How many tube stripes 11, 12 or 13?

Hey Troops,

I was just wondering if there was a standard on how many blue tube stripes to apply to your bucket?

Cause most of the forums say 13 and all of the decals that come with the kits have 13, but when I look at starwarshelmets.com some of the real helmets had 11 and some of them had 12. I was just curious plus the decals I have for my helmet will fit better if I only use 12.

Thanks,

Curtis :D

Curtis,

I got the AP armor, and there was 13 coming with the kit but I could only fit 11 or 12. After looking at the reference pictures, I decided I could go with 12 (they get closer to the ear but it's more commun than 11.

My 0.02$

Hey Troops,

I was just wondering if there was a standard on how many blue tube stripes to apply to your bucket?

Cause most of the forums say 13 and all of the decals that come with the kits have 13, but when I look at starwarshelmets.com some of the real helmets had 11 and some of them had 12. I was just curious plus the decals I have for my helmet will fit better if I only use 12.

Thanks,

Curtis,

I got the AP armor, and there was 13 coming with the kit but I could only fit 11 or 12. After looking at the reference pictures, I decided I could go with 12 (they get closer to the ear but it's more commun than 11.

My 0.02$

Thanks Bigturc,

I think that config. will look better on my AP bucket to.

You could even go no tube stripes and be "accurate" ("She'll be all right, inform Lord Vader we have a prisoner"), at least as far as one on screen trooper goes.

However, 90% of the buckets I looked at, including the hero's from the film, have 13. In addition, the hero helmet that was on display at the Celebration IV had 13. Now keep in mind they also are a tad smaller in width and length then the ones I have seen for the helmets, so 12 is usually what fits. I am working on doing some new tube strips in the near future that are slightly smaller, to allow for a full 13 to fit on the buckets.

That being said, I don't think there is a set rule. If 12 looks right and 13 looks crowded, I would use 12. My FX deployed hero helmet has 13, but my stunt only has 12, and I personally think my stunt looks better!!!

Again, I think we could spend hours going rounds, and most people could come up with screen shots to prove anything from none to 16, so I say whatever looks best on your bucket; do it!!!

Scott

You could even go no tube stripes and be "accurate" ("She'll be all right, inform Lord Vader we have a prisoner"), at least as far as one on screen trooper goes.

Again, I think we could spend hours going rounds, and most people could come up with screen shots to prove anything from none to 16, so I say whatever looks best on your bucket; do it!!!

Scott

Thanks Scott,

In my opinion I think individuality in everyones armor is what makes your armor exactly that, your own(up to a limit of course) As I've been watching A New Hope more often lately for reference(a lot of pausing) I noticed how different all of the actors armor were from one another. Plus your friends can spot you better in a crowd :duim:

Curtis

C4 Hero had 11 on the left and 12 on the right (as you look at it).

Doug

Thanks for that. I had frontal pictures only, and I think I was losing count trying to zoom in to much. Thanks for the clarification.