VT Armor Build... Let the Build Begin!

Holy Crap!! My armour arrived today ( ahead of schedule ) and i have to say i am just as terrified as i am excited. So many pieces!! So far i have dumped the box and arranged the pieces as best i could in what little space i have. I was please how thick the armour actually is. I'm a little nervous about where to cut. Most lines are visible but some are not. I started removing some of the flash with a hefty pair of scissors but stopped after my thumb started throbbing. It seemed to work ok but I'll probably go and look for a proper cutting tool. Let the build begin! I'll be posting pictures as i go along.

can't wait to see the pics man. :) that's a great feeling when you lay out all of the pieces for the first time. cool.gif

dont hesitate to ask for help while building. we're here for ya man :)

Take some pictures and post them here!! VT is indeed a sweet armor, I got a VT lid it and makes my AM armor look helluva lot bettercool.gif

164761_1827644053783_1320756753_32050408_5837904_n.jpg

Edited by BananoPower22

whats the best way ( size, format etc. to post pictures?)

me, i just take a pic with my iphone and post them to photobucket and then put the image link in the post box, if done right it'll post the pics directly without anyone having to click anything or go through any links... plus their not too big.

that's a great pic you took. impressive grouping of armor. i'm not familiar with VT too well myself, but they seem nice :) good luck with your build.

I take a pic with my camera, upload to photobucket and I need to resize to 640x480.

Which parts are you having trouble with working out where to cut? post a pic and we can tell you then.

I use a stanley knife to cut my armour. Score the amour a few times and then bend and snap it off.

If you have enough excess, you can then use it for shims.

Hey Jamie, congratz on your kit!

Basic tools needed for your build: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11760

Measure 4 times, cut once... ;) Have fun with your build! don't hesitate to post questions, we are happy to help.

whats the best way ( size, format etc. to post pictures?)

As for posting pix on the forum, just use an image host site like photobucket.. Here is a link to help you with posting the images: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10747

Take lots of pix!! smiley_camera.gif:dancing-trooper:

man i'm having a real hard time posting descent pictures. i really had to make these tiny.... almost not worth posting

BTW, make the image as large as you can. After you upload your pix to Photobucket, the IMG insert or the (IMG code from photobucket) will make it easier to post large pix here... :duim:

I'm working on this kit as well. It's tough because a lot of the cut lines are not-so-visible. I've made a few sloppy mistakes along the way but have also learned a lot just in case I decide to purchase replacement parts and try again down the road...

One thing I am really striving for with my build is not so much screen accuracy in construction, but to be sure that the armor fits my body nice and snug. I've seen many armor sets that fit far too loose on the person and it looks just plain silly.

• 2 months later...