Bang for your buck

I think the best amp for the price is Jim's Aker voice amps. They are cost effective, loud and very good quality / service. You can find them in the buy and sell section.

Ā 

I second this recommendation. I use this amp for all of my costumes. Loud enough at a noisy con and little to no feedback. Id highly recommend them, and Jim, great guy to work with! I have mine mounted in my chestplate. Contrary to what some people seem to think, it seems the sound is coming from the helmet when its mounted in the chestplate. Most people dont know exactly where the sound is coming from!

I've got one as well. I agree, it's the biggest bang for the buck. My only recommendation is to keep the volume moderate. The higher the volume, the better chance you'll get feedback. I also have mine behind my chest armor.

Yep! Got myself one of the Jim's Aker Amps as well!! Along with his Wireless mic set, his PTT cable, and an iPod with the 501st Legion Stormtrooper Loop mp3 connected to the line-in on the speaker. Definitely well worth it!!

Ā 

LaterDays,

- Berban

Yep! Got myself one of the Jim's Aker Amps as well!! Along with his Wireless mic set, his PTT cable, and an iPod with the 501st Legion Stormtrooper Loop mp3 connected to the line-in on the speaker. Definitely well worth it!!

Ā 

LaterDays,

- Berban

Ā 

The what??? Where can I hear this loop?

i talked to Jim about the aker amps, but he also recommended a "static burst" card. I think he said that they're like 50-100 bucks, so i'm wondering if theres a cheaper static burst card out there. i dont want to cheap out but without a job it's hard to come across money.