Keep the return and additional trimming?

Kirby

Well I think im am getting a little closer to the finish line.. I have been running into some issues test fitting the thighs before I start trying to glue(Ill save that question for another post) and I realized that I had some questions on the cod and but plates... Should I keep the lower returns on these? and should any of the connecting plastic be trimmed I doubt anything needs to come off the butt plate, but I was thinking the code didnt have anything and was rounded?

DNNZnvJ.jpg

Neither of the cod or butt piece "returns" (marked with circles in your pic) are supposed to be there. They are supposed to be connected with an elastic strap instead.

Pardon the crude paint job.... Basically this set up?

DNNZnvJ.jpg

I knew about the straps just couldnt figure out how much to leave to attach..

I wish I was able to use my old computer, I had something already bookmarked regarding pretty much every question I have been asking lately, but now that I am seriously building I cant seem to find all the ones I found previously ... :angry: oh well thankfully I have everyone here to keepp me going in the right direction....

Be careful cutting the butt plate. The AM but does not curve under the butt as much as screen accurate armor, thats why the tab is there. If you cut it off where you indicated you will need to heat up and bend the butt plate under.

Be careful cutting the butt plate. The AM but does not curve under the butt as much as screen accurate armor, thats why the tab is there. If you cut it off where you indicated you will need to heat up and bend the butt plate under.

So does about an inch or so back from where I marked leave a little more room for the "curve?"

You can leave an inch and attach your snaps there or do the screen look and cut it off / bend it. You can see mine here

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020