good deal?

I wanted some armor but due to the fact I am technilogically challenged, I found one that is pre built FX kit, with fans, speaker system, and vented nose for 1600 bucks. Also comes with under aromor, neck cover, blaster, holster, gloves, boots, and pauldron. Is this a rip off or decent price?

but due to the fact I am technilogically challenged

That is the key element here. For starters you have to still run down all the other parts even if you get a cheaper set of armor. The guy might have a grand into this kit, depends on the sound system, boots and pauldron. Pluss the guys time. You also have to ask what shape the armor is in. Has it been trooped in more than it should have been. FX isn't the best for everybody either. you might want to compare brands before purchase.

If you don't have the skills to build one and no one here gives you a better deal, then go for it.

That is the key element here. For starters you have to still run down all the other parts even if you get a cheaper set of armor. The guy might have a grand into this kit, depends on the sound system, boots and pauldron. Pluss the guys time. You also have to ask what shape the armor is in. Has it been trooped in more than it should have been. FX isn't the best for everybody either. you might want to compare brands before purchase.

If you don't have the skills to build one and no one here gives you a better deal, then go for it.

Yeah, there are ALOT of questions that you have to answer when purchasing armor...like what is the make of this armor? what is your body build? how tall are you? what was the build for the guy selling this armor? I know you are in a hurry to buy some white armor, but if you take the faster route you could be paying for it later...you say you are not savy with prop building, then what are you going to do if you have to mod this armor to fit you? You most likely are not going to get a made to fit set of armor, we all have different sized forearms, legs, shoulders, mid-section, and heads...I am just trying to get you thinking about all these items before you shell out that much money for something that may not be right for you in the long run... ;)

You have some very good points Bernard, and a wise man would heed them.

I know a couple of troopers that went through 'Got Armor' for custom built suits and still had to mod them to fit better.

I think that thread enlightened a lot of soon to be troopers. I almost went that rout untill I found a kit, which is a whole lot funner. In hindsight I would not have obtained an FX, but at that time I had no way of knowing the difference in kits.

Also, the other fun thing about putting your own set of armor together, its the fact that it is YOUR armor and YOURS alone...no other armor will fit you like the set you assembled yourself! :D;)