Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
angryjason

Jason's ANH E-11 Build

Recommended Posts

I've been working on my E-11 for a while now, but wasn't happy with the way it was progressing. I was having trouble with getting the seams out. I bought a couple more hasbros to try some different techniques out on. My idea was separate the 2 halves, then put them back together with Tenax-7R to completely get rid of the seams. I started that tonight, but then decided to remove the extra t-track while I had the gun taken apart. That went well, but I sensed that sanding the base down would be a chore, so I figured I'd get it started with the dremel. Disaster struck - I sanded a hole in the plastic. Then, I decided to go ahead and see if I could obscure the hole by just drilling a vent hole there. DISASTER! I'm thinking this one should just be tossed in the garbage masher.

 

Blaster - Hole Problem

 

Here it is up close

 

Holey Mess - Close

 

Here is my first blaster that I've been working on. I'm happy with the screw holes, but not very happy with the seams. Should I just continue with this one, trying some other method for the vent holes, or go for blaster #3, sitting peacefully in the box?

 

 

Original Build

 

Original Build - Screw Holes

 

I tried linking the photos directly, but the board software didn't like that, so I apologize for the hyperlinks. Still feeling my way around here.

 

Thanks for looking. Hope to have better news to report once I figure out how to proceed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jason! Glad to see you made it to the boards. You should try to meet up with some of us at an event soon. It may be better to see some finished products in person to get a feel for things. Just a thought. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hawkeye - thanks for the suggestion. Would you be referring to the Dremel sanding drum bit, or the conical grinder bit? I think what I'm going to do is trash the "holey mess", but get some use out of it by practicing the t-track removal and hole cutting on the other side to make sure I have it right. From there, I'll continue on with my first build (the filled holes approach) and see if I'm comfortable with it's progress. I think I just "went on tilt" last night when I realized I burned through the blaster plastic. Rather than thinking it through, I tried to rush to a fix, which was met with ugly results. Admittedly, that is one area I really need to get under control before my tk arrives.

 

@Evolver - I've seen a great deal up close and personal through Celebration V and other cons throughout the years, but I'm always open and eager to see more. I see Con Nooga is going on this weekend, but haven't seen any mention of the GA Garrison being involved. Not a huge deal, as I'm looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend at home, and don't think I'll be making the trip to Tennessee. I may be looking in the wrong place on the garrison boards, but don't see any events on the 2011 calendar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Evolver - I've seen a great deal up close and personal through Celebration V and other cons throughout the years, but I'm always open and eager to see more. I see Con Nooga is going on this weekend, but haven't seen any mention of the GA Garrison being involved. Not a huge deal, as I'm looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend at home, and don't think I'll be making the trip to Tennessee. I may be looking in the wrong place on the garrison boards, but don't see any events on the 2011 calendar.

 

I'm trying to go, but I won't know until tomorrow. There are a few going from GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back to my first gun after practicing getting rid of t-racks and drilling vent holes. Last night, I got rid of the t-rack, and it went very well. Sanding the area was arduous, but ultimately, it came out nice and smooth. Doopy's kit came in today, and I was eager to see it all in action, so I got back to work on the blaster. I used a conical grinding bit and the holes came out very well. Just a little touch up work, and I think it's ready to go.

 

I've gone ahead and put the Doopy kit pieces on to get an idea, and it sure is looking like a real blaster.

 

Here are some pics

 

Front view

 

Vent Holes! Vindication!

 

Wide view

 

Tomorrow, I need to fix the back of the scope. For some reason, I thought this was to be torn off, and replaced with a piece from Doopy's kit. Alas, I was confused. So, it's off for a makeshift replacement to fix that cap. Then, it's primer time. Good Emperor willing and the creeks don't rise, this recruit may have a blaster by the end of the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...