Gold Coin on ebay :-((((

Turrican

i think the EIB coins should come back. :) i know i'd charish it after i earn it :P i collect coins. and that'd be a great addition. something to be proud of. cool.gif

facebook_like_button_small02.png

Nice one mate

:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a good idea if we know exactly who's bidding on it, so we don't end up bidding against ourselves.

My ebay name is Venger247, but as it stands right now, I'll not be bidding on it, but I'll keep an eye on it to see how it's going.

We would have to keep track of it here, and hope that all FISD bidders see this post. He has the listing set up as private, so we can not see who is bidding, but there is one bid on it now for $9.99.

Looking at past auctions, you can see he often makes "extras" of runs he does, then sells them on Ebay. I have seen his name before on auctions with 501st stuff so not really surprised, his name on there is not an easy one to forget.

It's a shame to see a really special coin like this up for sale and I hate to see how much it's going to cost to get it back in the community.

Dan (the seller) was nice enough to block my ebay account so I couldn't bid on it. I tried to snipe it but got a nice ebay message instead.

I guess pooled FISD staff money isn't good enough for some people.

You know, even at $30 I'm not sure it's worth it. In the end EI is a recognition program for people who like to take pride in their costumes. The real reward is knowing that you have an outstanding costume, and having your mug eternally plastered on our EI roster. The gold coin is just a memento, nothing more, and the least valuable part of the EI experience.

The real reward is knowing that you have an outstanding costume, and having your mug eternally plastered on our EI roster. The gold coin is just a memento, nothing more, and the least valuable part of the EI experience.

i'd have to agree with you 100% :)

but... sometimes, mementos rock :P lol

You know, even at $30 I'm not sure it's worth it. In the end EI is a recognition program for people who like to take pride in their costumes. The real reward is knowing that you have an outstanding costume, and having your mug eternally plastered on our EI roster. The gold coin is just a memento, nothing more, and the least valuable part of the EI experience.

Here, here, to what Paul said. The true reward is being in the EIB section and having a suit that you are proud of. There is no plaque, coin, t-shirt, or mug that could replace that. So whoever won the coins, if they have not earned the EIB, then it is just another coin. ;)

Well.. I placed one bid on the coin, at $32.. but someone had a higher bid on it. When the auction ended, I got a message from the seller that he had another one, and would sell it to me for the $32. He also said that he had other coins like that, and that if I wanted, we could make some 'discreet' deal.

I'm going for EIB, so I hope it's cool if I keep the coin.

I canceled my bid due to staff request. I hope the coin came back home?

I was going to donate it back home if I won it......

Did the staff win it back?

No, the seller put my ebay account on a blocked list. Luckily it's on it's way back anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats good news! Glad its back in FISD member hands

Thats good news. I still have mine but the gold has faded really bad and its practically all silver now :( It was a first run.

Yea, i have a first run one as well, and like yours, the gold has faded so much it is practically silver.:huh:

Is that the same seller as the first one?

Yes it is.

Although I think it was previously mentioned in this thread that the silver coins were open to anyone to buy.

Yes it is.

Although I think it was previously mentioned in this thread that the silver coins were open to anyone to buy.

I believe the main concern was getting the Gold EIB coin back to FISD. ;)

Edited by blueboxer