Tk 9025 Requesting TK Commander EIB[151][MC]

The armor is produced by a maker called MC.

It uses the GF molds, and isn't a recast.

It's built in .90 gauge ABS

The lenses are a dark green lens

The Lightsaber is the silver/black version of the

Starkiller saber as in the in game shots.

(blaster is being redone and torn apart but, is a

Hasbro with all modifications)

Trim has been added as in the new game references

Black ear markings have been added as well as the fifth

button. Oh also did the drop boxes 2 shades lighter gray then the

ear gray.

The camera elongated some of the pictures for some reason so,

my head and bucket look a little long in some of them. We

took a bunch and it kept doing it. Sorry.

So, here are the pictures:

DSC00168-2.jpgDSC00173-2.jpgMeEIB.jpgDSC00176-1.jpgDSC00178.jpgDSC00180.jpgDSC00186-1.jpgDSC00168-2.jpgDSCF1019.jpg

Edited by Amptrooper

wow!! you did that fast!! and the extra details really look nice. its just my personal opinion but if using a lightsaber for a primary weapon i would loose the holster for a more screen accurate look.. i also need a close up photo of the lightsaber.

just one small fix i can see that needs to be made

the shoulder straps should bridge the gap between the chest/back plates

cor1.jpg

the shoulder strap can not be seen in this photo

cor2.jpg

it appears a minor strapping adjustment is needed ;)

does the lightsaber have a blade?? because you need a good action shot as well :D it would be a first!!

Darn! I hooked the shoulder straps to the second setting! Makes it VERY large! I thought it all felt like it was sagging but my buddy taking the pictures said it looked great! :P Okay, I will get those here in a bit. The saber does not have a blade YET. Currently working on it to make it the first (that I know of) RGB Starkiller saber. I want to keep the holster as I will have the blaster and saber when trooping and for future shots but if I need to remove it for EIB status I will. Updates coming very soon!

i would make it removable if it were me, if you are going for game model accuracy..but it is currently allowable in the CRL and EI. in conjunction with a lightsaber the holster takes away from the look of the costume, that is just my personal opinion.

Looks great! Love all the little details. For clarification, the lightsaber is not a required element, but if you wear one is must match the one approved by the LMO:

From the CRL:

125_24.jpg

Love the boot stuff! :lol: Now let me tell you where you can stick the boot!!! ;):lol::lol::lol::blink::lol:

Well, according the standards for the TK Commander it says that the light saber must be per game reference. The McQuarrie saber is not a game model. That would be the Starkiller as in the screen shot reference pictures wouldn't it? To avoid this confusion I may just wait till my blaster is done and resubmit.

Thanks y'all! Again, love the boot jokes! :lol:

Oh, I have the shin for that leg if it needs to be seen for approval.

i have plenty of refrences of the game model lightsaber.. is only the concept one approved? i misunderstood the CRL as well because the game itself has an entierly different design

force unleased 1 reference (similar to a garaflex)

Starkiller__s_Lightsaber_by_Cascador.jpg

force unleashed 2 reference

StarkillerLightsaberConceptArt.jpg

Actually Corey you may be right. Mason - do we have good caps from the game? The EI says:

"* A white light saber based off of the video game reference may be carried in lieu of an E-11.

* An SE-14R in lieu of an E-11 may be carried."

I think it was due to what the LMO approved based on the sabers done to date, and also that I don't think we really scrutinized the screen caps.

Mason - I'll back your call either way.

FWIW, the CRL white lightsaber applies only to the ANH Stunt. The TCK CRL is still being written/sent for approval, so this is as good a time as any to hash out what is:

1) Based approved (501st acceptable)

2) Must have for EI (and thus a should have for 501st acceptance)

3) Should have for EI (for those that demand ultimate accuracy)

for TKC and other EU variants from TFU should follow the game models as closely as possible

either a garaflex type as seen on screen (resembles a ANH ESB luke saber)

Image9.jpg

or this model from the force unleased 2 concept art

StarkillerLightsaberConceptArt.jpg

how does this sound?

1) Based approved : any Graflex based lightsaber.

2) Must have for EI :ANH/ESB Luke Skywalker or Graflex type lighsaber that resembles that seen in the game

3) Should have for EI: custom modified lightsaber to match the game references as closly as possible.

i only used the luke's anh/esb saber because it is easily obtained, where starkiller TFU sabers are only custom made as far as i know

sound good? perhaps a saber expert could chime in :D

I am using this Starkiller saber. This is the more common one that is associated with the game. The first Force Unleashed had the saber with the copper bands on it but the newer versions seem to leave out the bands so , I have gutted it, removed the bands, adding to the crystal chamber and turning it into an RGB saber and the sound will change when it is switched to red for a nice Sith sound font!

Here are the images:

DSC04235.jpgDSC04233.jpgDSC04232.jpgDSC04225.jpgDSC04224.jpg

As this is the common Starkiller saber and happens to be the sabers name I would say this is the saber for a TKC and the McQuarrie saber would be able to be used for ANH. THat is just my thoughts as a sabersmith.

that is just beautiful.. can you buy like a cheaper FX version? or is it all custom? i want one lol :P

also do you think any Graflex should be allowed for a base requirement like i posted above? it is more common? i found one starkiller saber on the bay but its like 500$ it looks like a pretty hard item to get :(

so do you think this looks better

1) Based approved : any Graflex based lightsaber (ANH/ESB Luke Skywalker saber or similar).

2) Must have for EI : Starkiller saber or modified Graflex or custom type lighsabers that resemble those seen in the games

3) Should have for EI: Starkiller lightsaber to match the game references as closely as possible.

may also carry 2 lightsabers*

i only used the luke's anh/esb saber because it is easily obtained as a base, where starkiller TFU sabers are only custom made as far as i know

that is just beautiful.. can you buy like a cheaper FX version? or is it all custom? i want one lol :P

also do you think any Graflex should be allowed for a base requirement like i posted above? it is more common? i found one starkiller saber on the bay but its like 500$ it looks like a pretty hard item to get :(

so do you think this looks better

1) Based approved : any Graflex based lightsaber (ANH/ESB Luke Skywalker saber or similar).

2) Must have for EI : Starkiller saber or modified Graflex or custom type lighsabers that resemble those seen in the games

3) Should have for EI: Starkiller lightsaber to match the game references as closly as possible.

i only used the luke's anh/esb saber because it is easily obtained as a base, where starkiller TFU sabers are only custom made as far as i know

Works for me. Corey - what do you think? Anyone one else have thoughts?

Well, I have to tell you from a Full time Sabersmiths point of view the Graflex saber and the Starkiller have so many differences that one could never pass for the other or even be in relation to. Of course the SK takes several designs from a Graflex but still is it's own saber. I would be afraid of say, dumbing it down too much for EIB status. So, I agree that for a base acceptance sure. But, into the EIB then it should be from the game. This saber is actually rather easy to make. I am looking into making a kit that you can by from me that you would be able to use with say a Force FX Lightsaber Construction kit. Very easy to find on ebay for $100 or less.

THere are usually a bunch on ebay. Just slow right now as ALL the sabersmiths are slam busy! Usually you can pick up a decent (not top of the line but not too bad either) SK for just under $300. Fair price. Personally, I would say for a TKC that it should be any Force Unleashed saber OR the McQuarrie saber. But, you should have to show the visual reference for the game saber. That would be my thoughts on it. Yes, the saber is fully custom and Hasbro FX has already been approached with a Force Unleashed saber line and they turned it down. So, we will not be seeing a mass produced TFU saber any time soon. I for one and glad as I do not think they would do this saber justice.

We do have a guy at the IRA who makes amazing PVC sabers and he dose a mean Starkiller! Here is a link to a bunch of his stuff (his name is Darth Midian): http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=8

Edited by Amptrooper

Here are my thoughts on the TKC saber matter.

I own four original Graflex that I have mod into Luke's saber ANH and the different variants of of his ESB saber, so I am not a newbie when it comes to luke's Jedi weapon. As for the Starkiller Saber to the Luke's Graflex. In short, the Starkiller is more like Luke's ESB verison, with a longer hilt, without the T-tracks and a few grebblies added to it with some copper scheme.

So for the CRL, someone could use the Luke ESB Saber, but state: Luke's ESB lightsaber (MR/Hasbro) are discouraged but allowed. Just like the TK CRL states about the Hasbro blasters.

As for the EI, "Must Have" Starkiller saber or modified Graflex or customized FX lighsabers that resemble those seen in the games.

Should have for EI: Starkiller lightsaber to match the game references as closly as possible.

And the FISD should be able to give a list of parts and a link to the site where someone can get it. Plus a tutorial/blueprint on how to build the Starkiller Saber to make it helpful to the members striving to have their TKC saber accurate and to help make it consistent for the costume.

that looks better Tom :icon_bow:

perhaps in the case of the EU crl's in general a added note as well?

other weapon/accessories may be acceptable if references are provided before EI submission..

unlike the movie canon the EU can always change through added game content/DLC unknown numbers of sequels and spin-offs

while the EU is known as the expanded universe a better term would be the expanding universe

Here are my thoughts on the TKC saber matter.

I own four original Graflex that I have mod into Luke's saber ANH and the different variants of of his ESB saber, so I am not a newbie when it comes to luke's Jedi weapon. As for the Starkiller Saber to the Luke's Graflex. In short, the Starkiller is more like Luke's ESB verison, with a longer hilt, without the T-tracks and a few grebblies added to it with some copper scheme.

So for the CRL, someone could use the Luke ESB Saber, but state: Luke's ESB lightsaber (MR/Hasbro) are discouraged but allowed. Just like the TK CRL states about the Hasbro blasters.

As for the EI, "Must Have" Starkiller saber or modified Graflex or customized FX lighsabers that resemble those seen in the games.

Should have for EI: Starkiller lightsaber to match the game references as closly as possible.

And the FISD should be able to give a list of parts and a link to the site where someone can get it. Plus a tutorial/blueprint on how to build the Starkiller Saber to make it helpful to the members striving to have their TKC saber accurate and to help make it consistent for the costume.

Yeah, that sound good I think. Especially like the "discouraged" as it should be

something close to the game. Since the sabers in the game really are not very common sabers it is not a bad idea to allow but discourage the Luke ESB like you stated.

Anywho, if you need any help with a tutorial, diagrams and parts list etc., let me know. I would be glad to pitch in.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my computer is back up and running so, here are the pictures of my shoulder straps at the right setting. I had them set to the second button in the first picture and that is very large so it was not fitting right. I have to tell you at first, I didn't really like the look of all the updates but they are quickly growing on me. And that is good because they are stuck on my armor! :D

Also is a picture of the blaster. I decided not to use my Hasbro and went with the Smitty Blaster.

I should have more pictures of the lightsaber Friday or Saturday.

DSCF1045.jpgDSCF1044.jpgDSCF1046.jpgDSCF1049.jpgDSCF1048.jpgDSCF1047.jpg

Hopefully this will get the EIB!! ;):D

Edited by Amptrooper

very nice!! you really went the extra mile adding all the new details :D i have to say all of your hard work really shows and you are the first video game version TKC applicant KUDOS!!!

and with that you are approved!! :salute:

excellent work!!!