Stormtrooper pictures from Episode IV production

I don't know if any of you (or all of you) have already seen these pictures of some notable stormtroopers without their helmets on, but I thought I'd scan them for you just in case. They're from the huge new "Making of Star Wars" book. VERY nice buy if you don't already have it. Feel free to save and/or repost on the forum.

TC

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

:peace: LOL so they didnt use hard hat or base ball liners..... :0Lighten: it was the "Fros" that kept the helmets on!!!!

Great pics!!!!

It looks like if the inner barrel of the MG-15 was removed.... were these demiliterized weapons, or real funcionable??? any thoughts??

Very nice and big back pack picture!!!!

So what would the ( gilligan hat, cigarette, and sun glasses) in the picture above be..... "Off screen cannon" :huh::duim:

It is a great book, and a great read!!! I was AMAZED at the number of things GL used in the new films from his original thoughts, like:

Padawan

Mace Windu (was Mace Windy in the 1974-1976 writings)

Utapah (sp?)

Vallorum

Allderan as the Galactic Empire

There are several other I am leaving out, but it was really cool to see some of his thoughts from the 70's make it into the films (all be it in another form) in 99 and beyond.

Great stuff!!

It is a great book, and a great read!!! I was AMAZED at the number of things GL used in the new films from his original thoughts, like:

Padawan

Mace Windu (was Mace Windy in the 1974-1976 writings)

Utapah (sp?)

Vallorum

Allderan as the Galactic Empire

There are several other I am leaving out, but it was really cool to see some of his thoughts from the 70's make it into the films (all be it in another form) in 99 and beyond.

Great stuff!!

Yeah, it's weird to read those names we just recently learned, in text written so long ago. The evolution of the story is pretty astounding, too. It's literally exhausting to read.

I also just received that book 2 days ago .. can't wait to go through it .. I don't even wanna look at the picture now and spoil the fun, I'm just gonna go and read the text at the same time .. it's amazing everything we learn in there ...

I don't know if I'm the only one there, but did you guys notice the hair ball on these guys? Damn, it must have been pretty hot in there .. and I bet they didn't think about the fan system! LOL

Thats why the best way to go is 180 degrees (The opposite way!!!)

Neckseal2.jpg

Keeps ya cool, and no hair to catch in the fans!!!

Bald troopers are da best!! (My wife's opinion, anyways!!!)

:trooper:

Back then if someone suggested a CPU fan they would have said "A what?"

You know the fan attached to the commercial AC unit that is used to keep the computer room cool. A CPU fan right? :P

Have the book and it's awesome, but great to see this pix scanned in. Those pix on the Tantive were critical in getting my ANH style armor adjusted correctly.

One thing that jumps out at me compared to most 501st TK's is look how little black actually shows up on those guys. Very little!

One thing that jumps out at me compared to most 501st TK's is look how little black actually shows up on those guys. Very little!

Yep, the FX armor has short biceps, a high cut butt plate, and the thigh contour is off especially in the back. Someday I'll have accurate armor (I hope).

That guy looks like he's wearing a wig. Also, is he dressed like Flash Gordon? What's with the ring around his shoulder? It totally looks like one guy they zoom in on slowly in documentaries...the one guy who does something bad...and then needs a documentary made about him. That poor dewback.

Here's a bigger one...

glasses.jpg