hi-rez TKC screenshots

dashrazor

im putting together a collection of screenshots now that i am close to painting.. i am trying to get a good shot of the blaster details as well... ;)

hope these are helpfull

small.27143095619_921eb6c5ab_o.jpg.5eec9large.24055274487_cc37690fed_o.jpg.30fd6large.27143095759_b48472dc3a_o.jpg.aebadlarge.Image10.jpg.5cee78f3c89864df8d151clarge.Image9.jpg.02f15c300eb75599898327flarge.Image8.jpg.e6afd4ebb0c65834643a78blarge.Image7.jpg.fd41c2b57c9f51584f12963

more to come soon :P

I never noticed the black area on the ears, thanks for these screenshots ! :)

at first i thought the black on the ears was a glitch.. but it is like that on the skin files and it is completely different from the ICN and other TFU stormtroopers in that detail..

Whoah... good timing on these Mason. I will be printing these off shortly for my build. :dancing-trooper:

Edit: Are there only 6 teeth cut out on the helmet, or am I missing two?

all the teeth are cut out (ANH stunt style) it is hard to see as it is so small ;) also the black pattern on the ears is visable on bothe the PC and ps3 versions of the game.. so it is definitely not a glitch (i had to double check that) it is a commander specific detail i hadn't noticed before

all the teeth are cut out (ANH stunt style) it is hard to see as it is so small ;) also the black pattern on the ears is visable on bothe the PC and ps3 versions of the game.. so it is definitely not a glitch (i had to double check that) it is a commander specific detail i hadn't noticed before

great pics mate i'm re doing mine so these help not sure about the black on the ears it looks cool but is it clearable ...also i dont see any drop boxes??

Edited by tk8428

like i said it is a detail i had not noticed until taking the higher res screenshots.. i overlooked it thinking it was a shadow glitch.. but it is on the texture file and it is also on both the PC and PS3 versions of the game

like i said it is a detail i had not noticed until taking the higher res screenshots.. i overlooked it thinking it was a shadow glitch.. but it is on the texture file and it is also on both the PC and PS3 versions of the game

i do like the black additions they really set the helmet apart

On 2/10/2011 at 12:37 AM, Tube said:

There are perks to being a character in a video game. Like not having to worry about how your shoulder plates are going to stay on...

idk lol this troopers shoulder looks like its falling off :P

large.24055274487_cc37690fed_o.jpg.30fd6

speaking of shoulders they appear to be painted black with blue over them

small.tkc01.jpg.274b690ea78076c778c6a479

Yeah... And being able to have complete mobility in armor...But for real life, figuring out how to make your shoulder plates float away from your shoulders may be tough :o

My armor comes in tomorrow, and I have already printed off these shots! Build thread incoming soon!

Again, thanks for posting these, Mason.

Yeah... And being able to have complete mobility in armor...But for real life, figuring out how to make your shoulder plates float away from your shoulders may be tough :o

My armor comes in tomorrow, and I have already printed off these shots! Build thread incoming soon!

Again, thanks for posting these, Mason.

cant wait to watch :)

well my GML has accepted the black ears but not the drop boxes yet

here are my ears

i think if you painted over the existing vertical black stripe with gray,and run one horizontal stripe through the center of the ear, it would match the screenshots more closely ;)

also i am still on the fence with the boxes for the TKC also, i am going to compare the game files with a white trooper to be certain. but the ear detail is nailed ;)

colored drop boxes seem to be a common EU trait for TK variants

the magma trooper also has black boxes as well (magma troopers do not appear in any game as far as i know)

MagmaTrooperGG.thumb.jpg.fc6a660ffa03fa79b33231faf92dba7d.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Okay, I updated my bucket with the new ear color. Tell me what you think.

pdlX4TI.jpghfsrj3g.jpg9F8XnW8.jpg

Also, added the edge trim and adding a new button section tomorrow. Got some ideas on how to mod the current ab plate and not have to have something made. We shale see. Hope I don't ruin it! :huh:

Trying to figure out how to make the belt a little thinner so it matches better without buying a new one.

Now, I have been looking at all kinds of screen shots as well. I fully agree with the ears and the belt button being covered as for the new things. The drop boxes I have a problem with. It really seems to me (I could be wrong) that this is just a shadowing. In certain areas they are white. In darker shadow ridden areas they are gray. At certain angles they are white. The original game shots they are white.

So, I don't know. I think unless there is some real proof that they should only ever be a "may have" as it is still and will probably remain a question as to the designers intention. Would be nice to get a hold of the main designer to find out for sure on some of this.

wow that was fast!!! and it looks great ;) it looks to me on the screencaps that there is no vertical stripes on the bump parts... but it may just be how i am looking at it

On 2/11/2011 at 9:34 AM, dashrazor said:

wow that was fast!!! and it looks great ;) it looks to me on the screencaps that there is no vertical stripes on the bump parts... but it may just be how i am looking at it

I will see if I can get some shots of it. I can clearly see during most of the game that there is a vertical strip on the rear side of the raised bumps. It is the same for both sides. I just fixed that as well.

LWr6d2k.jpg

I don't have this for computer so I will see what I can get as far as shots from the TV. I think you can see it a little on the pictures that are posted already. It is small as the black horizontal line covers most of it. This is just a video game however and and so it is hard to pin down any one thing like that as it can change depending on the scene and the quality/detail for the moment in the game. So, heck, I don't know! :rolleyes::lol:

Not a big fan of the black ears anyways but I am wanting to be as accurate as I can be well, minus a leg. :D

I should have everything done tomorrow. So, what do we think about the gray drop boxes?

Really for me that is the only thing I just can't get behind. I just don't think there is enough there to say they are gray.

nYPcQit.jpg

My opinion is I think the drop boxes should be grey. They are clearly seen in the unfolded texture files.

Also with the black stripe on the helmet, it looks like you are totally correct with the vertical stripe towards the rear of the ear... You do have to look hard too see it though :P

I'm about to paint on the black of my ears :)

My opinion is I think the drop boxes should be grey. They are clearly seen in the unfolded texture files.

Also with the black stripe on the helmet, it looks like you are totally correct with the vertical stripe towards the rear of the ear... You do have to look hard too see it though :P

I'm about to paint on the black of my ears :)

good work!! :duim: the details are being nailed guys... i really like the ear markings.. it looks quite distinguishing