Builders Remorse

Ok everyone.. I really want an honest opinion... I have been building my AM and I went with the overlap not coverstrip method of assembly. Everything looks OK with the exception of the thighs. These dont looke good at all. I have assembled using E6000 so it wouldnt be a huge deal to pry these apart and go back with the coverstrip. Is it would the effort to go all the way back to do it the better looking way? I would love to just pop the thighs apart and do a cover strip on just them, but Im sure that would be just as bad looking. Any thoughts from the masses?

well though you'll naturally get some who'll say cover strip and some that'll say their not too important. a good judged opinion on this matter might require a pic to know what we're working with :P

i know putting mine together, it took a lil while to get them just right to look good. patience comes in handy. lol. but do post a pic or two of them, and that'll help :)

Pics do tend to make it easier...OOps :)

lol. it happens.

i think the over lap is a lil wide. though it might be just fine, i dont think i can be of much help. best i can think of is making the over lap skinnier in the front, making up the difference in the back. i think the strips are only supposed to be 22mm (possibly wrong there though)

but i'd wait until one of the experts chime in before making any definite decisions. sorry i can't be of much help

If they really overlap that much I'd probably pry them apart and trim it so the overlap is closer in size to a cover strip. Though if you're going that far you could also swap to a cover strip.

I'd definitely reduce the front and if necessary make up the difference in the back. Also, I'd go with butt join & cover strips, but I since that's how I built my kit I'm probably biased.

I was kinda leaning toward going back and replacing all of the over laps.. I havent seen anyone say that it wouldnt be worth the effort. I can slap it in reverse.. I want this to be nice when its all said and done.. I think I fell into to that trap of trying to rush for approval so I could get that first troop in.. Im not going to make that one anyway now, so why not go back and do the right thing... :) Thanks everyone...

Edited by Kirby

Yeah man, go back and redo cover strips. If the only thing on them is e6000 it will come apart and it wont ruin your armor, just be careful as you go.

Initially I did the same thing, I overlapped all my joints. Something just did not look/feel right with it, so I took the time to make them cover stripped, and it is the best change I have made to my suit.

As mentioned before, it is totally a personal choice, but I really think TK armor looks much better with strips.

if they bother you, you should totally redo them. Otherwise they'll just keep bothering you.

truer words have never been said. sometimes it might only be just a small minuet detail too. lol ;)