Gold Coin on ebay :-((((

Turrican

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted I'm new to this forum but not to the Legion. A thought .... being in military some of the coins that we receive are actually numbered to track who the owner/recipient is. This came to mind as the one that I was given last week was a numbered coin. The Gold EIB coin is great form of recognition to those who reach that level. While it might raise the cost of the coins some, accountability would be assured in the future. B)

Good call John - I'll check on the costs to have the next batch numbered for this reason. It was just inconceivable at the time we did the first run that someone would do this.

Wonder if there would be a huge difference ($$$)in just getting our Legion Id number in the coins??? or if a sequencial number would be cheaper and easier..... most likely cheaper and easier for e sequencial numbering.

Wonder if there would be a huge difference ($$$)in just getting our Legion Id number in the coins??? or if a sequencial number would be cheaper and easier..... most likely cheaper and easier for e sequencial numbering.

I would say that actual ID numbering would be higher b/c you would talking about a more limited run. If there is an average of of say 30 troopers per year who make EIB then you might start the numbering for as 1101, 1102.. and so on. In the long run though, it might be more cost effective to do a run of 100 coins 1-100.

We've priced it out and sequential numbering adds about $.75-$1 per coin, depending on the volume we order.

that's not a bad difference. i'd say well worth it. it'd give traceability :)

It would be awesome if we could have the coin after our EIB number, but I already have a gold coin so that counts me out...:(

It would be awesome if we could have the coin after our EIB number, but I already have a gold coin so that counts me out...:(

That would just make the un numbered ones all the more valuable mate. ;):lol:

Seriously though, I cannot see anyone begrudging the extra $1 if it helps stop the shysters getting their gruuby little hands on them.

• 2 weeks later...