Smitty's E-11 Build 2011

This all started when I found a 38mm steel pipe. I got my hands on a destroyed British Sterling SMG and rebuilt it substituting the steel pipe for the destroyed reciever. I maintained the deactivation by sealing off the magazine from the chamber with a steel wall so nothing in the magazine can make it to the chamber and firing pin has been removed. The rest of it is fully funtional. You can swap mags, deploy the stock, Select Safe/Semi/Full automatic, it clicks when you pull the trigger. You can cycle the action and yes it's fully field strippable. All mig welded joints, all steel contruction and weighs a flippin ton! I have an authentic M39 scope to crown it

ALL NEW PICS ADDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!!!

DEMO VIDEO ADDED ALSO!!!!

Edited by Smitty

A Run? Undecided at this point. I absolutely have to get a welder for my home shop. I can't do a run from my shop at work. We are getting too regulated at work so Work like this I'd have to do at home.

Jesse, you were pretty much my inspiration to get started. I had been toying with the idea of ordering an APEX kit and when I saw your build I ordered a kit right away. I have a real hengstler Eagle Counter in my possession but it belongs to my friend Jeremy that owns the first blaster I ever built CS-1. He wants me to put it on that. I gotta try to talk him out of that.

Mark, the back end of the blaster was the most stressfull. I examined 3 different ways of mating the back portion to my tube and decided that just a straight perpendicular cross section cut on both parts would be the easiest and most structurally sound. Now the imortant part is measurement so that your stock will lock in the deployed position. I kept test fitting all the parts and trimming a millimeter edge off the reciever. Wash, Rinse, repeat until you think youve got it. Mate up the two parts and use a welder to lightly tack it in 3 places around the tube. This will hold it together for a gentle test run of the stock. If it does not work no big deal. You just grind off the tacks and use a cutter wheel to separate the rest of the tacks. A little dremel clean up in those 3 spots and you're ready to try it again. Trim off another millimeter and re tack it again for another test run. Now its important to note that when mating the two parts you are forced to line up your cocking slots. For some reason my templates from BBC (the 1.5 inch plans) didnt match up perfectly resulting my rear sight and butt cap slightly twisted from the rest of the reciever. Once the scope's on there it will be unnoticeable. But anyway, once you are comfortable that your stock deploys and collapses the way you like run your bead around the reciever. You can clean up all your beads with a fine grit flapper wheel and this wonderful stuff I found. Its a metallic bondo called plastic metal. It was hanging on a peg right beside the red tube of bondo everyone uses on helmets.

You can also use a dremel to mill out the grooves on the reciever where the butt cap attaches so that your buttcap travels about 2 millimeters further back. This will help out ALOT if your stock locking alignment isn't perfect. 100_2429.JPG

Edited by Smitty

all I ask is that you make the finish simulate the parkerized style.

smooth is what people usually do, and we all know that bumpy is best!!!

nice job on assembly!

I'm right behind you guys with this type of gun!!!

and I have 3 eagle hengstlers to go on a run of 3!

all we need now are some scopes!

awwww :( my antivirus wont let me see the photos.. the photo hosting site is labled as malware :unsure:

I get the same message when I try to view my pics from work. I use fileden for my hosting. Ive been using it for several years now. There's no malware on the site but for some reason it triggers that message on some systems :(

• 4 months later...

Well I finished it this morning. Before I say another word I am stating for the record that yes I know the paint job is jacked up. It looked great after I sprayed it and the next day it had wrinkled up severely breaking my heart in the process. The pictures show the extent of the wrinkling. I certainly hate that it happened but oh well. I have fixed my file serving issue so without further delay here are the pics.

100_3682.JPG

100_3683.JPG

100_3684.JPG

100_3685.JPG

100_3686.JPG

Well done! :D

I'd love to see it up close, if for no other reason than to get a feel for how much they really do weigh. Any chance at all you'll be bringing it to DragonCon this year?