HWT-Radio

This may be a case of putting the cart before the horse, but I like to plan ahead. I plan on doing double duty after I finish my TK I would like to also attempt a HWT. I have had issues trying to register on MEPD with my current name, so does anyone have the contact info for crashman? From what I have heard he is the one to go to for the radio... Thanks

I have ran into this issue before, I signed up on MEPD.net and wanted to sign up here too. The link for the passport site did not work so I ended up making another account with the same information (I think I had to change my email though). Hope this helps.

I too make the sonix victory radio faceplate here is mine. I dont supply the large knob it is made by a guy named Voodoo. I do make the 2 small knobs. PM sent with more details.

100_2362.jpg.06b96de00809f91ace96ec950257f076.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

On 2/21/2011 at 12:21 PM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

uh... a radio on an hwt?

Yes, a radio.

Here is a screen cap of an HWT pack...

HWT_3D_rendering___back-1.jpg.f262708c4016f9ea66a1d4a6ec0680d1.jpg

And here is a close up of the radio...

HWT_3D_rendering___back-1-2.jpg.f2852ae1a3874f6cebf32381798e86c0.jpg

Crashmann doesn't make that, but a Sonix Replica off the TD pack is acceptable.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

This may be a case of putting the cart before the horse, but I like to plan ahead. I plan on doing double duty after I finish my TK I would like to also attempt a HWT. I have had issues trying to register on MEPD with my current name, so does anyone have the contact info for crashman? From what I have heard he is the one to go to for the radio... Thanks

Message me what your MEPD login is (should be) and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Don't need to send your password... I'll reset it if I have to and tell you...

But the whole "cross login" rarely works (if that's all your trying).

You should try — again, if you've not already done this — creating an account with your email and the login you want.

Or message me, like I said, and I'll help out. :salute:

I dont think it's supposed to be a radio just what people call it. I am not familiar with the HWT so I posted with what he was asking about but I think going with a more accurate scratchbuild would be better. Mind you I'd love to sell you one but the pack would look much better with the right parts.

On 2/21/2011 at 1:14 PM, Quartermaster said:

Yes, a radio.

Here is a screen cap of an HWT pack...

And here is a close up of the radio...

Crashmann doesn't make that, but a Sonix Replica off the TD pack is acceptable.

Im not sure how I haven't seen this screen cap before. The HWT backpack is much simpler. Looks like it doesnt have the mortar stand, the cistern part or the regular radio. Thinking this one would be the best build route to take..

Im not sure how I haven't seen this screen cap before. The HWT backpack is much simpler. Looks like it doesnt have the mortar stand, the cistern part or the regular radio. Thinking this one would be the best build route to take..

be sure to look through all the post in the HWT section.. there is a lot of new photos and hopefully more to come :D

If you look at the HWT you'll see they simplified a lot just due to resolution issues. I'd think that an MEPD pack is actually preferred as if they had better technology I'm sure that's what they'd have gone after. My $.02 on that...

be sure to look through all the post in the HWT section.. there is a lot of new photos and hopefully more to come :D

Thats the plan... I will go back and look at what all I have somehow overlooked.. as well as look for the new updates... Thanks