

It may be a thing like, "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 50 and the number isn't 24 or 32."

That doesn't mean it's all the other numbers. ;)

Teeth cutouts vary across the board to just about any combo from 3/3 to 4/5 on original helmets and are not fully exclusive to either hero, or stunt, just generally less on the hero. Get ANH out and oggle your eyes at those frowns. You'll be amazed! :D

My new helmet has nine teeth - thats me out :angry:

Ok here woule be my list of requirements.

Helmet; grey frown,ears and traps, green lens, decent hovi mic tips, black vocoder and between 6-10 teeth.

Torso; shoulder bridges glued at front, free to float at rear with thin white elastic. 6 rivets on left side, single snap on right. crotch rivet and 2 snaps on butt needed. No need for shims to close side gap as this is not accurate.

Belt, canvas belt, leather holster rivited to belt.

Gloves; rubber gloves with latex handplates.

Boots; black chelsea boots painted white.

If you dont use these standards how is this going to be any different from EI? If you have to be EI before applying for this all of the basic and EI standards will already be covered right?

On 3/5/2011 at 4:03 AM, gh05ty said:

Why must it be 4 teeth cut out on the helmet? there were stunts with only 3 I beleive (the Death star "swing" scene the 2 troopers lying on the floor shooting under the door only had 3 per side).

---------------

good eye. i never noticed that before. flat lenses (stunt) with 3 teeth (hero) all in one helmet. next time i watch, i'll have to look at their frowns a lil closer. :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If you have to be EI before applying for this all of the basic and EI standards will already be covered right?

I know that's right...

Helmet; grey frown,ears and traps, green lens, decent hovi mic tips, black vocoder and between 6-10 teeth.

Some had teh full ten!? Wow, you learn something new every day! :D

Torso; shoulder bridges glued at front, free to float at rear with thin white elastic. 6 rivets on left side, single snap on right. crotch rivet and 2 snaps on butt needed. No need for shims to close side gap as this is not accurate.

Belt, canvas belt, leather holster rivited to belt.

Gloves; rubber gloves with latex handplates.

If you dont use these standards how is this going to be any different from EI? If you have to be EI before applying for this all of the basic and EI standards will already be covered right?

With the exception of painted boots, I agree on all points. I think TKboots (or the like) are fair game. CAboots, on the other hand..........

I'd like to remind everyone that:

1) Centurion builds on EIB, so anything required for EIB is required for Centurion.

2) Because EI/Centurion can only build on the 501st standards, if an element is a requirement for 501st standards it must be for EI/Centurion.

3) The goal of Centurion - like EIB - is not strict screen accuracy, prop forgery, or to capture every possible variant of the TK as seen on screen. The intent is to capture the canonical trooper as best we can in a way that is achievable with more effort than EI, but not so much effort as to make it near impossible to achieve.

Thus while not every trooper in ANH had a holster it's a required because of item #2, and Legion standards mandate it just like they mandate a thermal detonator and tube stripes, and thus EI/Centurion must as well. And, it's why Centurion requires 8 teeth cut out because both the EI requires it to be.

Also, it's why side gaps are required because they are for EI. While EI allowed most any time of shim, Centurion being a higher standard should - if it lends itself to higher accuracy - be even more stringent.

Mark, do you know of a place where I can get chelsea boots in a US13? Every place and maker stops at 11 1/2.

Thanks

This program is an excellent idea Paul, but I personally think that you could have another where only screen accuracy is allowed. There are a lot more people out there nowadays that are striving for prop forgery, so maybe it might be a good idea to have another award strictly for the FISD and not specifically the 501st.

There are some things in the 501st EIB requirements that are not screen accurate and therefore go against what we are trying to achieve. Things like the side gaps, no holsters or tube stripes that you have mentioned are all seen on screen and there is no denying they are screen accurate, yet the 501st doesn't allow it.

I realise that this forum ultimately is a 501st board and the Centurian program is aimed at taking your costume to another level which is great, but for the guys who want to go beyond this I think it might be a good idea to have another award for them to aim for.

Just a thought :)