Bluey's TM 1.5mm ESB TK Build[*TM]

I wear a 32 waist in US jeans.

I weigh 195 lbs right now.

That's the thing too... I've gone from 260 to 195, so in another year I'll probably be at 185 (at least) and will fit it even better.

All the more reason not to shim.

And all the other parts fit me amazingly!!! The legs, trimmed to "spec" and arms, and all.

The TE2 armor I have is opposite.

The ab and kidney close without a problem, but the legs and arms (biceps is what I mean by "arms") needed some shimming to fit.

Hope that helps.

I wear a 32 waist in US jeans.

I weigh 195 lbs right now.

That's the thing too... I've gone from 260 to 195, so in another year I'll probably be at 185 (at least) and will fit it even better.

All the more reason not to shim.

And all the other parts fit me amazingly!!! The legs, trimmed to "spec" and arms, and all.

The TE2 armor I have is opposite.

The ab and kidney close without a problem, but the legs and arms (biceps is what I mean by "arms") needed some shimming to fit.

Hope that helps.

That info helps a lot! :)

I think if you are a 32" waist then the side gap will disappear once you fasten your belt. I'm a 34" waist and don't have a gap ;)

I wondered about that...

Thanks again! :salute:

Iam 35 inch waist , so when iam wearing my TM i have about half inch side gap thats on my 1mm TM suit but iam totaly cool with that because it is how some of the origanal troopers were , on my 2mm TM i left half inch excess on the kidney plate so i had no gap purley for EIB , i am on a diet but its blody hard i like my beer to much :pint1: but i will get down to 32 inch waist and when i do i can cut the excess of the kidney plate :)

• Like 1

You were right, Paul.

If I wore my belt tight I could close the gaps. I like it lose... I like "that much" of a gap. It's more comfortable too. B)

(again, sorry for the "in-the-dirty-shed-mirror with-the-iPhone" photos) :P

tm_fitting_6.jpg

tm_fitting_7.jpg

I thought this might be fun... ;)

tm_fitting_6_labeled.jpg

1. One half of my company sign (Park East) from Missouri. It hangs on the inside of the shed door... and I still own the company, just in NM now.
  2. Star Wars bobble heads that my 19 month old daughter, Scottlyn, plays with while I'm working on armor.
  3. My new AKER amp and iCOMM static burst box.
  4. My first sandtrooper pack (what's left of it) built by Rick "DIrty Boy" Bates. He agrees, it wasn't very good... but back then (1+ years ago) we thought it was AWESOME!
  5. The white epoxy appliance paint I used to paint my TE2 armor. Rubbery goodness!
  6. Box my canvas belts (one of which I'm wearing in the pic) from TKittell.
  7. One of the many random stormtrooper toys people have given me that I have hidden through-out the shed.
  8. The hanging straps of my current sandtrooper back-pack... which IS, in fact, very awesome! It hangs next to the mirror.
  9. The unattached straps which attach my chest plate to my ab plate.
  10. My stormtrooper iPhone case... curtosey of my beautiful and wonderful wife, Celeste.

Everyone should also note that Bluey's taking pictures in a mirror so the gaps would be in reverse. Just saying for accuracys sake. î„… seriously though, it's coming along so nice!

• 3 months later...

Here... it... is... B)

100_5129-150x150.jpg 100_5133-150x150.jpg 100_5136-150x150.jpg 100_5140-150x150.jpg

100_5141-150x150.jpg 100_5146-150x150.jpg 100_5147-150x150.jpg 100_5149-150x150.jpg

I have more pictures that I'll submit for Elite and Centurion, but I want to get 501st approved first and get other feedback on these here first as well.

So... what cha think?!

(And yes, I do know I need to scuff the boots.) ;)

Oh... one more thing/gush... another big "Thank you!" to TM for all the years, money, time, money, sweat, blood (& tears?), you spent (and money) making this so I can stand in front of my garage and feel like a kid again.

(I never stopped feeling that way to be honest.) :D

Really nice looking armour, just love watching nice builds like this come to life! Man i wish i could save up for an other TM armour. But it will take years before that happen i am afraid.

nice job!~

Hi praise from you, bro! Thanks! :D

Really nice looking armour, just love watching nice builds like this come to life! Man i wish i could save up for an other TM armour. But it will take years before that happen i am afraid.

Thanks!

And you CAN save up for it! I did. ;)

That's a nice lookin' ESB trooper you have there, Mr. Bluey!

The only detail I'd consider redoing are the ab buttons, those look a little too "free-handed" if you don't mind me saying so.