EOTK RT-MOD Build

After sitting on this project for far too long, I'm finally getting back into my RT-MOD build from last spring. Seemed like a name change was appropriate. Apologies for not posting box and parts photos--seems a bit anticlimactic now.

So, my friend Ripcode came over today to help me with a tape fitting, and I'm really pleased with the results. (I'm especially happy that there is a 1.5" overlap on the sides!) I'm thinking that I don't really have to trim anything. The biceps are probably the part with the most room in them (maybe a fingers worth), but this seems like it's a good thing to prevent bites and allow for flexing.

The forearms might need a small piece of foam to prevent turning, but my gloves will help with that too. Though my arms look skinny at the elbows, the meat part actually fills the armor. Wait, did I just call my arm meat? Sorry, looks like the right calf armor didn't survive the trip up the stairs. Oops!

I would love to hear feedback or insights anyone might have. Thanks for looking!

Front view:

duct_tape-front.jpg

Back view:

duct_tape-back.jpg

EDIT: Changed links.

Edited by EOTK

well i'm no RT expert, but seems like you're missing your drop boxes, plastic part of the belt, and your thigh battery pack. :P haha. nah, looks great man. deff off to a good start. how tall are you?

well i'm no RT expert, but seems like you're missing your drop boxes, plastic part of the belt, and your thigh battery pack. :P haha. nah, looks great man. deff off to a good start. how tall are you?

LOL! Well, the belt and battery pack need some bending before they can go on, but I have no excuse on the drop boxes though. ;)

I'm just under 6' 2", so maybe a little tall for a Stormtrooper. :unsure:

LOL! Well, the belt and battery pack need some bending before they can go on, but I have no excuse on the drop boxes though. ;)

I'm just under 6' 2", so maybe a little tall for a Stormtrooper. :unsure:

lol. yeah the bending isn't something you wanna rush. made that mistake myself on my battery pack. IF by chance you crack it. i have a cool mod that worked well for me. i dont know where it's posted in my threads somewhere, but if you'd like pics, i'll post them here for ya... some said it's not screen accurate, but i liked the look more actually and it sure beet having to find replacement parts. haha. besides. mine is AM so i just used the excuse i'm more fan sculpt that screen accurate anyways :P

meh, might be a little tall, but at least you'll never hear "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" blink.gif god i hate hearing that. and im 6' without the boots lifting me and the helmet. i never woulda guessed i'd hear that line that much.... but i hear it almost every time i'm out. unless mike is suited with me. he's shorter than me... lol. i like having him there if for no other reason, so that he hears it n not me. haha laugh.gif

RT is a big troopers good friend, and the suit looks well fitted. I agree, time for glue :)

Q: "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

A: "Aren't you a little bald for a wookie?"

I'm 6'5" and thinking about RT-MOD for my armor as I save my pennies. From my laytrooper's perspective the thighs and shins are really far apart... so before I forget this thread exist when I get my armor and want to ask... is there anything a taller trooper can do about that? Or will that be fixed once everything is strapped?

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

RT is a big troopers good friend, and the suit looks well fitted. I agree, time for glue :)

Wow, thanks Daetrin!

I'm 6'5" and thinking about RT-MOD for my armor as I save my pennies. From my laytrooper's perspective the thighs and shins are really far apart... so before I forget this thread exist when I get my armor and want to ask... is there anything a taller trooper can do about that? Or will that be fixed once everything is strapped?

Hey Eric--yeah, I agree they are far apart. Dunno, maybe I could lower the thighs some to split the difference.